Flowmaster 40's and Magnaflow X pipe

Skidsmint

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I swapped out the stock H pipe and replaced with a Magnaflow X and also deleted the resonators. I love the new tone, it is higher pitched than the H pipe but still has some bass to it. It gives the exhaust a uniqueness compared to the deep Mustang like exhaust that a lot of people have. It's pretty quiet at idle but once you step into it, it'll growl. There is no drone at all at highway speeds and honestly you can barely hear it inside at 70mph. If you are looking for deep loud tones you won't want the X pipe. It is a lot quieter after installing the X. The video isn't the greatest because my camcorder doesn't pick up bass very well but it gives you an idea. Let me know what you think.

YouTube- 2006 Lincoln LS V-8 Flowmaster Delta 40 w/Magnaflow X pipe and resonator delete

Nice. So its quieter than when you had the resonators on? Does it have that rattle when you have 3/4+ throttle?

I got 2 I'll ship to someone for $150 and have never been installed. Have original boxes also, just don't have them pictured. PM me only if you want them. 2 1/2" in and out. Actual mufflers are pictured below. They are 40's

DSC01070.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

It's still louder then when I had the resonators on but it's quieter then when I took the resonators out and just had the H pipe. I had an obnoxious rattle between 2-3k after I deleted the resonators and since I have installed the X there is no rattle whatsoever and I love it. I wish my camcorder picked up better bass because the video doesn't do it justice at all. I think my next step will be high flo cats and then I'll be done with the exhaust. I have about 350.00 invested for the 2 Flowmasters, X pipe and installation, so not a bad deal if you ask me.

cool cool.That rattle was one of the reason a stuck the resonators back on. I'll be doing this in a few weeks after I get my hids.What site did you get the x pipe from?

I got 2 I'll ship to someone for $150 and have never been installed. Have original boxes also, just don't have them pictured. PM me only if you want them. 2 1/2" in and out. Actual mufflers are pictured below. They are 40's

DSC01070.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

I might be interested. Let me see what my financial situation is in a couple of weeks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back