Found Chris Tattoo pic.

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I still say ouch!

lmstatoo.jpg

Sifrino3 said:
It doesn't look to bad. Since your back, isn't as touchy as other places. .

BULLSHIZ!!!! It hurt like a mofo.The further he went up my neck the more it hurt.And I had two #10 Lortabs before hand.
That pick was taken right after I had it done It actually looks bettter now than it did then.

unstoppable said:
BULLSHIZ!!!! It hurt like a mofo.The further he went up my neck the more it hurt.And I had two #10 Lortabs before hand.
That pick was taken right after I had it done It actually looks bettter now than it did then.

Pussy!!!!!! I have one on the back of my neck and it did not hurt.....well, it did when they recolored it....but it did not hurt when I got it done........WIMP!!!!! :Beer

They mustn't have gone very deep. The skin right over the bone of the spine is the most sensitive aside from the ankle.

CaptainZilog said:
They mustn't have gone very deep. The skin right over the bone of the spine is the most sensitive aside from the ankle.

If you were referring to me, then it has nothing to do with the needle and how deep it is. It has to do with your threashold of pain.....and mine is somewhat high.....
:N :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
If you were referring to me, then it has nothing to do with the needle and how deep it is. It has to do with your threashold of pain.....and mine is somewhat high.....
I think you're confusing being high with having a high pain threshold. :N :Beer

Different people have different KINDs of threshholds for different kinds of pain.I hate that stinging kind of pain associated with tattoos but I've been wacked in the shin with a pipe and kept working like it was no big deal.Then the next day my shin was all swollen and I forgot what happened.
I was like "whys my shin all swollen"
I'll get bruises occassionally and wonder where they came from cause I didnt fell anything.

1wykdmk8 said:
If It has to do with your threashold of pain.....and mine is somewhat high.....

My threshold has to be pretty high....I have to put up with you freaks..... :N

Um .... It has everything to do with needle depth. If the artist sets the depth too far he will nail your nerves directly and possibly cause scarification. I have some on my upper right arm from my first tattoo. My ex-gf had one on her lower back where the guy had the needle depth set all the way out, and it was a total scar.

Cap,
Needle depth is only a small part of it. Machine speed vs hand speed is another of the variables that causes scarring. Most people dont realize it, but when a tattooist touches the bottom of the ink cap while dipping, it will hook the end of the needle, causing much more pain. Even down to having too many (or not enough) rubber bands on the machine will make a difference. There are tons of variables as to what makes some tattoos hurt more than others. The pain threshold thing is :bsflag: , it hurts everyone the same, considering that all the variables are accounted for.

Thanks for the into, Tattooing. I've tried giving a tattoo once and the only part I was concerned with was needle depth. Ignorance ain't too good in that situation :( Edit: yeah, that all makes sense too: I had a tiny portion dragged on one of my new tattoos. OH MY GOD THAT SUCKED.

TattooingSC said:
Cap,
Needle depth is only a small part of it. Machine speed vs hand speed is another of the variables that causes scarring. Most people dont realize it, but when a tattooist touches the bottom of the ink cap while dipping, it will hook the end of the needle, causing much more pain. Even down to having too many (or not enough) rubber bands on the machine will make a difference. There are tons of variables as to what makes some tattoos hurt more than others. The pain threshold thing is :bsflag: , it hurts everyone the same, considering that all the variables are accounted for.

No...the only :bsflag: is the :bsflag: you seem to be spewing. I have several tat's and I know that there is difference in depth and speed and all that, but it does have to do with threshold as well. EVERY one that I know who have wraps said that it hurt like hell when the artist went all the way around their arms.......it did not for me. But then again, it all depends on what you consider pain. It was annoying, but it did not hurt. I actually enjoy getting tatts.....so how can you say that it hurts everyone the same.....that is the biggest pile of stinking :bsflag: that I have ever heard. I would rather argue the fact that the factory Mark VIII hood is partially made out of fiberglas (or some composite resin) or whatever than this. :feedback

Are you a freakin doctor or something, or another scientist that suspects that he/she knows everything? Pain threshold is totally different in every person. Are you a tattoo artist? If you are that is great, but please stick to what you know, not what you suspect. It makes you look smarter.
:Bang

Members online

Back