First long trip in the '04 V8

CSS996

LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings all!

I purchased my red V8 Sport on May 22 of this year. I've been happily piling on the miles with only one issue so far. Occasionally the cruise will not engage the first couple attempts. Always works after a bit though. Haven't searched the forums for an answer to that yet...

But the reason I'm posting is that Last Sunday I drove the LS from Pueblo,CO to Grand Junction, CO and back in one day. That's nearly 12 hours of driving, over mountain passes, major highways, and roads that made me wish I was on a large displacement sport bike.

The car performed flawlessly, and returned an indicated average of 26.3 MPG for the more than 600 miles. The seats were comfy for the whole trip, and I was really glad to have a torquey V8 at my disposal.

I was moving my daughter into her dorm, and she was driving her over-packed '07 Suzuki SX4. The car wheezed up Monarch pass at 40mph. Disgraceful.

So there it is. A bit of praise for our beloved, underrated LS.

Great car!

Living in a mountainous area as I do, you appreciate the LS's torque, comfort and great handing in the twisties....fun time and really brings on the LS grin. That is GREAT mileage for mountain driving.

Thanks for posting that. It's good to have a few happy posts to try to balance out all the "my coils failed, my window regulator failed, there's no mods for this stupid car, etc, etc" posts :D

Thanks for posting that. It's good to have a few happy posts to try to balance out all the "my coils failed, my window regulator failed, there's no mods for this stupid car, etc, etc" posts :D

X infinity

I love driving my 02 LS V8 on long trips! The handling and comfort in the ride!

yea i made a 10 hour trip from pocatello ID to Sacramento CA at the beginning of the summer, i have to admit that i was kind of nervous that something would happen on the way but the car made it here flawlessy, the only scare was on the nevada stretch when we almost ran into a cow (we were driving at night) and even then i got to show off the LSs amazing handling and drifting abilities at 75+. haha. now we have to make the drive back in about 3 weeks and all i need to do is get some tires and we will be good to go.
BTW i found some dunlop sp signature sport tires on tire rack for $96 (245/35/20) anyone ever used these? sorry not meaning to thread jack

Members online

No members online now.
Back