first time ever wax, lol (pics)

rickztahone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
aight i know i probably made Pete cringe with that title, lol. i took a while cleaning this neglected car. i tried to take off the d@mn chrome pillars but when i tried i saw all the gunk left behind and i decided to keep them on until i had the funds to dechrome the whole car and paint it. the lines that look like scratches in the first pic are the reflection of wires on the ceiling of the garage. there are too many rock chips on the whole front end of my car that no matter how many times i wax the car will still be there. LA freeway's are a hazard! anyway, here are the pics. comments/bashing/suggestions are welcome...
P6271178.jpg

P6271180.jpg

P6271182.jpg

P6271186.jpg

P6271201.jpg

P6271205.jpg

P6271217.jpg

P6271221.jpg

P6271226.jpg

P6271234.jpg

P6271236.jpg

Looks nice and clean! What a reflection lol if you dont mind how much u pay for the grill assembly?

Looks nice and clean! What a reflection lol if you dont mind how much u pay for the grill assembly?

the top one is a trenz grille and already came on the car when i bought it but i've seen it over the years on ebay and such internet sites. i think they are in the $200 range or something. the bottom grille i custom made but it is really a half-a$$ed job with zip-ties. i will be removing the bottom grille when i paint the car and the top grille will be blacked out. thanks for the compliment.

Looks good from far away! I noticed some scuffs on the trunk but still lookin pretty good.

The chrome pillars go with your bling theme though. Best if they are on to balance it all out.

Looks really good. I need to polish/wax once i can afford some :[

Haha, I did cringe when I read the title.

Looks good! Honestly, the black/chrome combo looks great on your's. But all black would look better :D

Now for the important question... what did you use for wax?

That first shot is really cool :D

In my opinion keep the chrome!

Looks good from far away! I noticed some scuffs on the trunk but still lookin pretty good.

my co-workers make it their job to fill my car up with dings...the bastards! at my job we have to park in an underground parking structure and we have to leave the keys in the car to be moved by other workers. needless to say, sometimes they scratch/dent/crash very frequently. there is actually one scratch that was so deep it actually went straight to the metal.

The chrome pillars go with your bling theme though. Best if they are on to balance it all out.

Looks really good. I need to polish/wax once i can afford some :[

there will be no bling theme after the paint job so there will be nothing to balance anything out. i just got tired of seeing all the chrome. and it's not that expensive to wax your car, it's the time and effort that needs to be put into doing it that usually deters people from doing it, me included...that's the reason for the title, lol.

Haha, I did cringe when I read the title.

Looks good! Honestly, the black/chrome combo looks great on your's. But all black would look better :D

Now for the important question... what did you use for wax?

i can't wait till the blackout as well. the thing is that i've been saving up to do it for quite some time and every time i get close to doing it something comes up and i have to use that money. I was honestly going to get all the stuff you told me to get but when my wife happened to see the shopping cart she kinda flipped so i didn't get the products. i went to Autozone and picked up a detailer from Mothers to use with my clay bar. i also bought an orbital buffer. i also got the 3M wax that was supposedly going to remove scratches but i didn't really get those results. you guys have to keep in mind how beat up my paint really is. i have not had my car this shiny since i bought the d@mn car!
Hey man, looking good. I am glad you have plans to de-chrome. It will look sharper yet.

i concur
That first shot is really cool :D

In my opinion keep the chrome!

i would like to keep the chrome but i'm tired of the "bling" look like a fellow member previously labeled it. i want it to be more subtle and not "hey look at my car" kind of thing. once the blackout begins though i will go the full extent and do everything i possibly can. wheels (including lip)/calipers/all chrome/engine bay (currently red). i wish my interior was black though, does anyone know how i can dye the inside of the car black?

at my job we have to park in an underground parking structure and we have to leave the keys in the car to be moved by other workers.

I would have to work somewhere else or park down the street. NOBODY else drives my car! I DON'T valet park and cringe when the lot guy at the dealer drives my car.

Seems to me that your employer takes on some responsibility for damage when your co-workers are driving your car.

I would have to work somewhere else or park down the street. NOBODY else drives my car! I DON'T valet park and cringe when the lot guy at the dealer drives my car.

Seems to me that your employer takes on some responsibility for damage when your co-workers are driving your car.

trust me, i have told them plenty of times after someone scratched my car but since i couldn't prove it happened there they say it's no their problem. the sad part is that everyone accepts the fact that your car will get man-handled when someone else drives it. sometimes i drive around the parking lot for a long time looking for the "sweet-spot" parking spots that you do not block anyone and you don't have to leave your keys. those are rarely ever unoccupied and i've still gotten dings on my door from people opening their doors right next to my car. once i paint my car i think i will take my wife's car to work but then i'd have to leave her my car :eek: :eek: :eek:

+1. I even watch the tech drive my car up on the lift. I hate watching a stranger drive my car. I've let the girlfriend take it a few times. If we are taking 2 vehicles, a lot of times I will let her drive mine, so I can admire it from the driver's seat of another vehicle. I think I need professional help...

Whats The Color Of Your Interior? I Have Pearl White at the moment and Been wanting to go with a Black Color, but Afraid interior wont match the outside color..

Whats The Color Of Your Interior? I Have Pearl White at the moment and Been wanting to go with a Black Color, but Afraid interior wont match the outside color..

it's a tan color and my dash is a darker gray. at least if it was all dark gray then it would be fine but it isn't. if i go black i might get pulled over much more though since my tints would look darker and my car would be all blacked out, including tail lights since i plan to fully spray them as well

Members online

Back