First high-end wax purchase.

After doing some more reading this morning, I agree. Hand sanding seems to get a better finish, and I don't have to worry about the pigtails that often accompany machine sanding. I'm sure it's a learning curve with the machine, but I just don't want to deal with it.

I wish. I don't have the cashola right now.

I'm just knocking down some of the high spots in the orange peel. I'm not going for perfectly flat.

I wish. I don't have the cashola right now.

I'm just knocking down some of the high spots in the orange peel. I'm not going for perfectly flat.

What about that Highline for $200?

That's the one I'm going to get when I get one.

I don't see the point of a paint thickness gauge.... you can't feel taking off thousandths of an inch when you are power buffing....

They are more just to take before readings to make sure there is enough paint to buff some off. I don't ever read of people taking after measurements. Unless they are testing a polish specifically for clear coat removal.

That what I'm saying... if you are trying to remove imperfections from the clear either you have enough or you don't... measurements are irrelevant.

If you don't have enough there isn't :q:q:q:q you can do to fix a scratch so you will either need to add more clear or just live with it....

The pain gauge is a lot like the bore scope... it just is a time waste to confirm what you already know!

Well, it's more to make sure there is a safe amount of clear before you take a buffer to it. It would pay for itself after catching one very thin area with it, and saving you from paying for a panel respray.

Oh, and Kyle, I think I may be picking up the Highline sooner than I thought. The next 3 weekends are booked (after this one) for kitchen installs :D I get about 500 per install.

Well, it's more to make sure there is a safe amount of clear before you take a buffer to it. It would pay for itself after catching one very thin area with it, and saving you from paying for a panel respray.

Oh, and Kyle, I think I may be picking up the Highline sooner than I thought. The next 3 weekends are booked (after this one) for kitchen installs :D I get about 500 per install.

Niceeee. It's gotta be cool to have peace of mind when working on something.

Members online

No members online now.
Back