Ford Nationals '06 At Carlisle

One_Way

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ford Nationals 2006

The 2005 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals was an unqualified success, as 48,983 Blue Oval enthusiasts flocked to Carlisle, Pennsylvania, to see more than 2605 show field cars and 1,215 vendors on 3,106 vendor spaces. Mark your 2006 calendars for the ’06 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals, June 2-4, at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The show will feature all years makes and models of Fords: originals; modifieds; unaltered; the rare; the extraordinary; the unique and the commonplace. But all the cars are special. There will also be special guests, vendors selling everything you can think of and well over 2,000 cars to see and, perhaps, purchase. Get the feel of vintage Fords, ‘60s musclecars, race cars, street cars, Mustangs, Cougars, Fairlaines, Falcons, Contours, T-Birds, Merkurs, an Edsel or two, Lincolns, Mercs, luxury cars, convertibles, coupes, trucks, wagons and much, much more. They’ll all be here, at Carlisle in 2006.

Time for planning, scheduling, and discussing! :steering

One_Way said:
Ford Nationals 2006

Time for planning, scheduling, and discussing! :steering

Don't you think it might be just a bit early to be discussing Carlisle, we're having a meet Oct 8th trying to get people interested , if that thread keeps getting knocked out of this area, guess what, they'll be NO MEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubster said:
Don't you think it might be just a bit early to be discussing Carlisle, we're having a meet Oct 8th trying to get people interested , if that thread keeps getting knocked out of this area, guess what, they'll be NO MEET!!!!!!!!!!!

A VERY WELL respected Member here has already beat me to it. :Bang If we want the folks at Carlisle to increase the show classes in the Mark VII class, its going to take a unified effort from ALL OF US to make them aware of our enthusiasm, IE preregistration!

See http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7525 See post # 16

Are there any Lincoln Mark VII owners reading this that are unaware of our efforts concerning Mark VIIs at the 2006 show?

In 2005, Lincoln Mark VII participation was at (I'm told) an all time high with about 20 cars. This was primarily due to plenty of advanced notice of the show dates, lots of Club activity, and plenty of Owners that just wanted a better parking space

Seriously though, a Carlisle winner himself, Bill "BMNLSC" drafted a letter to the Carlisle Staff, requesting splits in our class. They responded quickly noting that our concern "... has been placed in the Ford file for the new planner."

Having only one class for Lincoln Mark VII 1984-1992 S/M does NOT promote competition or originality or creativenes. Stock and Modified and Special Edition and Aftermarket should not have to compete with each other in the same class.

True, the Lincoln Mark VII was only produced for nine years, but the final product came in a BUNCH of flavors with:

six factory models,
Base
Bill Blass
Gianni Versace
LSC
Special Edition (no chrome)
Turbodiesel

three aftermarket models,
Convertible
GTC
Roadster

four different engines,
115 hp L Turbodiesel
140 hp F
200 hp M (1986-1987)
225 hp M (1988-1992)

and a list of standard and optional equipment that continues to surpass cars manufactured today. If you own a Lincoln Mark VII of any year, make, model, quality, or quantity, I'd like to hear from you directly or in this Forum.

Thank you and here's to a fun 2006 season!

John "OldSchool" Dancy

If I have inappropriately posted a Lincoln related topic that occurs in the NORTHEAST on a Lincoln-based board for NORTHEAST ENTHUSIASTS, then I apologize for my indescretion. My apologies to all who are offended.

FWIW, if you haven't already heard, there are TWO meets scheduled for that same day, y'all may want to consider combining your efforts into one venue, but that's just my .02

It's all about the cars everyone.

Where is the other meet on October 8th? I missed that, I'd like to combine if I can.

brentalan said:
Where is the other meet on October 8th? I missed that, I'd like to combine if I can.

Hope this works:

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002995

Wick Plaza Route 1
Edison, NJ
Homestyle Buffet Parking Lot 9:00 AM - 1:00

I'm hoping out of friendship, club loyalty and comraderie with the other boards (yes, I posted for a combined meet) we'll get a great turnout! Hope to see a full parking lot with nothing but Lincolns and Caddies! (NELCE) Posted to LoL, FvC, GMN, NELCE, *** and LTC.

Directions from Delaware and Maryland:

I-95 N toward NEW YORK

Merge onto I-295 N toward NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE/DEL MEM BR/NJ-NY

I-295 N becomes NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N

Merge onto NJ-18 N via EXIT 9 toward US-1/NEW BRUNSWICK/PRINCETON/TRENTON/TOWER CENTER BLVD.

Merge onto US-1 N toward NEWARK. 2.2 miles

End at 561 Us Highway 1, Wick Shopping Plaza, Edison, NJ 08817-4400 US

Look for Homestyle Buffet Restaurant

Directions from Southern NJ:

I-95 N toward NEW YORK

Merge onto I-295 N toward NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE/DEL MEM BR/NJ-NY

I-295 N becomes NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N

Merge onto NJ-18 N via EXIT 9 toward US-1/NEW BRUNSWICK/PRINCETON/TRENTON/TOWER CENTER BLVD.

Merge onto US-1 N toward NEWARK. 2.2 miles

Look for Homestyle Buffet Restaurant

Directions from PA:

I-95 N to Street Road Exit

Left onto Street Road Rt. 132 (West)

Follow to US-1 N/LINCOLN HWY toward MORRISVILLE (2 miles You will pass Holiday in on right before exit)

Merge onto PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE E/I-276 E toward NEW JERSEY/EXITS 29 - 30

PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE E/I-276 E becomes NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE EXT

Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N via the exit on the LEFT toward NEW YORK

Merge onto NJ-18 N via EXIT 9 toward US-1/NEW BRUNSWICK/PRINCETON/TRENTON/TOWER CENTER BLVD

Merge onto US-1 N toward NEWARK. 2.2 miles Map

Directiond from New York and Northern NJ:

New Jersey Tpke., Exit 10 to 287, north to

Rt. 1 S. - or - Newark Airport: Trnpk.

south to Exit 10 to 287, north to Rt. 1 S.

- or - Garden State Pkwy. (North or South),

Exit 130 to Rt. 1S. - or - New York, Staten

Island, Brooklyn, Outerbridge Crossing,

to Rt. 440 to 287, north to Rt. 1 S.

This meet has been posted on some other Lincoln boards, I chose this thread because it was easy to find.

Ok thanks. The reason I was setting up a meet up in Massachussetts is because LVC has not had a northeast meet yet in New England. LVC has a lot of members up there that are clamoring for a meet. It's too bad the other clubs had something on the same day but I do not want to let the guys in Mass. down by cancelling and moving. They have travelled to our meets in Edison and even South Jersey at Geno's place so I want to give them a chance to have something in their backyard. Thanks again for the heads up though!

And since this thread is about Carlisle anyway, yes, I will DEFINITELY be at Carlisle in '06. I hope many from the LVC Northeast chapter can make it too.

It def. was last year, and I agree about the problems in the Mark VII class. I don't have a VII, I have an VIII, but I can call the folks at Carlisle and ask about the VIIs being split up. Oldschools 14k cream puff should not be going against fully restored and modded cars. It's just wrong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back