Finally more than just a slip.

I kinda figured it wasn't yours. It sounds like that guy(who evers exhaust noise it is) is having a hard time shifting on time.

While I agree...it is cool...I have one question...

How long before something gives running a 100 shot? If done properly...it won't be the engine. Trans...rear...what? The trans is already maxed out...and the IRS...?

Oh...and bummer the TBSS redlighted...it would have been a good race...lb for lb. As for the Firebird...I surely hope it was a modded V6. If it wasn't...even with the 2.12 60 foot...that was piss poor driving for a modded LSx.

-Pete
02LSE

iirc, 2000 ls8 has same rear end as ford f 150?
let me know if thats correct

I think the smart money's on the punkin. The tranny is close to it limits, but it has some headroom; supposedly, the S-Type R, which has essentially the same differential, plays electronic games with engine output to protect the rear end.

eastcoast27959 said:
iirc, 2000 ls8 has same rear end as ford f 150?
let me know if thats correct
AFAIK, the S-Type and DEW-98 T-Bird are the only cars that share the LS's differential.

VanDarela has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

-Whats Mods have you done to your 05 & would my 2000 be able to run same mods?

Macoffutt said:
-Whats Mods have you done to your 05 & would my 2000 be able to run same mods?

To the best of my knowledge I don't think there is anything you can do to the '03-'06 models that you can NOT do to the '00-'02 models. In fact, it is really the other way around. Up until recently I think the '03-'06 models had LESS aftermarket parts available than the '00-'02 models.

From the looks of it VanDerela has intake, exhaust (mufflers only - minimal HP gain), a 100 shot of n2o and I THINK the Xcall II although I'm not sure....

Van...I assume you are using the Xcal II...right?

Either way, all of those mods are available to the '00-'02 models.

The stock '05s come with 280HP so adding 100 shot of n2o, intake, exhaust, and the XCal II should put you around 400HP or slightly less being the 100 shot never really gives 100HP - more like 80-90HP...I think Van has a dyno video somewhere...if not here is an '05 on n2o although I'm not sure what the shot is:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/lincoln+ls/0/200e0e39-70ba-4dfc-934b-b168a15fbbf7.htm It puts down 322rwhp & 339rwtq

Either way a 13.3 is very solid IMO. I hope Quik's SC LS can put up numbers similar to this although you must remember Quik's SC LS is an '02 and only came with 252HP stock so actual HP of his will probably be around 370HP with Quik's other mods...landing the 1/4 mile around 13.5 or 13.6 maybe? Any words on this Quik?

Well - Dan and I have been chatting almost everyday starting back when he was just thinking about buying the N2O.... He has done a tremendous job.

I ran N2O for about a year on my LS - back when I use to 1/4 mile more than auto-cross.

Rocket and Dan have set the high-bar. I'm waiting for one of them to push into the high-12's or start using a 125 shot..... (crazy)

The pre-03's reacted much more favorably to bolt-ons like exhaust and intake - gaining more hp than 03+ simply because the 03+ was much better tuned and refined. So it may be entirely possible that the modded pre-03s and modded 03+ are not that much different in numbers once all the dust clears (28 hp ain't much to make up)

Once they have many runs at that level, then it should be safe for me to try it too - drop a pulley size and go up in boost. Since I ran a 100shot I felt that 100hp was a good target.

Tuning a car to run at WOT fast, then normally without the power adder - is a completely different animal than tuning for always having the power. You do not have to pass emissions for the 13secs you're on N2O, or worry about your idle. I feel comfortable that we should be able to get close.... Rocket and Dan haven't broke anything yet.....

So I'll try to chase them - have no idea how close I'll get - yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back