Fog Light Bulb Help

2004LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my fog lights with nicer (bright white) bulbs. I believe they are 9145...i cant seem to find any replacements...any suggestions and can the fog lights use another bulb number? I will be switching my low beams to hid (6000 or 8000K) soon so i would like a nice match for the fog lights.

Thanks

I think the 9005 bulb fits in the foglight socket as well. You might have better luck finding the color you want with that bulb

2003-2005 Lincoln LS
Low Beam = H11
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = 9145 (H10)

2004-2005 Lincoln LSE
Low Beam = H11
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = H11

Try LSKoncepts.com ===>

I bought sylvania ultras from advanced auto...in stock on the shelf...:)

If you need 9145's I have a set, 8,500K. I didnt realize there was two different numbers.

The '06 with HID is a 9005/H11 bulb
The '06 w/out HID is 9145/H10 bulb

I bought the H10's, and was pissed to find they didnt fit. Looked it up again found my error. Bought H11's but cant return the opend H10's. If you want to buy them, never used, I paid 12.99+9S&H=$22. PM me if you want them.

Here is the light bulb breakdown by year:

2000-2002 Lincoln LS
Low Beam = 9006
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = 9145 (aka H10)

2002 Lincoln LSE
Low Beam = 9006
High Beam = 9005

2003-2005 Lincoln LS
Low Beam = H11 (HID optional)
High Beam = 9005

2004-2005 Lincoln LSE
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = H11

2006 Lincoln LS
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = H11

I want to change my fog lights to match my HID headlights but I used Sylvania Silverstars in my previous car for both the headlights and fog lights and the fog lights popped ALL the time. Does this happen in the LS? I don't want to have to change the fog lights every 2-3 months as I did in my last car. Anyone have feedback on this?

Yes put 9005 in your foglights instead of 9145 and you will be much happier with the light output.

Thanks to Ricksta, go to www.cqlight.ca and get the 9005 6500 K and put them in your foglights, you will not be disappointed. Very bright white light.

I want to change my fog lights to match my HID headlights but I used Sylvania Silverstars in my previous car for both the headlights and fog lights and the fog lights popped ALL the time. Does this happen in the LS? I don't want to have to change the fog lights every 2-3 months as I did in my last car. Anyone have feedback on this?

Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs from LSKoncepts. Had mine in for a while now and not a problem.

9005 is the same fit as the 9145.

No, they arent. The pins are set wider apart on the 9145. I bought and tried to install the 9145's.

They are wrong. The 06 LS is basically a 04-05 LSE in disguise. The 06 LS has the round fog lights which uses the H11 bulb.

I now know this, found that out the hard way 3 months ago. Didnt know they were wrong when I bought the 9145/H10's :mad:

No, they arent. The pins are set wider apart on the 9145. I bought and tried to install the 9145's.

Yes, they are. I have used both on the same set of fogs with out troubles. If I cant find the Kelvin I like at the auto store. I use this as basically a cross reference in a way.

I'm not gonna argue or disagree, you may do this but it wouldnt work for me. I'm just saying this.

9145 is cross to H10
9005 is cross to H11

The H11's are on the left and the H10's(aka) 9145's on the right. pins are MUCH wider apart on H10/9145.

untitled.jpg

I'm not gonna argue or disagree, you may do this but it wouldnt work for me.

Neither am I but now I am curious to know what that is and why mine always have fit. You can search here if you will http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=34307&highlight=fog+lights and see that other do it but those two bulbs will not fit the and it seems pretty obvious.

Another, sorry I dont have a spare set of either size right now so I cant toss up a pic.http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=25223&highlight=fog+lights

I just put Silverstar 9145 STs in my fogs over the weekend. 2004 LS V8. I went to replace only the one that was burned out and the Solverstar was way whiter so I ended up replacing both of them. Very hard to find, though. I called around to about 5 parts stores before I finally found one at Checker Auto Parts. $20 per bulb.

Wow, everywhere I go including Wal-Mart and K-Mart all have Silverstars.

I even seen them at truck Stops and regular gas stations.

Silverstars are great for headlights but like I have said before, they popped all the time in my fog lights, I had them replaced by Silverstar under warranty like 3 times and gave up.

Devils advocate I guess but I put 9005 in my fogs and i got flashed constantly and pulled over once. The glare from them was too much for others I guess.
The 9005 is basically a fog light bulb without the little silver capping on the end to keep oncoming drivers from directly seeing the light filament I think.

Members online

No members online now.
Back