Few Questions, Over heating again...What route do I go?

Joegr, I believe I found the steps. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s...c_cooling_fan_system_filling_and_bleeding.pdf

What is the tool he is using, can I get this at a store?

The vacuum pump, you can get anywhere, including Harbor Freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-69328.html

The hard part will be making some sort of adapter to seal it to the top of the reservoir. If you had a spare cap for the reservoir, you might be able to make one out it and some tubing adapters.

He said I might need to drive it more to get the air out... :Bang

Or toast the engine and destroy the pump (no lubrication when it is running dry)... (You need a new mechanic.)

Yeah tell me about it, I might have to take this stupid thing to an actual Lincoln dealer and have them bleed it? Is it pretty expensive to have done?

Yeah tell me about it, I might have to take this stupid thing to an actual Lincoln dealer and have them bleed it? Is it pretty expensive to have done?
It should just be the standard diagnostic charge or one hour of labor. Probably $100 to $200.

Took it back up there to him, printed off the steps and showed him that it says you have to do this in the workshop manual for the 02 ls. He said bring it back up here monday and they will do it free of charge.

Do you think putting a shop vac on top of the reservoir securely and tight would work? OR could it be too strong?

Also Joegr, you know at the bottom of the passenger side where you let all of the coolant out of the cooling system (degas bottle cooling system), I was tightening the hex bolt head and it snapped off but iI had it tightened enough and it doesn't leak out of it. How do I replace this part?

Took it back up there to him, printed off the steps and showed him that it says you have to do this in the workshop manual for the 02 ls. He said bring it back up here monday and they will do it free of charge.

Do you think putting a shop vac on top of the reservoir securely and tight would work? OR could it be too strong?

Also Joegr, you know at the bottom of the passenger side where you let all of the coolant out of the cooling system (degas bottle cooling system), I was tightening the hex bolt head and it snapped off but iI had it tightened enough and it doesn't leak out of it. How do I replace this part?

You nave to wait until Monday for their screw-up????? Don't drive it in the mean time!!

You're not talking about the radiator are you??? That would require a new radiator. Any pics???

Yeah... I'm not using them again. Really ridiculous. $300 for labor to put it in. I'm going broke lol. Here are some pics of what I was talking about. It broke off when I tightened it too tight. It's where all the coolant can be drained.

Shoot, with all the problems I'm having, I hope it helps someone out in the future..

10621086_10152236655406759_676203422_n.jpg10602851_10152236655721759_1908847796_n.jpg

10621086_10152236655406759_676203422_n.jpg

10602851_10152236655721759_1908847796_n.jpg

Why do people keep doing this. There's no reason at all to get it very tight. It just needs to be tight enough that it won't vibrate loose. The tightness does not effect the leak sealing. There's an o-ring for that. The plug just has to be screwed in far enough for the o-ring to be in the right place.

You might go to u-pull-it type junk yard and recover a drain plug from a radiator there.

Yah well, learned my lesson I guess. Theres no part you can order online? I need this to flush the system don't I?

Members online

Back