For Sale: Lincoln LSx

I know it's a great engine but it belongs in GM vehicles. I have nothing against pushrods being an owner of a 72 chevelle with a SBC just saying it needs a Ford engine.

You mean how to make the electrics work? Good luck with that as all that information is proprietary and Ford won't be keen on releasing it (IIRC Tori reverse-engineers his tunes). Even then, the One Lap of America boys couldn't get the blown 4.6L Mustang engine to play with the LS system.

Hmmm, I think I would just try to build the 3.9 and try and get 60hp out of it and call it good. I just need to get the info on the rpm bench test and see about raising the limit.

Hmmm, I think I would just try to build the 3.9 and try and get 60hp out of it and call it good. I just need to get the info on the rpm bench test and see about raising the limit.

Too expensive.

Not much of it is shared with the other Jag engines.

My suggestion on modifying the Chevy LS engine to accept the sensors off the Lincoln's computer would be just as effective on any engine you wanted to stick in the car. The only limitation on what engine you stick in would be whether it will physically fit in the car.

The One Lap boys may have done what everyone else does, try to get the computer to play with the sensors that come on the engine they install instead of getting the car's existing sensors to play with the engine. It's easier to splice wiring and play with programming than to build adapters, bore holes or machine parts.

Has anyone tried getting the vin #? Carfax! We can see the # of owners there. (Sorry if this has been mentioned already)

Too expensive.

Not much of it is shared with the other Jag engines.

What is too expensive? $2000? $5000? It would be nice to know if the engine is over engineered like the MK IV Supra engines or near bullet proof like the Buick V6 to get an idea how far we can go. I wish it was built like the first SHO engine that was benched at 10,000 rpm. Then, the only issues would be, accesory drive, components, and feeding the thing.

The 2JZ-GTE isnt over engineered just well engineered.

Lsx

I owned the car. I bought it from Pinknuts and traded it to Jwall. The car handles and drives well under 60 mph. The driveshaft in the car was never right and the whole car would vibrate between 60 - 85 mph. Basically, if you wanted to HWY the car, it wasn't great. I replaced the entire exhaust system as well and installed the ported throttle body/cold air intake.

Additionally, the Cam in this car sounds great. However, it is a Cam designed for a lighter car with higher gears and makes a ton of power up top. The LSX needed a smaller, Tq friendly Cam. More money

Lastly, the lights, heat/ac did get annoying. The guages as well even though the owner after JWALL upgraded them. It was a really fun car to own/drive for the 2 months. I basically ran out of money to keep working on getting it right and came down on orders to Germany where I couldn't take it.

If you have the opportunity to see it, drive it, do it. It screams from 4500 RPM on and turns heads everywhere. Seriously, i couldnt go anywhere without someone approaching me to ask me what it was.

I owned the car. I bought it from Pinknuts and traded it to Jwall. The car handles and drives well under 60 mph. The driveshaft in the car was never right and the whole car would vibrate between 60 - 85 mph. Basically, if you wanted to HWY the car, it wasn't great. I replaced the entire exhaust system as well and installed the ported throttle body/cold air intake.

Additionally, the Cam in this car sounds great. However, it is a Cam designed for a lighter car with higher gears and makes a ton of power up top. The LSX needed a smaller, Tq friendly Cam. More money

Lastly, the lights, heat/ac did get annoying. The guages as well even though the owner after JWALL upgraded them. It was a really fun car to own/drive for the 2 months. I basically ran out of money to keep working on getting it right and came down on orders to Germany where I couldn't take it.

If you have the opportunity to see it, drive it, do it. It screams from 4500 RPM on and turns heads everywhere. Seriously, i couldnt go anywhere without someone approaching me to ask me what it was.

Thanks for taking the time to share that info!!

I'm willing to bet that a random ls'er put it on there as a joke.

where is it exactly, anybody know? i'd like to check it out if it's not being used as a parts car. it could def. start my collection

Where did you get the 2006 Bumper i want to put one on my 2003 Lincoln LS, about what did it cost to get it completely swapped and painted?

cuz he's new and doesn't know!
Thought someone else bought this car again.

Why this thread?

Might as well ask "how exactly is a rainbow made, how exactly does the sun set, how exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a plymouth work. It just does."

Where did you get the 2006 Bumper i want to put one on my 2003 Lincoln LS, about what did it cost to get it completely swapped and painted?

wrongthread.jpg

Members online

Back