First time Mark VIII owner from Kansas

Thanks!

Well I got in the car last night and it won't start. It has fuel in the fuel rail I can hear the pump prime but obviously has no spark. Crankshaft position sensor?

Thanks!

Well I got in the car last night and it won't start. It has fuel in the fuel rail I can hear the pump prime but obviously has no spark. Crankshaft position sensor?

Unplug the connector going to the CPS and plug it back in the next time you experience a no start condition and try to start it again. If it fires right up after that, it's the pigtail/connector going to the sensor. You can order one from your local auto store for less than $10

I did that and it fired right up. I put a new ford crank sensor in it and I'll go ahead and order a pig tail too

I did that and it fired right up. I put a new ford crank sensor in it and I'll go ahead and order a pig tail too

Awesome! The pigtail is a good move because that MAY still be your issue. Maybe just hang onto the pigtail as a "just in case". Glad ya narrowed it down. :)

Thanks for all the help guys I'm more of a carb kinda guy lol. Its been way too long since I was working on fuel injected stuff all day every day lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back