Free Service Manuals

Use Azeurus............

mholhut said:
I downloaded BitTornado... which left ample spyware on my machine... and it took an hour to download the torrent, so it's far from safe, fast or easy. I guess it's all a matter of what your time is worth. Mine's worth alot more than trying to figure this out.

Click, buy, ship with ebay!

This stuff is not rocket science, but it is not as easy as tying ones shoes either. I think that the real confusion comes in when someone clicks on the torrent files on the freecd site and it appears on their computer. This is only step one. This is really only a link to the actual file. Actually it is a link to the thousands of Bits or pieces of the file, thereby comes the name Bit Torrent. You are actually downloading pieces of the entire file from multiple locations. And you need the Bit Torrent downloading or client to bring all of the pieces together and reassemble them. The CD images will take most people a few hours to download. The DVD images may take a few days to download.

One of the second issues that people seem to be having is that you don't just download the ISO or NRG files and burn them to a cd or dvd. They are images of a cd or dvd and need to be burned by a program that will handel ISO or NRG files correctly. Nero will handle either type of file with equal ease.

The third issue that people seem to be running into is that they think that they can burn the image, put in in the drive and they will magically have a usable manual. You will still have to run the setup program that is on the CD or DVD. It will put an ICON in your start menu that will allow you to access the manuals. These manuals are complete, meaning that they contain all Ford and Lincoln cars for the year picked, not just Lincoln LS or Mark VIII.

And last but not least, Daemon tools will work with all of the images tjat are on the site. After you install the Daemon tools, you will have to mount the image by browseing to wherever you have the image located. YOU STILL HAVE TO RUN THE INSTALL PROGRAM TO USE THE MANUALS. The installation program contains all of the pointers that will tell the manual program where to locate the files needed to view the manuals.

If after all of this exausting work you are still having issues, PM me and I will burn you a disk and send it to you.

As a side note..........

Some of the DVD images that are available on the site require you to burn them to a "Double Layer" or "Dual Layer" DVD because of the size of the image. That means a special DVD burner, and special discs.

ke4unr said:
I downloaded the 04-05 manual again, downloaded/installed Daemon Tools 4.0.3 X86 (Win XP version). Rebooted and have the Daemon icon in the tray. I right click and select Mount Image for Device 0: [E:], select the 04_05.iso file and click on Open. I get a very brief "Please Wait" message from Daemon Tools and then nothing. Any ideas? Hopefully I'm overlooking something blatantly obvious. I feel I'm so frustratingly close!
I found the "problem", and it was something somewhat obvious. Thanks for you help. :)

might be a stupid question... but what do the TSBs mean? are they similar to recalls and should the dealer fix these problems free of charge? i just got this service manual thing to work, and i was also wondering if anybody has a user name and password on here so i could check the Oasis report... thanks

KE4UNR: I'm at the same point you were at. I mounted the image file with Daemon tools, but nothing happens. What do I do now? Help from anyone is appreciated

ok, after mounting the image with Daemon tools you then need to click on "My Computer". You will then see a the virtual drive letter, in my case it is F. Click on this drive and then click on the setup icon, the service manuals will load.

Now, the CD nrg I downloaded has mustand, crown V and a few others, but not the LS. Which CD image should I download that has the LS?

LennDawg said:
might be a stupid question... but what do the TSBs mean? are they similar to recalls and should the dealer fix these problems free of charge?
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. No, they're not like recalls; they're really "how-to" documents for techs and mechanics that address recurrent problems for which the manufacturer has devised a fix.

If your car's still under warranty, it should be fixed for free (or whatever the terms of your warranty are); otherwise, you're on your own.

Greetings to everyone. I need help with a problem concerning the 2004-2005 Ford Service Manual DVD Torrent. The large file downloaded with no problems. I used daemon-tools to mount the image. Setup ran and the program installed correctly. Now for the problem. I receive the following error:
This volume has expired and can no longer be use. Please discard this disc.
The content list shows up but it will not allow me to proceed any farther without showing the error message. Any help is welcomed.

you need to set the date on your pc back to the year of your car or in this case the year of the manual...kind of a pain but worth the trouble.
my problem has been getting the torrent to download..is anyone else having this problem?

I used a program that sets the date back for the executable file itself. Now it works geat. All is now well.

I bought the CD off Ebay for 5 bucks. Better than the ones we had from from ford when I worked at the used car dealership. I feel like I was suckered on ebay and should have joined the group alot earlier

Got both my CD's off ebay... work perfectly. I gave up doing the backflips with the free downloads trying to get them to work.

nice!
is there a difference between Ford Car CDs .ISO Format
and
Ford Service Manual DVD Torrents
besides for the format?

When i try to open the 04-05 manual i get "Error. This volume has expired and can no longer be used. Please discard disc." Is there anyway to fix this, so I can open it?

When i try to open the 04-05 manual i get "Error. This volume has expired and can no longer be used. Please discard disc." Is there anyway to fix this, so I can open it?

Hmm I'd have to dig up my CD or download it again to be sure but it sounds like it has a time lock. Try setting the clock on your computer back a year (you may have to do this during the install) and it should work.

I let it run overnight and it finally downloaded to a zip file... which, when opened, reveals an ".nrg" file which I imagine has something to do with Nero. So I'll try and find what to do with that now.

In the mean time, I went on ebay, found the CD I wanted and bought it for $9.00 shipped. Should have it before I figure out this crappola.

If you get a .NRG file (Nero Format) you can burn straight to CD if you have Nero and you don't have to worry about Torrent. That is what I did to get my 2002 manual.

Same thing ended up happening to me. Problem was the file was too big to burn to a DVD (+5gb). I tried setting my computer clock back a year or two but still the same thing. I just deleted the file from my hard drive. Let me know if anyone has been able to make it work. I would really like a disc for an 04.

n8

I'm downloading a torrent... slowwwwly... but can't complain for the price ;)

I'm downloading a torrent... slowwwwly... but can't complain for the price ;)

Let me know how that works out for you. Like I said I did the same thing. Once it was all finished I had an ISO file that was over 5gb... would not even go on a DVD. I installed it from my hard drive and it just didnt work.

Let me know if you have any luck with this.
Owlman... your car is is in the 03-06 range right?

yeah, 06. I'm about 60% downloaded on the 05-06 manual. Now I notice they have a 07-08 manual up too! oh well

Need some help here. I downloaded the 04-05 manual (over 30 hours on broadband service), downloaded/installed Daemon Tools 4.0.3 X86 (Win XP version). Rebooted and have the Daemon icon in the tray. I right click and select Mount Image for Device 0: [F:], select the 04_05.iso file and click on Open. I reset the machine date year to 2005. I ran the setup program. Then I tried to run the program and got the following error - "Runtime error! Program:...tsobrowser.exe. abnormal program termination. " This all under a banner of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. What do I do to correct anything and get the inmages to open? :confused:

Mine finally finished downloading. Yeah it's an 8 gig ISO, too big for DVD. I mounted the iso virtually using Microsoft's Virtual CD control panel, and installed it. Seems to run fine, except that I do have to set my computer clock back a few years!
new1ja2.jpg

Ford DVD question

Not to hijack, but I have a Ford manual related question. I have one, but to use it I must reset the date time on my computer as Ford puts an expire date on the disk. Has anyone figured out a hack to keep from having to reset the computer date time? I have to reset far enough back now that several other programs that rely on the date time get messed up each time I use the manual. Getting to be a real PITA.

Members online

Back