Finished my Chrome Slat Waterfall

h2osho

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well as a temporary look for a full chrome grille I bought the Chrome Slats off Ebay last week.($25) After some cleaning of the grille with alcohol I laid out the strips and grabbed a pair of scissors.

It's really an easy process. The chrome strips are similar to the roll of chrome tape you buy for door edging or trim work for vehicles. Simply size up which slat and cut the ends according to the angle of each grille slat.

I did remove the grille from the car to make the job easier.

I didn't get it PERFECT but pretty close. I like the look and for now it will do just fine.

LSgrille.jpg

Not bad at all!

That idea might work on my chrome surround 03 grille, the grey slats look like crud.

Scott, that looks like crap :N Thought you bought a McLaren Grille you were going to have chromed?

Joeychgo said:
Sharp - how about some closeups?

As you can see there are a few small gaps. But you can't really tell unless you're looking for something to be picky about.

slatcloseup2.jpg

slatcloseup3.jpg

slatcloseup4.jpg

mholhut said:
Scott, that looks like crap :N Thought you bought a McLaren Grille you were going to have chromed?

Yes my Gunfighter buddy I do have the McLaren grille that I am still planning on having chromed.

Playin wit dis one fer now.

nice job
do you have any scraps left over? could you take a pic of it so that i could see what it looks like. thanks

mcafferty said:
nice job
do you have any scraps left over? could you take a pic of it so that i could see what it looks like. thanks

Well yes I did have scraps left over and I almost snapped a picture of them. But I didn't. I felt it would be kinda like taking a picture of the placenta and not the baby itself. Hence I went with the final product instead.

Nothing but lots of little nobs and slanted chrome 1/4" pieces.

The front end does grab attention with all the chrome on a Slick Black Nose with bumper chrome....but then again each to his own.

So far so good. I'll reply as to it's integrity over the next few months.

Looks real nice, not bad for cheap stuff off E-Bay. Did you do the clear coat as well??? The instuctions tell you to do it, but I didn't do it on mine.

Fordman said:
Looks real nice, not bad for cheap stuff off E-Bay. Did you do the clear coat as well??? The instuctions tell you to do it, but I didn't do it on mine.

No clear coat used. I'll see how long this holds up. I tried to wiggle a few pieces today and they are on there pretty d*mn good.

i've had mine since last summer & they are all still on there. has been thru many washes, including SCRUBBING plastered on bugs off, and no scratches. i didnt use a clear coat on mine. none of them have come off in a year, and i paid only like $15 from a new seller off ebay and have been completely satisfied! you only put the one piece in the center, i put 2 pieces.... now i'm thinking it loks better w/only one... i dont know though, i didnt take any straight on pictures, this ones kinda angled, so its hard to compare... hmmm..
(damn file couldnt be small enough & its NOT UPLOADING!!! :Bang ) see my page for pics.... (link is in the sig)

i'd say its a VERY good upgrade & i dont regret spending that money for the addition.theres a guy at my work who has an 04 LS, (beige & not as sharp as mine, of course :N .) but i laughed when he asked me where i got my "new chrome grill" and how much i paid for it! :Beer

it looks very nice! keep up the nice lookin, cheap upgrades! :dancefool

Members online

No members online now.
Back