Ford ESP warranty question

mastan

LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my LS 2.5 years ago, I purchased the ESP warranty from the dealer and it's been money well spent. My warranty will be running out soon, so I talked to them about renewing it. I got a quote from Lombard Ford down in Florida of around $1850 for a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty. I took the quote to my dealer here in Cleveland, and he said that they couldn't touch it and the best they could do was 2,300 for the same coverage. He insinuated that maybe it wasn't a "real" ESP warranty. So, my question is has anyone here purchased this warranty from Lombard?

There's a Lincoln dealer in Texas that sells the ESP for cheap. The name Johnson or something like that comes to mind.....

Yea I live in Illinois and when I bought my esp years ago it was from a dealer in Maine. I printed out all the info to make sure my local dealer would service my car under this warranty and it was fine. I've never herd of a fake esp. Just that there are different coverage levels.

also what type of coverage are you gettings is it the premium care or just powertrain. we also need year/model/miles

It's an 04 V6. It will have 86,000 miles at the renewal time. Premium care with $50 deductible.

Oh crap I forgot the name of the guy who posted here long ago that he sells the warranties. He was out of MA I think. I initially paid $1300 from the dealer for my ESP, for 3 years more. Then I renewed almost two years ago for 3 yr 20k miles, only $1300. Your price sounds awful.

Edited to add I have the $100 deductible and the 500 part/max PremiumCare coverage plan.

I wish I could remember the guys info. I believe he sold them for 3% over cost. Best car-related purchase I ever made. (thanks, you rickety LS!)

Members online

No members online now.
Back