Fuel pump, FPR or something else?

I depressed the schrader valve and there is no fuel pressure at the rail.

So, could the problem still be the crank sensor or is it for sure the fuel pump? Is there a way to confirm it is one or the other? Are there still other possibilities?

No fuel at the schrader valve and no fuel pressure at the rail indicates the pump is not pumping or there is a delivery problem such as a blocked fuel line or a split in the fuel line inside the fuel tank.

No fuel at the schrader valve and no fuel pressure at the rail indicates the pump is not pumping or there is a delivery problem such as a blocked fuel line or a split in the fuel line inside the fuel tank.

Assuming the pump is not pumping can that be caused by a failed crank sensor and if so is there a way to determine whether the pump is bad or the crank sensor?

Assuming the pump is not pumping can that be caused by a failed crank sensor and if so is there a way to determine whether the pump is bad or the crank sensor?

Pump will run at key on regardless of the CKP.
It sounds to me like it's time to drop your gas tank.

Pump SHOULD run at key on regardless of the CKP.

The pump will "prime" the fuel rail" for a second or so when the ignition key is turned on. You can cycle the key on/off a few times and it should prime even a completely empty fuel rail.

I really need help choosing a fuel pump. I see prices all over the map and I also see contradictions on which ones fit a '96. The car is stock so I don't need performance. I just need it to work.

just grab a 255 walbro.
plenty of flow and a quality product.
nothing special about first gen pumps, its the 2nd gens you need to be specific.

just grab a 255 walbro.
plenty of flow and a quality product.
nothing special about first gen pumps, its the 2nd gens you need to be specific.

Thanks, can you tell me where to buy one from? Also, does the fact that '96 is OBD2 matter?

Members online

No members online now.
Back