fastest production lincoln?

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the mark was the fastest in the 90's.......LS seems to be taking this decade....but what is the fastest lincoln ever produced. Also which model had the most horses? (If it's not the same car)

This is just something i've wondered since i had my 1st lincoln....with 140hp i think it may be the most sluggish.

Technically the SuperMark is the quickest and fastest production Lincoln. Other then that I would have to say the 93-95 Mark VIII's.

Hi All

Built for comfort not speed ;)

Conti2

Regards

Dereck

ONEBADMK8 said:
Technically the SuperMark is the quickest and fastest production Lincoln.

Really? If you consider one-offs, can you beat the top end of this Mark VIII ? :steering

You may have the quickest, I'm just not sure about the fastest. ;)

But mine is a true driveable production Mark VIII with cats and all, passed inspection and everything. That car would never and couldn't.

ONEBADMK8 said:
But mine is a true driveable production Mark VIII with cats and all, passed inspection and everything. That car would never and couldn't.

I agree with Geno!! on this one!! Wasn't the original 1993 Mark that averaged I think it was 181 mph in three passes. This is the one I want the article on!

This Mark I thought had to be close to street Legal. I know they took out items like extra seats to lighten it but other wise it was stock.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Technically the SuperMark is the quickest and fastest production Lincoln. Other then that I would have to say the 93-95 Mark VIII's.

so does the "1996's" fall under the "slower" viii's like the gen 2's?

i need to know before i buy.

if 96 is slower ,is it because of obd ii

mike

ONEBADMK8 said:

Actually, I read that the car(Hot Rod lake-bed cruiser) was recently sold to a gentleman who put it back on the street. I know for a fact it wont take Supermark...but just FYI...it's been "de-commishioned".

BTW, Super(aka Tasca)-Mark "was" a production mark...but it received some serious massaging, and is a "one off".

If you count that, then why cant we count "Animal Jim's" Black gen 1 pro-stocker? 7.20's at 197mph...I'd say its the fastest, and the quickest "one-off" Mark VIII...
http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/animal_jim.htm
animal_jim_side.jpg

animal_jim_rear.jpg

animal_jim_front.jpg

(bastard's got HID's too!)
Of All the Lincolns ever produced...I'd say a 1995 LSC would take the prize, as far as bone-stock, un-modified, mass-produced Lincolns.

The 75 Continental at a 17 something 1/4 mile and 0-60 in 9.7 secs was definitely not the fastest Lincoln of all time, but considering that the 75 Corvette only got to 60 about 8/10ths (or 4/5ths) of a second quicker, and that the Lincoln was a massive 5200 lbs with a not-aerodynamic body and a terrible suspension for anything other than a cloudy ride, and that in 1975, it was only about a second slower in the quarter than America's fastest car, then when you look at it that way, a 9.7-60 1975 Continental becomes DAMNED impressive! That'd be like the current Town Car doing a 12.5-13 sec quarter mile, which of course, it does not do (not factory anyway)

Members online

No members online now.
Back