First high-end wax purchase.

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, the first one to break 100 per jar.

Dodo Juice - Supernatural 250ml
Signed by the owners of dodo juice, Dom and PJ.

This wax retails for 199.99 at www.autogeek.net

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

SN1.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

And, personalized by the owners of Dodo Juice, Dom and PJ:

IMG_5209.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

I didn't know this pot was so BIG. I mean, it's still 250ml, but look at the size of the pot compared to a CD:

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

I can't wait till I get to the point of "needing" that kind of wax. Your paint opened my mind up to what light color CAN look like!!

Pete uses Turtle Wax ICE, don't let him fool you. J/K, that container is killer.

hehe... no idea where they came up with the name. But the wax is excellent. Better be, for that price. I had the smaller jar, that came in a plastic container instead of the wooden one, but it didn't come with the refill offer. You can get this refilled for the mere price of 95 USD + shipping both to the UK and back. So probably 125 per refill.

I'm going to finally polish the swirls/scratches out of my car in a couple weeks when the girlfriend and kid go to Atlanta for a week. Then this wax will go on.

Ford nut, I had a 1 month old coat of this wax on my car at the meet. She was still shining good, no?

wow for 200 dlls the instructions must read:

Step 1. Place container on top of vehicle and leave overnight.

Step 2. Next Morning. Walla!!

Step 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 in 5 years.

Personally ive used Meguiars Gold Class and its been good. Need to clay soon though.

any good ideas on what to use to get scratches out of the car pete?

Pete.... you will be able to take that car a long long long way with some wet sanding, I couldn't believe those runs and orange peel!!

hehe... no idea where they came up with the name. But the wax is excellent. Better be, for that price. I had the smaller jar, that came in a plastic container instead of the wooden one, but it didn't come with the refill offer. You can get this refilled for the mere price of 95 USD + shipping both to the UK and back. So probably 125 per refill.

I'm going to finally polish the swirls/scratches out of my car in a couple weeks when the girlfriend and kid go to Atlanta for a week. Then this wax will go on.

Ford nut, I had a 1 month old coat of this wax on my car at the meet. She was still shining good, no?

Ya she was...love your car.

How many waxes do you think you will get out of that container?

They claim 25 applications out of the pot. So, 8 bucks a coat, if I were to have paid autogeek's high price for it. I got a good deal on it...

Plus, as of right now, there are only about 15 pots of this wax that have been personalized or autographed by the owners. Pretty sweet they did this for a few of us.

Frasch, yes, I know how to remove scratches. You would need a polish for that. A polish by definition is an abrasive used to remove a micro-thin layer of the paint. The goal is to remove just enough paint to remove the scratch/swirl marks.

For this, you would need a machine polisher. A good beginner machine is the Porter Cable 7424 random orbital polisher. This machine is not very powerful, but that's what makes it properly suited to a beginner. It's very difficult to burn through the clear with a PC.

I myself use a Makita 9227C rotary polisher, and sometimes use my PC to finish down if I'm having problems with hologramming.

After you select your machine, you would need polishes and pads. Both polishes and pads come in different grades of agressiveness. In theory, you would want to use the least aggressive method possible. So, start with a finishing polish on a finishing pad. If that doesn't work, use a finishing polish on a polishing pad. If that doesnt' give you the results, use a medium polish on a polishing pad, etc.

I have about a gallon of each of medium polish and finishing polish by Einszett. I could sell you some of each for pretty cheap. I only use about 4 oz of each polish per vehicle.

The thing is, you would probably need to invest in the machine (you can get a used PC for about $100), then pads are about 8-10 dollars each.

That's a very basic guideline to what you would need to remove the fine scratches in your paint.

Now, if you want a good product to just hide them, then you should get Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. You can buy it from www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk. While you are there, pick up some of their clay as well. Bilt Hamber is awesome stuff.

Check out this thread for pictures of what Bilt Hamber Auto Balm can do:

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/911fanatic-bilt-hamber-tag-team-8653.html

Oh, and shoot me a pm if you would like to talk detailing. Or start a new thread. it's WAY more in depth than what I touched on here.

Pete did you ever get around to fully correcting your car?

Starting the full correction on April 19th. The girlfriend and kid leave for a week to Atlanta then. I wouldn't be allowed to spend that much time in the garage if they were here.

I'm going to have to bust out the 2000 grit wet sanding for my back bumper. There is terrible peel back there. so bad in fact, it looks like they didnt even sand after the clear was sprayed.

And for the rest of the guys, this is a few pictures of the Supernatural wax right after I applied it:

IMG_4664-1.jpg

IMG_4670-1.jpg

IMG_4674-1.jpg

IMG_4676-1.jpg

IMG_4678-1.jpg

IMG_4680-1.jpg

IMG_4683-1.jpg

IMG_4686-1.jpg

SN9.jpg

SN1-1.jpg

Damn!!!!

I've been doing lots of research... expect to see a full paint renovation from me.... I'm talking everything....

Nice Pete,
I didn't think a wax would make that much of a Diff.

8 bucks a coat isnt that bad

OBTW what all that white $hit on the ground?

Thanks. yeah that's how I justified spending what I did. I worked it out to how much money per coat.

Oh, and that white stuff is the same sh*t I woke up to down in Minneapolis last Sunday morning :D

Good old Cabinet Corner. Between the pictures and waxing your car it isn't possible to have enough time for a job. I'll be watching you. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

hehe... most of those pictures were taken at work (obviously). Even the pictures of the wax itself were taken on a display right behind my desk.

Dude, I'm getting really excited to wetsand the LS in a couple weeks.

hehe... most of those pictures were taken at work (obviously). Even the pictures of the wax itself were taken on a display right behind my desk.

Dude, I'm getting really excited to wetsand the LS in a couple weeks.

Are you buying one of those little electric ones?

No, but I'd like to.. You are referring to the air sander though I believe. Mirka or something? something with a 3/32" throw if I were to get a machine.

It would be ideal, but I'm just going to hand sand it. I'm going to have a full week to do this.

Members online

Back