Factory Alarm Going Off On Its Own??

Sikness

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2 days in a row my factory alarm has gone off on its own. the car is just sitting in the driveway with nobody around and it starts beeping. anyone have this happen or know why it does??

Because your pet fish is pressing the Panic feature on the FOB.

Other possibilities are:
1. A weak car battery.
2. A bad door, hood, or trunk switch. (Do you ever get trunk or door ajar messages when all are closed?) The hood switch is a bigger pain to figure out.
3. A bad electrical connection or wire, either open or short.
4. A failing electronic module.

I like the fish idea best.. I dont have anything pop up on the dash as open. I dont see why that would set off the alarm though. Battery is less than a year old. I will see if it happens again and start looking into it further.

...I dont see why that would set off the alarm though.

Isn't the purpose of the alarm to go off if someone gets into the car somehow?

The door, hood, and trunk switches are the only things that are supposed to set the alarm off (except for the panic button on the remote).
That's how factory alarms normally work. They detect that someone has opened a door or the trunk or the hood without unlocking the car or trunk with the key or the remote.

Some info...
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xj1a02.htm~gen~ref.htm

Because your pet fish is pressing the Panic feature on the FOB.

its probably the fish,
same thing happened to me, i just said the fish to stop.. problem solved.

Other possibilities are:
1. A weak car battery.
2. A bad door, hood, or trunk switch. (Do you ever get trunk or door ajar messages when all are closed?) The hood switch is a bigger pain to figure out.
3. A bad electrical connection or wire, either open or short.
4. A failing electronic module.

Most likely number 2

it was a common problem with the Taurus and Sable from 96-07 models, so I wouldnt be suprised if it affects other Ford/Lincoln vehicles

Most likely number 2

it was a common problem with the Taurus and Sable from 96-07 models, so I wouldnt be suprised if it affects other Ford/Lincoln vehicles

if it was a door/trunk trigger, it should show up in the message center while driving as having a door open

if it was a door/trunk trigger, it should show up in the message center while driving as having a door open

well it mostly happened with the hood on the Taurus and Sable, forgot to include that in my post

I would double check the hood... that does not show up in the message center would it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back