Fog lights

maxmk8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was using $40 fog lights from walmart, but i lend the car to my mother for one day since hers was in the shop and she managed to destroy one of em by putting it on a curb. I just recently installed a set of HIDs and i'm looking for a nice matching pair of fog lights. I will probably not get HID fog lights since they will run around $300 but are there any other for about $50-200 that would be bright enough to be noticed when they are on (can't say the same about my old fog lights).

I bought my PIAA's for something like $180. They're 85W and light up the road like it was daytime.
42588PIAA_002-med.jpg

One of my $40 ones has a crack in from when I fit it going into the driveway. Air bags had a leak. So, it took time to get fully inflatted. I didn't wait long enough. . . I like Piaa, thats what my headlight bulbs are and they look beautiful!

mdnitedrftr said:
I bought my PIAA's for something like $180. They're 85W and light up the road like it was daytime.
42588PIAA_002-med.jpg

What are your PIAA called???
And i guess i should rephrase it.... i'm looking for driving lights sine fog lights are useless.

jdlmkviii said:
Check out Ebay.... I've seen some HID foggers/driving lights for around $40

yep but usually those are "fake". I'm still looking around i think upwards of 200 is somewhat a lot for regular driving lights. But i'm still looking.

midnitdrfter,

The link you provided brought me to a page for oil filters.

Which PIAA's do you have?

mdnitedrftr said:
Yea, WTF, they changed the link :?

Anyway, they are PIAA's 60xt series, the super whites.

Thank you. It looks great!

Might I as how you went about mounting them? And do you have any trouble with the sides of the road not being lit up due to the grill? I have heard about other people having this problem after they mounted their lights behind the grill.

Ye_Lunatic said:
... And do you have any trouble with the sides of the road not being lit up due to the grill? I have heard about other people having this problem after they mounted their lights behind the grill.

I have a set of driving lights(Hella FF75) mounted behind the grill on my '93. You get a short range louvered appearance due to the slats in the grill obviously. Long range is not an issue.

Fog lamps are best for the side of the road illumination at short range. I would not put fog lamps behind the grill due to the louvered effect. Also, they would be too high IMHO.

Ye_Lunatic said:
Thank you. It looks great!

Might I as how you went about mounting them? And do you have any trouble with the sides of the road not being lit up due to the grill? I have heard about other people having this problem after they mounted their lights behind the grill.

The lights were made more for distance than the side illumintaion. As driller said, the grill gives the lights a louvered apperance.

Once I get my camera back, I can go take pics of how I mounted them. It was an easy install. :)

dave97LSC said:
check out the piaa 1100X
small and brite :cool:

Dave...those are the worst ones that PIAA makes....they allow water to infiltrate and cause the bulbs to burn out too quickly. I had them originally in my green Mark (bought them for my truck) and then went with the 'fake' ones that Jimmy posted from ebay. They are cheap and have the same output that the PIAA's do, and you can simply replace the bulbs with H3 bulbs vice the $40+ a clip bulbs from PIAA for the 1100x's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back