FU(K 2010 and my life!!!

Happysacks00

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok, starting to get very frustrated with my LS....although its not my fault....

Finally got it back from the bodyshop, what do i find??....someones balding head in my bumper...yep a$$hole sprayed right over his own hair. They forgot to buff out any overspray on the fenders and door, and they did not paint the lower grille on the passanger side where it can pop off. WTF!!!

So heres whats really pissing me off. Go to change my oil after work, to find out that when i take the drain plug out its half stripped. The last time I changed my oil myself in july it was perfectly fine. I had my dad bring it to the shop he works at and have one of the guys do it in late october. Some fu(king people man. Does anyone take pride in their work anymore???

So looks like im out of pocket with buying an oil pan and putting it in myself when we can get a bay open on a sunday. After I finally get my car back after 2 weeks, drive it for a day and a half and now back to not driving it. FML

That sucks. Been there with coils failing then the PCM went too a week later. Sucks balls. Hang in there man. Once you get her fixed and running again, you'll remember why you stayed with her

Before you go and buy a new oil pan, why not try and re tap the hole? Sounds pretty cheap and easy to me!

me too, got bad control arms, links and shocks, along with a leak somewhere in my power steering....

im going to get one of those self tapping plugs tomorow....who knows how long it will hold up though.....Ill probly buy a pan sometime inbetween changes and put it in the next time around...

Sounds like my start to the new year. I took mine in for an oil change and they told me my front brakes are worn, right outer tie rod end needs replaced, both lower ball joints are bad ($680 for each lower control arm from ford now), and tires need replaced (already knew that).

Seems like everyone goes at one time for the LS.. I already bitched about mine.. Windshield crack, coolant leaking, coils , and leaky valve covers.. Sorry to hear bro.. GL!!!

damn. My ls is parked in the garage for the winter. I.m buying coils and an upgraded fuel pump with my taxes, and swapping then out before spring. Every car breaks. Fix it and move on. I love my ls!

oh, and make the body shop fix their mistakes. It would bug the hell out of me.

the drain plug cant you heli coil it ?
The body shop should make good on their work and give you a loaner car for free!! Is it a dealer bodyshop? If so talk to the GM,you might get a be able or a full detail out of them for free at the very least you should be able to get a free oil change!!!!

I'd take the oil change. Do NOT let them "detail" your car.

Expanding rubber plugs are readily available. It's a serious job to change the lower sump.
KS

both lower ball joints are bad ($680 for each lower control arm from ford now)

I actualy got this done right around january 4th...it was a nice way to kick off the year :mad:....but the shop were i took it charged my around $640 & they orderd the parts straight from the dealer.

Ford did a good job with oil pan threads. It is very possible that the only part that needs to be replaced is the drain plug itself. Ford designed this so that the treads on the plug would strip before the oil pan threads would. So run a tap in the pan and just get a new oil drain plug. That should take care of the problem.

I actualy got this done right around january 4th...it was a nice way to kick off the year :mad:....but the shop were i took it charged my around $640 & they orderd the parts straight from the dealer.

I'm ordering the ball joints on ebay and going that way. There's a guy in town that can press the old ones out for me.

soon as I saw the topic name I thought you were going to say your tail light burnt out...

Well since everyone is venting let me let off a little steam. I had the VCG done in Feb 08. Stupid mechanic didn't see the new spark plugs at the time and didn't put them in. So no more burning oil smell. Fast forward two years later, I just get back from being deployed for six months about two weeks ago. Girl friend says that while I was gone the CEL light came on and it was acting like it didn't want to drive. She took it to AutoZone and they say it's the fuel injectors. I come home and notice the slight hesitations, so I take it to Firestone and had them to check it out. Dam VCG started leaking again and two of my coils were bad. Granted I didn't have no bad coils the first time I did the job. So they replaced all the coils, new spark plugs, VCG, fuel filter, and cabin air filter. The also changed out some type of resistor, can't remember what's it called. Damage done to my wallet, $2600:( . The feeling of the LS,:D runs like a dam new car. The first time I had the VCG done, I bought them and let a guy put them on. He charged me two hundred dollars and some change. Everywhere else wanted to at least two grand. I wondered why he was so cheap. I can't say he didn't actually put them on or not but for them to start leaking again I was pissed. At least I got warranty on the work now. Sometimes it pays to pay the money up front and get it done right the first time. Just had to let it out.

Sounds like my start to the new year. I took mine in for an oil change and they told me my front brakes are worn, right outer tie rod end needs replaced, both lower ball joints are bad ($680 for each lower control arm from ford now), and tires need replaced (already knew that).

Dam $680 for a dam control arm! I paid $267 per arm when I replaced mines back in 08. Is that price from a local dealership?

my car is running great except for the fact a hit/run driver damaged my rear bumper...still not fixed yet...I need a roommate before I can blow money on the car

2010 could be worse. Your wife or significant other could tell you she is pregnant with your 5th dependent.

Members online

No members online now.
Back