Front End

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:Bang Ive got a similar thing happening. When im turning a corner to the left @ a slow speed or parellel parking its real noticeable. It sounds like a slowly opened door that creeks real bad.. Now it did this before i lowered the car, when i had the air bags. Once i lowered it, it was fine, no more noises. I had to put new end links on the fronts when i lowered it.. one broke. a coulpe months maybe have past. and the noise is back. and its only coming from the front left. this has been a problem since prety much ive had the car.

"While traveling my car developed a load squeal and a dealer replaced the upper control arm which did not solve the problem, but a little grease with a needle attachment did"
Where do you apply the grease to?

Really like to eliminate this brutal noise ive gotta deal with ! THanks

on the rod bushings,

They can look and feel tight as hell, but once you hit the brakes at a slow speed, in forward AND reverse you can feel the front wheel assy moving forward and back.

Not too hard to replace, but it will need to be aligned afterwards.

One way to test them is with two people, one in the car the other outside. Chock one front wheel at a time and depending on the position of the chalk put the car in forward or reverse. Test both forward and reverse one front wheel at a time.

You dont need to apply gas - and it would not be a good idea anyway :) The person outside should be checking for how much the body moves relative to the wheel. Anything more than a half inch is too much, heck, even a quarter inch may be too much. There is suppose to be some slight movement but not much.

Members online

No members online now.
Back