finally did my brakes

nickandersonLS01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my brakes/rotors about an hour ago, got off work early so I decided to tackle it, and I changed the fuel filter. Snapped a couple pics.

S4021082.JPG

S4021083.JPG

S4021084.JPG

S4021085.JPG

S4021086.JPG

S4021087.JPG

It was raining here so my car was pretty dirty, once it clears up I plan on clay barring it + a nice detail. There's a few scratches that are bugging the :q:q:q:q of out me.

Yeah I have the caliper paint sitting next to me right now, it calls for 24 hours drying time, I'll be on the road at 5:30am tommorow, I'll probably do this tommorow after work and just not drive til Saturday. It's the G2 caliper paint from eBay, my buddy used it and it looks nice.

nice what color are you going to do them.....ill take a guess and say black or red. :D

any other plans for the car

Nice, I just did mine as well, i recommend doing the calipers black....

LSE_009.jpg

What kind of brakes did you get? I need to get mine done as well and I looked at LSK. EBC Sport Slotted Rotor Kit & the EBC Red Stuff Compound Brake Pads.

I couldn't wait for pads to come from online so I went to my local auto parts store(Bumper to Bumper). I ended up just getting some ceramic posi-quiets, I'm actually very suprised at how nice they are.

Yes, I have the G2 Black caliper paint.

As for future mods, I'm still waiting for my Mclaren grille to be shipped, should have been here by now. I'm gonna clear the headlight corners this weekend when I do the calipers and I might paint the lower corners black, we'll see tho. When I do the Mclaren I'll probably have my bumper trim painted black. I'm going on vacation at the end of June, July and October so I won't have alot of cash for mods.

in the distant future: stainless brake lines, new wheels(19/18's), lowering springs, exhaust.

What kind of brakes did you get? I need to get mine done as well and I looked at LSK. EBC Sport Slotted Rotor Kit & the EBC Red Stuff Compound Brake Pads.

I got the rotors from eBay store "Rotorworks", they are VERY nice, and super fast shipping, they fit perfectly.

G2 paint is nice and easy to work with, thats what i used for mine, i got the red but thats because it stands out on my silver car. I do agree with black for yours tho. Youll love the look!

wwwweeez.jpg

i just ordered mu EBC dimpled/slotted rotors and satisfied pro ceramics, Cant wait! Any good or bad reveiws on the above?

I put EBC slotted and drilled rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads on my 03 LS. They look nice and seem to stop the car better than stock but there is an annoying metallic hissing sound coming from them. It's not noticeable with the windows up but it is with the sun roof open or with windows down. It's not a loud noise but is a bit annoying to me. EBC claims that is normal. As far as I'm concerned I don't really see much of a benefit over stock pads and rotors and I am considering taking them off my car. If anyone is interested in a slightly used set of EBC rotors and pads with about 1,000 miles on them I will consider selling them.

Hey Nick (or anyone else) how difficult would you rate changing rotors and pads, as well as painting the calipers.
I found a bunch or genreic how-tos online, is there anything specific to look out for on the LS?

how much for the above said rotors? and f and back or just front?

and like the above person said how difficult is it to do this for a noobie...

how much were the rotors / g2 paint on ebay? thanks...

Hey guys,

just wondering how those rotors are holding up. I have UUC cross drilled & slotted rotors on my CTS and they are great.

Looking to upgrade the LS brakes soon.

How much were they by the way?

two bolts to remove the caliper, two bolts to remove the caliper mounting bracket. The rotor just floats on the axle withsome snap rings.

It's not very hard at all, I did it by myself 4 hours total(including running to the store to buy a caliper tool) + 5 minutes of my brother pumping my brake pedal.

I got my rotors from eBay from Rotorworks, they were $150.

I put EBC slotted and drilled rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads on my 03 LS. They look nice and seem to stop the car better than stock but there is an annoying metallic hissing sound coming from them. It's not noticeable with the windows up but it is with the sun roof open or with windows down. It's not a loud noise but is a bit annoying to me. EBC claims that is normal. As far as I'm concerned I don't really see much of a benefit over stock pads and rotors and I am considering taking them off my car. If anyone is interested in a slightly used set of EBC rotors and pads with about 1,000 miles on them I will consider selling them.

My Ebc dimpled and slotted with satisfied Pro Stop V2 make no noice at all. Did you do a good break in? They only complaint is that I was hoping to get black zinc and got the gold.

well today I found out I have the black sealant, so no clear corners for me. I guess I'll have to stick with these for now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back