Fluid change?

LincolnLS_2013

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, I got a mobile mechanic who is going to change my fluids, but I got to provide the parts. Wondering if anyone knows what parts, fluids, and how much do I need for the following:

- oil change
- power steering fluid change
- coolant change
- transmission fluid change
- differential fluid change

LS V8 2002

All in the owner's manual.
If you're doing all that, then you should do the hydraulic fan system fluid too.
I bet he doesn't do the transmission, at least not correctly and completely, unless you have a lift at your house.

All in the owner's manual.
If you're doing all that, then you should do the hydraulic fan system fluid too.
I bet he doesn't do the transmission, at least not correctly and completely, unless you have a lift at your house.

Jackstands work. Not very comfortably..

Hey, I got a mobile mechanic who is going to change my fluids, but I got to provide the parts. Wondering if anyone knows what parts, fluids, and how much do I need for the following:

- oil change
- power steering fluid change
- coolant change
- transmission fluid change
- differential fluid change

LS V8 2002

Oil is easy. The transmission will require more work. You fill the trans from a plug bolt on the front of the trans. The coolant will also require work. The cooling system is air tight. You need to follow a specific procedure to correctly fill and bleed the cooling system (assuming your current plastic coolant components are without stress cracks, cooling plastics need to be replaced every 100k or so.)

These cars aren't typical maintanence. Be sure your mobile mechanic is familiar with the car before he proceeds to work on it or you will cause problems.

Damn, this thing has a lot of fluids lol. I'll look into it, hopefully it's not too much extra effort on mechanic's part.

We're paying to use his friend's garage + lift. He said we can do transmission by just draining it out. Said will need a new transmission filter & transmission oil pan gasket.

He said we can do transmission by just draining it out. Said will need a new transmission filter & transmission oil pan gasket.

That won't remove much fluid. You need a flush to change ALL the fluid.

Members online

No members online now.
Back