For Sale: Lincoln LSx

you really think car manufacturers would have ignored the progress of technology in cars and that we would still have carburetors? unlikely..

look at all the tech that has been added that isn't required. the stereos, gps, surround sound, in dash hard drives. technology progresses, auto tech would have as well.

you really think car manufacturers would have ignored the progress of technology in cars and that we would still have carburetors? unlikely..

look at all the tech that has been added that isn't required. the stereos, gps, surround sound, in dash hard drives. technology progresses, auto tech would have as well.

I think we wouldn't have the technology we have in our cars until now. I think we would have been 10 to 15 years behind where we are today. CARB just lit a fire under their butts to get it moving along. I grew up in California and I remember when I was shopping for my Mustang in '88. 48 state cars didn't have the MAF in '87 but California cars did. There was no mandate in the 48 back then so, there was a reason. My '88 FZR had EXUP but the 48 state ones didn't. They did in '89 though.

I think we wouldn't have the technology we have in our cars until now. I think we would have been 10 to 15 years behind where we are today. CARB just lit a fire under their butts to get it moving along. I grew up in California and I remember when I was shopping for my Mustang in '88. 48 state cars didn't have the MAF in '87 but California cars did. There was no mandate in the 48 back then so, there was a reason. My '88 FZR had EXUP but the 48 state ones didn't. They did in '89 though.

I've lived here my whole life; with the exception of 5 years in SLC. I'll take the other 49 state's rules over The People's Republik any day. Our laws are draconian at best. Does the CARB really think that an aftermarket AIR intake has any affect on emissions? Why would your 1988 Mustang be required to meet 2012 emissions? Would it? COULD it? What about the pure crap we have as fuel? My mpg suffers considerably with it. Why did premium drop from 92 to 91 octane July of 2001? Their whole purpose is to drive you out of your car into their buses and trains! Try importing a car from another state. The 1986 Sable we brought back to this state was so clean the dude at the testing shop couldn't believe it! He said the air coming out was cleaner than the air going in. The CARB had NOTHING to do with that as it was a 49-state car. (BTW, there are 50 states, not 49).

So, just how tasty is the Kool-Aid anyway?

Well, I didn't include Hawaii in that. The manufacturers started making all cars California compliant years ago. I can't remember the last time I saw a vehicle that noted a difference. I am almost certain there has been no difference since before the 90s. That being said, I ran off-road exhaust and could pass emissions by just retarding the timing. That may have been unique to that engine though. Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player! You should be complaining about that damn vapor recovery system that makes you have to keep holding the nozzle instead of working that squeegie.

Anyway, sorry to hear you don't like Cali. I loved it and wish I could go back. Of course, I grew up in Dago which is quite different than the rest of the state.

.... You should be complaining about that damn vapor recovery system that makes you have to keep holding the nozzle instead of working that squeegie.

Anyway, sorry to hear you don't like Cali. I loved it and wish I could go back. Of course, I grew up in Dago which is quite different than the rest of the state.

They actually admitted that nozzle makes no appreciable difference so have eliminated the requirement for it's use.

You can have San Diego! Gas is ~$4.60, my electric bill is well over $120 normally (over $250 if I run it just a few days), house prices are outrageous, traffic is becoming L.A. like, with very few exceptions you can't converse with most restaurant staff..... I could go on and on.

The weather just isn't worth it, IMHO! I'll take real seasons over ours of summer, fire, rain and mudslides any day!

Man, every time I see this thread bumped, I expect to see someone else buying this car! Or maybe another classified ad, and I can get the car.....

some people are just looking for a toy. when they get bored of their toy, they move on.

I don't think many people would get bored of an LS pushing almost 400 rwhp that easy.

5 owners in the past year...something must be wrong.

i feel like im drunk looking at the slutty girl in the bar.... Hmmm, it'd be fun, but....

one more state over and i'll go look at it next time... Get a in depth report for everyone... Lee, down for a road trip in a few months

I don't think many people would get bored of an LS pushing almost 400 rwhp that easy.

5 owners in the past year...something must be wrong.

+1

A normal ls wouldn't get sold 5 times in a year, a slightly damaged ls wouldn't get sold 5 times in a year, but a 380rwhp ls with a lse bumper and sexy wheels does? There is something fishy here.

+1

A normal LS wouldn't get sold 5 times in a year, a slightly damaged LS wouldn't get sold 5 times in a year, but a 380rwhp LS with a LSE bumper and sexy wheels does? There is something fishy here.

I still maintain that most of the electrics don't work and that is what wears on the new owner. Full A/C or full heat (if I read the original post correctly)? Windows always up and won't work with the switch? ETC.....

I still maintain that most of the electrics don't work and that is what wears on the new owner. Full A/C or full heat (if I read the original post correctly)? Windows always up and won't work with the switch? ETC.....

That would be a big reason to turn me off. Nobody wants to ride in a jail cell.

there is a plethora of things that don't work. some not correctly, and many not at all.

its just a toy. its lacks in creature comfort and has been pieced together. i can see many people dumping it for a similarly powered ws6 or camaro or corvette or hell, even a mustang. you can get plenty of each car for that asking price. its not hard to imagine. and all those would have working climate control and windows.

this car isn't "normal" in any sense of the word.

besides, not many share in the enthusiasm of the LS as many people do here.
to others, its just a 400 hp four door. you can get that from lots of places, and again, with correctly functioning AC.

I would agree owners get tired of the lack of options... but i still imagine titling it is an issue....

Considering it's the same pictures, I doubt the car's sold even once. The owner's probably just running it in different areas when it doesn't sell.

possible... does sound like the same add over and over... I cant imagine it looks the same either

The money's way too much in my mind. For that kind of money I'd buy a '04 or '05 CTS-V and do pretty much everything better. I like our LS, but I wouldn't pay much more than 7 or 8K for any LS at this point.

Has anyone considered contacting the folks at Ford and asking for the necessary info for the LS?

Has anyone considered contacting the folks at Ford and asking for the necessary info for the LS?

You mean how to make the electrics work? Good luck with that as all that information is proprietary and Ford won't be keen on releasing it (IIRC Tori reverse-engineers his tunes). Even then, the One Lap of America boys couldn't get the blown 4.6L Mustang engine to play with the LS system.

I wouldn't think there would be any need to contact Ford. It would be far easier to retrofit the Ford sensors to the GM engine, either by modifying the block or making adapters to make the sensors fit in the engine. People anthropomorphise their cars, thinking that the computer actually knows what's going on, but the computer really doesn't know anything as it's just a simple counting device. All it's doing is making decisions according to its programming based on sensor inputs. It has no idea where those inputs come from or what is being done with its output, it's just making decisions based on electronic signals. Once the sensors were physically installed, you then just modify the program the same way you would if you were stroking and boring the existing LS engine. I mean, that's how I'd do this job if I were going to stick a Chevy LS engine into MY Lincoln. By modifying the engine to use the Ford sensors, the rest of the electronics would work correctly and future sensor replacement would be a remove and install thing.

The car would be much more attractive with all sensors working and an aviator block instead of the push rod block.

Being a Ford engine, an Aviator engine would likely be a better match as it already uses Ford sensors. I won't say anything about the "push rod block" crack, only because this is a Ford-centric site and I don't wish to start anything with anyone over it even though I could go on for days about what a great engine the LS series is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back