Fog Lights -WTF!!!!!!!!!

HOT ROD LCN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Somewhere, sometime , some scumbag Stole one of my fog lights. This happened within the last two days. The car has only been street legal for two weeks, so Ive only been driving locally ( didnt even get it inspected yet) someone stole one of my fog lights!!! most likely, right in front of my house!!! Very possibly, right on my driveway!!! if someone out there has an extra, maybe parting out a m7, please PM me. This is a charity case, any lincoln owner that could help. please do. The light has what lookes like a batman mask logo in the center, in black. forgive my ignorance, if these are special, or have a certain name, im unaware.
I have set a trap, parked the car facing the street on my driveway. Im half Sicilian, and am quick to judge-For a stupid light that didnt even work, Im ready to accuse some of my neighbors, and send a STRONG message to some who I suspect!
As a gentleman in my early 40s, im torn between keeping quiet, and taking the hit, to Turning my suburban neighborhood upside down, scouring the earth for this MF-

Don't go for an inspection with only one installed. I'm not sure about your neckof the woods, but here in MD they can fail you for having fog lights, but them not working.

Wow, that sux! But it's not worth getting into trouble over.
Install a motion activated light where you park or put it in your garage. That should help.

As for the lights, they're Marchal lights made in France and they are somewhat special. They were used on some early 80's mustangs as well. You can find a ton of em on ebay... But even used, they're not cheap.
http://motors.search.ebay.com/March...rgnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

WOW- I had no idea they were that expensive-Mine werent in great shape ( they didnt even work) so thats 1 good thing. I took the other one off and elect. taped the connectors. Im gonna roll like this for a while-I was at Home Depot this afternoon looking at motion sensors, Thanks Mike

JoshMcMadMac said:
Don't go for an inspection with only one installed. I'm not sure about your neckof the woods, but here in MD they can fail you for having fog lights, but them not working.
Off topic but relative:
in PA, my 1992 Sable wagon failed inspection because ONE of the decorative grill lights was burned out!

I removed ALL of them, told everyone that I could about the scumbag shop, and moved on.

Dude should remove the other foggie until he has a complete set.

This is America. Car thieves and the like should be hung.

OldSchool1 said:
Off topic but relative:
in PA, my 1992 Sable wagon failed inspection because ONE of the decorative grill lights was burned out!

I removed ALL of them, told everyone that I could about the scumbag shop, and moved on.

Dude should remove the other foggie until he has a complete set.

This is America. Car thieves and the like should be hung.

WHEN I TOOK MY CAR FOR THE INSPECTION THEY GAVE ME THE SONG AND DANCE ABOUT MY ONE BUSTED FOG LIGHT. I ASKED THEM WHAT IF I REMOVE THE LIGHTS ALL TOGETHER, HE SAID AS LONG AS THERE IS A SWITCH FOR THE LIGHTS IN THE CAR THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE LIGHTS AND THEY HAVE TO WORK. DUMBEST THING I EVER HEARD.

MARKED MAN said:
WHEN I TOOK MY CAR FOR THE INSPECTION THEY GAVE ME THE SONG AND DANCE ABOUT MY ONE BUSTED FOG LIGHT. I ASKED THEM WHAT IF I REMOVE THE LIGHTS ALL TOGETHER, HE SAID AS LONG AS THERE IS A SWITCH FOR THE LIGHTS IN THE CAR THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE LIGHTS AND THEY HAVE TO WORK. DUMBEST THING I EVER HEARD.
You have got to be kidding! :eek:
That should be something they can overlook if it's not a primary function. Sheese!
I'll bet those inspectors really get off on their power trips.

I feel priveliged to live in Florida... we have no inspections at all. Used to have emissions, but then they did away with it.

JoshMcMadMac said:
Pull the switch, too. It's a quick job. Toss some electrical tape over the hole, call it good.

that wasnt even the tip of the iceberg of all the things they found wrong with my car. after they finshed totaling up everything I was gonna have to pay about 3000.00 to fix everything they said was wrong. i think these inspectors see an older car come rollin up and dollar signs is what they see. i ended up just asking around a couple of my mechanic friends and got a friend of a friend that does inspections to pass the car for a few bucks. I've since fixed almost everything on the original list that the first inspector gave me:D those guys are pretty seedy.

I had someone break one of mine while i was in the movie theater one night. Why i do not know :confused: If you need one still i've got one you can have for 40 bucks + a few bucks for shipping. The only thing is the plug was cut by the person before me...which can easily be spliced back into your harness and no one will ever see it.

These lights are getting hard to come by..and selling like hotcakes on eBay. You can try there first..with a 3 and 5 days left i saw two auctions @ 40. Theres another set @ 100 with 3 days left and a set of New old Stock ones for 250 :eek:

Either way i got one if ya need it.

Here in NJ the inspection laws are insane!!! The old Gov- Whitman even tried at one time to make cars at a certain age-unable to be inspected-forcing people to buy newer cars!!!!! What a Kook!!!!
Not to mention we also pay one of the highest insurances in the country!

Ive chilled out-que sera sera-The mark actually doesnt look bad w/o the lights- and I wont replace them if I cant get at least the one on the cheap.

Thanks for everyones input on this especially Josh (always the one to bring up what i overlook) and Kris- who offered me reasonable used fogs- T

HOT ROD LCN said:
Here in NJ the inspection laws are insane!!! The old Gov- Whitman even tried at one time to make cars at a certain age-unable to be inspected-forcing people to buy newer cars!!!!! What a Kook!!!!
Not to mention we also pay one of the highest insurances in the country!

Ive chilled out-que sera sera-The mark actually doesnt look bad w/o the lights- and I wont replace them if I cant get at least the one on the cheap.

Thanks for everyones input on this especially Josh (always the one to bring up what i overlook) and Kris- who offered me reasonable used fogs- T

Thats why i pulled mine off. NJ inspection suckkkkkkkkkkks. No matter i get it done illegally now. I'm about ready to install the new ones with brackets i bought. :)

HOT ROD LCN said:
Here in NJ the inspection laws are insane!!! The old Gov- Whitman even tried at one time to make cars at a certain age-unable to be inspected-forcing people to buy newer cars!!!!!
Oh my God! "Heil Hitler!?" Don't vote for Whitman!!..

HOT ROD LCN said:
Did I mention? She now is the head of the EPA!!!

In a few more years you can get classic tags. (car is 20 i believe) MIGHT not need inspection for that. When the car is 25 you can slap antique tags and i know there is NO inspection necessary on "antique cars". (in new jersey)

Hurry up 2015. :cool:

Nice-

By the way, That anime Ford girl -its just wrong on so many levels bro-LOL !!!! -Im thinkin craaazy-

MARKED MAN said:
My attorney told me that I could publically say, "It is my experience that (insert underhanded SOB company here) lied to me when they told me that (insert underhanded SOB's quote here)."

Speaking from experience can HELP to avoid being suied for slander. Here in America though, anyone can sue anyone for anything at anytime. It all depends on who has the largest retainers on their attourneys.

I really despise crooks. There is so much money to be made in the automotive industry by providing decent, honest, service to Customers. Honest auto mechanics deserve $45.00 to $75.00 an hour for labor. Auto thieves of any nature deserve to hang by the neck until dead. Hang one or two in each state and watch the cheats and crooks and theives dissappear. Show me a politician that supports this and I'll show you a voter registration card with my name on it.

Sorry to rant but I really hate car thieves in any capacity.

In new jersey, any light that is on the vehicle has to work. You can have a switch for fog lights and no foglights, but if you have broken or non working lights, they gotta work.

Members online

Back