Finally Getting To 4-Valve setup in my TC

GoFar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Most of the repairs are done (driver fender, driver headlamp, and battery still needed), and now I'm looking for salvaged cars to swap engines with.

I've done some research and found that the 4-Valve DOHC engines are found in the Marauder and Aviator. I went to some salvage sites and found a very few Marauders (to be honest, I found one). Then I went to look at Aviators, and there were a lot, so I think I have my mind on buying a salvaged Aviator.

There are no reserve prices set (so you can buy it for $0; that I'm aware of anyways), and shipping is a sensible $300-$1,000. If I plan on following up on the setup, I need to know if there will be any fitting issues or complications since the Aviator is a 5-Speed Auto (I don't know if that makes any difference).

After I buy the [Aviator] and do the engine swaps, I'm going to sell the [Aviator] as parts to finish the repairs, so no worries about budget in relation to the repairs.

You may want to talk to this guy and compare notes:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=84489

He's doing the 4V swap (from a Mark VIII) into a 94 Towncar. I'm sure there will be some subtle differences between the engines and Towncars themselves, but it boils down to the same basic idea: putting a 4.6 DOHC into a Panther chassis.

BTW, I think it's an awesome idea. I thought about doing something like this several years ago, but never got around to it.

You could always snag a MarkVIII Teksid block and a set of C-heads from a 4V Navigator and build you own 4V motor!
What year is your TC?

-ryan s.

Mark VIII motor is going to be easier to find I imagine, I think preferably a 97-98 because the earlier engines have the tb in the rear. They are about $400 used around here. I may do an engine swap later if I decide to keep this car or if the engine craps out on me. With dual exhaust the mark viii was advertised to make 290hp/290tq. I used to own one with bolt ons and made 232whp/240wtq.

My buddy has a few Navigators with C-heads. I can snag a pair for you if you want.
-ryan s.

Members online

Back