Fuel door popper will not work!

marco

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is annoying! I pulled the button out cleaned it put spring in there so the button will pop up and it still will not work. Is it the button or could it be something else? The only way to open the fuel door is inside the trunk, I'd like to fix that.

Yes, I searched and found nothing went back 10 pages and gave up.

Do you hear it click by the fuel door? If so bust out some wd-40 and spray the part that the fuel door click/locks into..Worked for me and many others.

if you realy need to get to it theres a full latch in the trunk too

Ok, figured I would also offer the cheap fix if available... Sorry.
if you want a module, PM me for address

I like cheap fixes, too bad it didn't work this time! I'll let you know on the module, I'm thinking I may have to sell my Lincoln and get something a bit better on gas. Once I make my mind up and have the extra cash I'll let you know. I just cannot see me driving a honda.

Properly maintained you should get 20+ in the city and 24+ Hwy, you gettin a prius or a motorcycle?

I had 2 Marks, on each one i literally ripped off that plastic hook that holds the door to the gas cap shut. Screw it, i aint got time to deal with some little door that dont open.

Properly maintained you should get 20+ in the city and 24+ Hwy, you gettin a prius or a motorcycle?

i get like 14-15 city, thats all i drive though...I have no f'n idea whats wrong w/ it..New plugs, o2's are within range, no misfires, cleaned maf...Only change from stock that might affect it would be muffler removal and 19's.../sidetrack

you said you pulled the button out, as in the button on the door panel? and you put the spring in it and the button still doesnt work. well, i might be wrong, but if you messed with the button from the door panel my guess is you lost the metal tab that goes inside the button between the button and the spring. without the metal tab there is nothing inside the button housing to make an electrical contact, hence no clicking in your fuel door from the solenoid. just get a new button for your door panel fuel release or open the trunk and pull the stupid cable.

You want black or chrome? There's no solenoid in the wiring diagram that I can see, so all ya need is a new button. Same price

I had 2 Marks, on each one i literally ripped off that plastic hook that holds the door to the gas cap shut. Screw it, i aint got time to deal with some little door that dont open.

That very handy until you pi$$ off some chick and she pours sugar in your tank cuz it's not locked..or someone just steals your gas.
YouTube - Full Metal Jacket Security

i get like 14-15 city, thats all i drive though...I have no f'n idea whats wrong w/ it..New plugs, o2's are within range, no misfires, cleaned maf...Only change from stock that might affect it would be muffler removal and 19's.../sidetrack

Big wheels eat city gas...and bearings and brakes, and susspension

You guys are talking about the metal clip kind of in a c shape? I put it back in the right way and it makes contact now, it was missing a spring so it would not pop back up.

Pull the button from the harness and make a super wire, if that doesn't work it'll be either a short, bad fuse, or the latch solenoid in the door of the gas cap, there's 2x ?6mm? screws that hold it in, I've got a spare...let me know bro

Members online

No members online now.
Back