First 98 Mark Viii have a question.

wana461

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 98 mark viii lsc with just under 200,000km. The last owner says he blew something out of his abs pump. Wondering of there is a way to bypass this for now until I can buy a new pump? Any suggestions?

Pulled my new 98 back about 200km with my stock 2000 Ford Explorer Xls. That was fun lol

image-3311040780.jpg

image-2619522701.jpg

My friend you are a BEAST pulling that heavy U-haul trailer & that super heavy car with the Explorer... You are killing your transmission!

Oh, :Wto:V

It wasn't very good for my explorer but it pulled with no problem. I also had to lie about the vehicle to her the trailer. Only reason I didn't get the dolly is because they didn't have one available. And the mark viii pulling a mark viii is sick lol

The abs pump you should be able to get cheap... I think its mounted in the engine compartment near the fender well... nice color combo... I have a toreador red with prairie tan interior... throw a set of octi's on your car... It needs some chrome

The abs pump you should be able to get cheap... I think its mounted in the engine compartment near the fender well... nice color combo... I have a toreador red with prairie tan interior... throw a set of octi's on your car... It needs some chrome

Ya I found a few shouldn't have a problem getting one. And it's behind the driver side headlight.

As for chrome I'm not really big on it I have some plasti-dip ideas for the car tho. And a touch screen radio to throw in as well because they look amazing in this car

Gears are areways a great place to start when wanting an little more "Go Fast". Plenty of threads of first mods around here too once you finish the trim work and radio. We are all a bunch of picture whores so keep us updated on your progress!

Also Welcome to LVC! :)

Gears are areways a great place to start when wanting an little more "Go Fast". Plenty of threads of first mods around here too once you finish the trim work and radio. We are all a bunch of picture whores so keep us updated on your progress!

Also Welcome to LVC! :)

My goal is to make a bit faster yes but still keep decent fuel economy as I do a lot of driving for work. Might do a slight upgrade to the gears maybe put in 4:10s but not yet sure. My friend has also told me he is going to give me a shift kit he has aswell as a chip for Hp and fuel Econ.

As for the trim and radio, I already have the radio I'm putting into this car it is currently installed in my truck, so ill just be getting the wiring harness to install once I'm driving the car. And the plasti-dip ideas I have planned for it whenever I get around to doing it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Here's some pictures of my baby now before any work begins. This is one sexy looking car. So happy I went with this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-3344469970.jpg

image-3810800040.jpg

image-3646737568.jpg

image-266025881.jpg

image-633583208.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back