Finally... a real Test and Tune

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I spent the day at the track at a private rental I was invited to. These events are really cool, as you can get quite a few runs in the allotted time compared to the open for the public T&T where it seems 3 runs in 5 hours is the norm anymore.

The only downside was it was quite warm which meant no new best ETs, but the focus was feeling out the car with the new mods and trying different tactics for the best ET.

I conclusively determined a couple things, one of them being the cutouts seem to hurt the sixty foot times but help in the 1/4 mile - ET and mph.

And of curious note... when the low fuel warning comes on, I have about 2 good runs left in the car - after that it will start sputtering at the top end of the track. I wasn't sure what it was 'til I was back in the pits. With the car sitting at a slight incline, it started sputtering like mad. A quick look under the hood enlightened me to the low and fluctuating fuel pressure showing on the fuel pressure guage.

Anyways, the best of the day was a 13.66 @ 99.74. Out of a dozen runs, the car ran mostly 13.7s at 100 mph +/-, despite the density altitude starting at 1900 feet and climbing to over 2900 feet before the end of the day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back