First time Mark VIII owner from Kansas

wenkeracing

LVC Member
Reaction score
My name is Matt and I've had way too many cars to count mostly mustangs but always had a soft spot for the mark VIII finally picked one up yesterday a 96 lsc black on black with 134k miles. It sits on coils has flowmasters on it but otherwise stock. It has an issue with the wipers they won't park and only have high no intermittent so any help on that is much appreciated. Now on with the pics. I'll get some more when I get s chance to clean it up qalittle bit

2013-01-26_18-03-58_365.jpg

2013-01-27_13-27-32_513.jpg

Welcome to lvc. Nice 1st gen lsc. Where did you pick that one up at, and where in Kansas do you live? If you need any parts let me know. I'm on the MO side in Grain Valley.

I'm 30 miles southwest of Wichita. Thanks guys I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to leave it alone and drive it or mod it if it is the second choice its getting c heads and boost among lots of other things lol

your wiper problem is your wiper motor, pretty easy fix. I had the same problem

:W
Welcome to LVC, nice looking '96; have you heard about '96 IMRC's?
:Bang

the 1996 pcm, the 2 imrc's and the VRCM are one year parts that sometimes go bad. keep an extra of each and you'll be good to go.

the deal with the IMRCs is this.

the 93-95 to IMRCs are all vacuum. the computer just commands the secondaries open and they go. no sensor to determine if they opened or not.

in 96, the added a sensor on top of the vacuum pot to make sure they opened, or the computer threw a code.

in 97-98, they just changed it entirely. with some cables and a control box and such.

the 93-95 IMRCs can be used on a 96, but you will get a check engine light. it is my understanding that this light can be defeated with a tuner like an xcal 3.

these one year oddities can be a pain at times, but you have a Black on Black 96 LSC. and in my opinion, that would make it totally worth it.

Ok I got 2 spare vacuum controllers with the car. So from my research the wipers not parking a wiper motor should fix it. Will the wiper motor also fix the wipers only having high?

wiper not parking should be motor.
full speed only, multifunction switch maybe? that's the thing you rotate to turn the wipers on and off. mine is sketchy. i only get about every other wiper speed.

Ok I guess I'll put a motor in it first and if that doesn't fix it I'll buy a multifunction switch.

Ok I guess I'll put a motor in it first and if that doesn't fix it I'll buy a multifunction switch. Thanks!

I guess I'll put a motor in it first and if that doesn't fix it I'll buy a multifunction switch

I guess I'll put a motor in it first since thats a known problem and if that doesn't totally fix it I'll put a multifunction switch in it too Thanks chris I appreciate the help

Glad to see you finally got one matt. You'll have to show it to me sometime. Enjoy that beast

Glad to see you finally got one matt. You'll have to show it to me sometime. Enjoy that beast

Thanks I still would've liked to had yours but oh well I'll just haave to find another one lol. My wife drove it and now she wants one too so I guess I'll be on the look out again!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments I will try and clean her up tomorrow and get some more pics posted

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!! Well it was cold as hell again here today so I guess I'll have to clean it up sunday and get some more pics. I've been looking at wheels here lately and I think I am going to buy some that fit the 4.25" bolt circle anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Members online

No members online now.
Back