Found a bunch of wires while checking the cruise recall

90boss

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I pulled the pass side fender liner to see if my car has had the cruise recall, as soon as I dropped the liner a big long wire harness fell out. It has one newer looking plug, one really old corroded one. There is a blue tag on the speed control thingy but where the heck are the rest of these plugs suppose to connect to. There not any empty plug connectors in the area. The one that looks pretty clean is the one that has me a little baffled.

I figure with the blue tag it must have had the recall, I am not able to do the the self test from the steering wheel and my horn does not work so that must mean the clock spring is bad, bummer!!

Also did an oil change, that filter is just plain ridiculous. Thinking a filter relocate is in order this winter.

Since I have the whole car up on jack stands I was rolling around under it having a look at things. What amazes me is that with just the wipe of a rag the light coating of Nevada dust wipes off and underneath this thing looks like brand new. Let me tell ya being from MN and our winters, buying a southern car of this age is just unbelievable.

pics of the wires

828545555[/ATTACH]"]
1177g9f.jpg

828545557[/ATTACH]"]
35bflgy.jpg

Attachments

• 1177g9f.jpg
    1177g9f.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 35bflgy.jpg
    35bflgy.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 32
I like to see these things for myself, the link is handy to have. So it looks like the recall has been done.

The car is on springs since two weeks ago. All the air ride stuff is still there.

That is weird.
Recall left overs???

Out of state cars are the only way to go.
My mark is out of FL.
Bought more then one bronco form CO.

My 64 sprint is also from CO.

Brother lives in CO, spent too much time at Bandimere Speedway. :rolleyes:

Did you pull your S/C enclosed trailer with a class A motor home??

Something has my spidey senses fired up.....

That is weird.
Recall left overs???

Out of state cars are the only way to go.
My mark is out of FL.
Bought more then one bronco form CO.

My 64 sprint is also from CO.

Brother lives in CO, spent too much time at Bandimere Speedway. :rolleyes:

Did you pull your S/C enclosed trailer with a class A motor home??

Something has my spidey senses fired up.....

Nope, had a Chev C5500 Gulfsteam Endura with a 28' feather lite.

This one............

828545576[/ATTACH]"]
jr7cw8.jpg

Attachments

• jr7cw8.jpg
    jr7cw8.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
I am not able to do the the self test from the steering wheel and my horn does not work so that must mean the clock spring is bad, bummer!!

That may very well be the case boss, but before you do that, pull the fender liner on the driver's side and check to see that the same person who didn't tidy up that mess on the passenger side didn't for some reason unplug the connector that goes to your cruise control module. That module is mounted with two bolts up inside the fender. There is a ground wire for the horn in that connector. Just a thought... If your cruise control is currently working, disregard this post.

That may very well be the case boss, but before you do that, pull the fender liner on the driver's side and check to see that the same person who didn't tidy up that mess on the passenger side didn't for some reason unplug the connector that goes to your cruise control module. That module is mounted with two bolts up inside the fender. There is a ground wire for the horn in that connector. Just a thought... If your cruise control is currently working, disregard this post.

No cruise does not work, the one plug was for the air shock. I will check the for the ground wire. I have the fender liner out now so will look tomorrow. I also changed the fuel filter while I have it open.

Ok cool. If your cruise control is not working either that leads me to believe it is that connector for the module in the driver's side fender. Maybe they confused that box for an air ride control module and disconnected it. :p

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.
Back