Free Air Ride stuff!! Free!!

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Came to the realization I will never be using this stuff again, if I were to switch back to Air it would be with new components..and this stuff is getting in the way in my dad's garage and he wants it gone. Soo who wants it, giving away the front air struts, rear air bags and rear shocks. All of it came off my 82K mile 95, no it's not new yes there are fine cracks in the rubber where it folds but all air bags with the exception of the pass side front held air just fine for 10K miles (since I got it) the front end only slammed on me two or three times when it got cold out overnight when it was parked with the nose down, it never gave me any check suspension notifications on the message center and held air fine when driving, so I'm sure one of you could use this stuff as temporary replacements.

Fronts (both show fine cracks near the fold point, passenger side being worse than drivers side)
IMAG1455_zpsd841154f.jpg

rear bags never once leaked down however do have some fine cracks as well..but hey they're FREE..the rear shocks are original, and yea..they do their job.
IMAG1454_zps081a6236.jpg

whoever wants them either pick them up or pay for shipping!

Dang Kevin! Where were you when I first got my car! The only thing wrong with the air ride was in the morning the back end would be on the ground! I would have loved to have those rear bags then!

Now I've converted to springs, so blah.....

Markviiiedrea was first to respond so if he doesn't want them or if something falls through ill let you guys know.

by the way if the fronts hold air and has the cracking as you say near the bottom. i would slim them when you install them. it will help in the long run with the little cracks.

I'm actually going to officially pass I got a good deal on a gen II set up. Don’t know If I will run with it because I have another set coming in next month but I will see what happens. I can’t wait to ditch these springs for a real set up.

Craigslist 1.jpg

If nobody else wants the rears, I'll pay to have them shipped + $10 for the trouble. Don't want to step on toes though, if someone else wants the whole setup. Not like I'm in a shortage of these or anything. Just looking for back up's that I can go ahead and clean up and condition the rubber for putting back in the box.

All work with each other. I have 98 rears in mine now. I have new 98's in mine also. All of the air suspension air shocks and rear air springs work in all years for Marks.

+1 I'm putting 98 fronts in mine. And I know nolimit has done so as well.

The rear bags, all years, and both left and right, are all the same.

Fronts all interchange, but are side specific.

+1 I'm putting 98 fronts in mine. And I know nolimit has done so as well.

The rear bags, all years, and both left and right, are all the same.

Fronts all interchange, but are side specific.

You'll like the change. The Gen 2 style seem to have a better ride. One of mine was made in 2008 and the other was made in 2010 so, I'm assuming that 2010 was the last year they were produced and now it's a matter of time before all these different places end up running out of them. I can't seem to find new OEM rears anywhere. Seems like they would have been mass produced more than the fronts and as rare as they are about going bad, seems there would be plenty in stock. The Gen 1 style fronts that are all steel are outrageous in price. An easy $450 to $600 for one but production of that style stopped a while back. I think as they start running out, the price rises. I'm seeing a trend here.

I did have one Arnott rear in mine and one Motorcraft and the Arnott worked just fine but I ended up getting a matching set and removed that pair. They weren't leaking and I believe thaywood has them in his now. Since that swap, I have gotten another matching pair and now just getting them as I can, just to be on the safe side.

I did have one Arnott rear in mine and one Motorcraft and the Arnott worked just fine but I ended up getting a matching set and removed that pair. They weren't leaking and I believe thaywood has them in his now. Since that swap, I have gotten another matching pair and now just getting them as I can, just to be on the safe side.

i have arnott rears. no complaints with my arnott bag and bilstein shock set up. its plenty stiff, but not harsh.

really looking forward to stiffening the front up with new shocks.

then, i start hunting down a tremec... :cool:

Front air shocks and rear bags are spoken for..rear shocks still available if anyone wants them.

by the way if the fronts hold air and has the cracking as you say near the bottom. i would slim them when you install them. it will help in the long run with the little cracks.

Yup, that's what I would do as well. I've been running leaky bags with Slime in them for 3 years now and they're still holding air.

The Gen 1 style fronts that are all steel are outrageous in price. An easy $450 to $600 for one but production of that style stopped a while back.
That's what I paid for mine 5 years ago ($450 each, all steel).

Front air shocks and rear bags are spoken for..rear shocks still available if anyone wants them.
Do the rear shocks hook up to the stock solenoids that came on the early 94's and 93's? How many miles are on the shocks? I would be interested if they hook up to the solenoids. I don't see them in your pics tho.

That's what I paid for mine 5 years ago ($450 each, all steel).

Do the rear shocks hook up to the stock solenoids that came on the early 94's and 93's? How many miles are on the shocks? I would be interested if they hook up to the solenoids. I don't see them in your pics tho.

all bags hook up to all years. regardless of what is said. the parts remained the same in style just quality got better in 98

all bags hook up to all years. regardless of what is said. the parts remained the same in style just quality got better in 98

This question was misunderstood. He meant the old 93 and early 94's that had the solenoids on the rear shocks, not air springs. When you turn the key on or start the car, you will hear two clicks in the rear and they were designed to stop the car from diving in the front when hard braking. Needless to say, it must not have been to good of an idea because they cut it loose from the early 94's and never put it in anymore Marks. I have had a Mark with it and have one now without it and I can't tell any difference, except no clicking at start up.

This question was misunderstood. He meant the old 93 and early 94's that had the solenoids on the rear shocks, not air springs. When you turn the key on or start the car, you will hear two clicks in the rear and they were designed to stop the car from diving in the front when hard braking. Needless to say, it must not have been to good of an idea because they cut it loose from the early 94's and never put it in anymore Marks. I have had a Mark with it and have one now without it and I can't tell any difference, except no clicking at start up.

That's what I was wondering...are they the solenoid shocks or not??? I don't see the solenoid's in the pics. But I do have my old solenoid's. I have after market shocks on this too and can't tell either.

they can't be solenoid adjustable shocks. those were only on 93s and early 94s. he has a 95.

Yeah no solenoids whatsoever on the rear shocks..they simply unbolted from the top and bottom and.dropped right out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back