free dyno droid users

PHIL ANDERSON

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
go into the market , search dyno . there is a free one in there , it works as well as a friends g tech. ive been having a blast, only problem is the car will not hook up . its 90 degrees out and its like running on grease! the old girl spins into second gear. time for a trac lock. bosh spark plugs has one advertised in hot rod but its 4.99 unless you only want 0 to 60 times. this droid is the greatest thing ive bought in years , i couldnt understand how useful this thing would be its amazing

With other apps you can use the Droid as an OBD 2 scanner as well.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up! Droids kick arse.

Droid = model of Motorola phone (Droid Eris = model of HTC phone)
Android = Operating System.
iOS = POS :D

Anyway a while back I tried Dino Dyno for Android on my HTC Dream (G1,) and it's pretty much as accurate as a G-tech would be. And you can't beat free.

go into the market , search dyno . there is a free one in there , it works as well as a friends g tech. ive been having a blast, only problem is the car will not hook up . its 90 degrees out and its like running on grease! the old girl spins into second gear. time for a trac lock. bosh spark plugs has one advertised in hot rod but its 4.99 unless you only want 0 to 60 times. this droid is the greatest thing ive bought in years , i couldnt understand how useful this thing would be its amazing

i got "a Dyno" a while ago on mine, aint got around to testing it yet but it was a free one, and id think again on those bosh plugs. they are known to fall apart, i had one suck the electrode into the cyl on my bird and ive personally seen numerous accounts where they either get sucked through or blown out. motorcraft or autolite only

I downloaded it but havent played with it yet. I was just about to go try it when my phone said it had the Android 2.2 software update. I have been awaiting that. Wow! Man does the phone run fast now!

i have a g1 that I got at launch, it's a piece of :q:q:q:q

when something decent with a real keyboard comes along I might upgrade but for now I'm broke and poking along with my g1

my iphone does 5mp and full 720p video, can the droid be used to control a pc or mac over the net? ( no sarcasm its a real question) i use mine for working on audio rigs and networking with the systems via the internet. pics and video aren't high on the priority list i havent seen any of the apps for the droid that will do the things i need from my iphone
my last question is Why is it that everyone calls their phone the iphone killer when the iphone is still rated the no 1 selling phone and the no 1 in performance? and why do most people i talk to complain about having to download an app to turn off other apps that are running in the background? before anyone mentions the "death grip" watch this

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/july-2010/
:cool:

Last edited:
my iphone does 5mp and full 720p video, can the droid be used to control a pc or mac over the net? ( no sarcasm its a real question)

Yes, with several apps. Most popular is PhoneMyPC.

*Edit* just looked around and saw you can do it for free:

1. Go to No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP and do the free dynamic dns service.
2. Install ultraVNC (or any other free VNC servers out there)
3. Get the android-vnc-viewer app from the market place.
4. Log into your computer using the web address that you received from no-ip.info.

with the no-ip service you can even run a web server or ftp server and log into them from anywhere in the world using your browser or FTP client.

That info was from '09 so they were doing it at least with the last few versions of Android.

my iphone does 5mp and full 720p video, can the droid be used to control a pc or mac over the net? ( no sarcasm its a real question) i use mine for working on audio rigs and networking with the systems via the internet. pics and video aren't high on the priority list i havent seen any of the apps for the droid that will do the things i need from my iphone
my last question is Why is it that everyone calls their phone the iphone killer when the iphone is still rated the no 1 selling phone and the no 1 in performance? and why do most people i talk to complain about having to download an app to turn off other apps that are running in the background? before anyone mentions the "death grip" watch this

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/july-2010/
:cool:
The iPhone is 2MP unless you have the newest version that just came out.

As for sales, come on. The iPhone has been out longer and when they say "the most popular" they are going by total units sold. All the iPhones regardless of generation are grouped together in that statistic. The Android however was separated between the Droid, Droid X, Droid Eris and as I said, came out much latter.

As for the app killer, I downloaded one but then uninstalled it since I discovered the whole app running thing was BS. All my stuff shuts off when I exit it with the exception being email notifications which are easily disabled via the control panel.

How is the OS updates on the iPhones? Can the 3G phone download the new phones OS? I am not being a smart ass, I am genuinely curious. The Android 2.2 OS is much better then what my phone came with. Fortunately my phone asked me if I wanted the newer version and then downloaded it. Much nicer, cant believe how much faster it is.

Also, which screen has higher resolution and which phone has a faster processor?

Now does all this matter? No. They make different phones cause people like different stuff. :lol: I played with Sapperfires iPhone and found it to be a neat little phone but I think my Droid is a superior device.

i do have the iphone 4 and it does have a better higher res screen, yes the processor in them is the same i believe but its how the software utilizes the processor all iphones down to the 3g can use the newest os. ive used the droid and the different versions of it and did not find that they could do what i needed with the speed or ease that i needed.
why is there so many different android os's, cant they all get together and come up with a general conscious on one android os? true question one other turn off for the droid system is that ive know of several different people that their phone will magically erase them selves. but like you said everyone has their own likes and dislikes

there are so many version of Android because it is an open source software, it is being developed and updated at a far faster speed than apple software.

the improvements to android come almost on a weekly basis where as a controlled OS like apple/mac windows etc wait for scheduled updates.

i love the iphone,but i seriously think the open source android software will soon far surpass apple and as long as motorola and other device manufacturers do their part, the tide will turn in androids favor sooner than later.

i do have the iphone 4 and it does have a better higher res screen, yes the processor in them is the same i believe but its how the software utilizes the processor all iphones down to the 3g can use the newest os. ive used the droid and the different versions of it and did not find that they could do what i needed with the speed or ease that i needed.
why is there so many different android os's, cant they all get together and come up with a general conscious on one android os? true question one other turn off for the droid system is that ive know of several different people that their phone will magically erase them selves. but like you said everyone has their own likes and dislikes

There are not "so many OS's" as you put it, rather there are lower end devices that are still running the old Android 1.5 which is very outdated. Froyo is the newest OS being rolled out now (2.2) and Gingerbread will be out at the end of the year. Each OS is improved over the last one that preceeded it and adds new features. It is the same thing Apple does when they launch a new phone, except the Android platform is on many phones.

ah see i learn new stuff every day ive had an iphone for a while now and before that it was a crackberry im really not knocking the android platform ive just heard bad things from users im sure it goes both ways

my only complaint on the motorola droid is the phone quality sucks..........makes you sound all muffled , so its a great phone except for the phone part :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back