Fiberglass sub box project.

RobbVII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I had an 8" sub layin around that I wasn't using. So, I figured it was time to order another one and put them to use. I have 1 10W3 JL sub in a tube box now, and it sounds great for me. I have built many systems that were big & loud, but now I'm getting older and I don't need that. In fact, my 1 10" sub takes up more room than like. That's why I decided to start this project. (that, and I was board) If this set up doesn't sound good when I'm done it will be sent packin. This is my first all fiberglass enclosure attempt. My plan is to tuck the subs out of the way as much as possible. Its going to go in the rear corner. Even though it covers the air ride door it easily, with a little pressure, slides right out. It holds in place nice and snug though, so it won't slide around.

allpix 726.jpg

allpix 732.jpg

allpix 731.jpg

20140106_164527.jpg

20140106_164512.jpg

More progress. Time to start with body filler and sanding.

20140106_174406.jpg

20140106_174409.jpg

20140108_232401.jpg

20140108_232626.jpg

20140108_232644.jpg

Thinkin about runnin one inverted to give me more box volume.

20140109_215637.jpg

20140109_215647 (1).jpg

Needs more port....but looks good none the less and those lanzars really get down for the price

I like the standard mount with the grills off look the best.

I really like the placement too, good job.

Needs more port....but looks good none the less and those lanzars really get down for the price

If he needs more he could just invert both of them if the rear sub will clear the trunk hinge. But yeah, those are good bang for yer buck subs.

I like the standard mount with the grills off look the best.

I really like the placement too, good job.

If he needs more he could just invert both of them if the rear sub will clear the trunk hinge. But yeah, those are good bang for yer buck subs.
Thank you.

Unfortunately the other sub just barely clears the hinge with the grill on so inverting it isn't an option.
I also prefer grills off but I use my trunk, and my wife will drive my car from time to time, and she will throw groceries in, that slide around. Thats why I bought what I think is a decent looking grill. Not just an old waffle grill.

You do some fine work. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Well... I didn't like how it looked after the bed liner coating dried so I did a BUNCH more sanding.

boxpix 063.jpg

boxpix 082.jpg

boxpix 083.jpg

Dam!....That looks excellent! nice work Robbie! How much time you have in that?
Thanx. Not sure. Haven't really kept track, but more than I originally thought. It's the 1st time ever doing a full fiberglass enclosure so I have learned a lot. I was tempted to do the same box, with 1 10" sub in it. I also tossed around making 2 separate enclosures, putting an 8" sub in each corner.

Man that looks so amazing. I lost track of your posts about this on Facebook, glad I caught up here on where you were at with it.

Great job.

very cool. i am rolling a single 15 right now, but i liked the sub in each corner pocket idea that was mentioned a lot. can't remember if that was here or on facebook.

Had a bit of a set back. I sanded it with 600 grit, so I could coat it again and really get that glass look. The second coat caused a reaction that caused the paint to wrinkle severely.:confused: So i just got done sanding the whole thing down again. I will repaint it tomorrow and hope it doesn't happen again. After I do some Google research about why this may have happened. :p

I think I'm going to make the port bigger and experiment with different lengths. Then I should be done.

20140120_163326.jpg

20140120_163334.jpg

Is it just sitting in there, or is it attached to anything?
It fits nice and snug in that corner. You have to put the front in first, then you have to shove the back into place with a good amount of force. Once it's in place, it won't go anywhere.

More cow bell! MORE COW BELL!!!

Ok, just more port. Project is officially done.

20140125_160923.jpg

20140125_160954.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back