F-in Snow!!!

Blizzak!!! WS-60's or LM-22's

And I put about 280-300lbs of softener salt in my trunk; when springs comes, it just goes in the water softener!

Yeah yeah, I know... "YOU PUT SALT IN YOUR TRUNK!?!?" Yup... I do.

this is really not what i wanted to hear. im in the process of selling my firebird just so i can buy one of these thinking they would be better in the snow. anybody have experience with both of these cars?
I used to have a Trans-Am and the LS is much better in snow. It'll spin the back tires if you hit the gas but it sits in it's lane and corners pretty good.

Even with good all season tires and weight my T\A always wanted to spin itself around.

i mean i think its the tires that really matter the LS drives good

It is about tires and the LS does drive good, but not in the snow;) !

Actually the thing is ok when in motion. Mine never slides but feels sloppy, it just gets stuck when it sits or if its stopped sometimes.

It just snowed again last night and more is on the way. I cant honestly remember when this area had a real winter and the kids love it so I'm happy:D

Good snow tires, Blizzaks are good, I've been running Dunlops (I'm on my third set) for the last 6 years. They wear fast, figure 15,000 of good snow traction, so don't put them on until you need them. Once they have 15,000 they look good but traction is not what it should be.

With the snow I only once didn't make it to my destination. Up a steep winding hill (signs going the other way list 10% grade), snow higher than the hood and I was stopped at the steepest section. Spent the night in the car but the skiing in the morning was great.

if you look at the science of winter tires and all seasons.... there is only one choice. the rubber compound in all seasons lose traction below certain temps. Winter tires are made from a different compound all together designed to handle in COLD.... not just traction. and Toyo's winter tires whos namei cant think of has walnut pieces in it.... they work REAL WELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, all season is pretty pointless. Your either getting a tire that's gunna run down over the summer or a tire that's still gunna suck over the winter.

Blizzaks are overpriced for what they are. Get some good snow tires (or even all weather tires) and get them siped. Yes, SIPED.

That's all the Blizzaks are, siped "snow" tires.

well they also have special rubber compounds that perform better in freezing temperatures. DUH :D

I end up getting stuck leaving the bar watching the College V-ball games!! How gay!!

uhhh yea...gay..ill agree!

I have Yokohama Avid TRZ tires, they have the 2nd highest snow rating in there class on tire racks review. they have been great for me. aslong as im not an idiot i get around fine up to 5 inches of snow. had toyo proxy tires on it when i bought it, first snow and i got stuck, couldnt even mess around it was so bad. i gave her gas on a turn and did a 180 infront of everyone and then took about 2 minutes to get out of there way LOL

uhhh yea...gay..ill agree!

I have Yokohama Avid TRZ tires, they have the 2nd highest snow rating in there class on tire racks review. they have been great for me. aslong as im not an idiot i get around fine up to 5 inches of snow. had toyo proxy tires on it when i bought it, first snow and i got stuck, couldnt even mess around it was so bad. i gave her gas on a turn and did a 180 infront of everyone and then took about 2 minutes to get out of there way LOL

it was womens v-ball, didnt mean to make it sound like they were "gay" :rolleyes:

Who needs snow tire unless you live in the mountains..

Learn how to drive in snow... Nothing better than RWD...

Fun seeing all the FWD and 4x4 in the ditch as you drive past...

Who needs snow tire unless you live in the mountains..

Learn how to drive in snow... Nothing better than RWD...

Fun seeing all the FWD and 4x4 in the ditch as you drive past...

:lol:

Yes there are lots of bad drivers. But at a stop light on an incline on regular A/S or summer tires with ice under neath you and exterior temps below zero, you're probably not going anywhere when that light turns green. Even the best drivers cannot overcome physics :D

You need chains or similar for mountain snow storms. In fact, if it's snowy weather on some mountain passes, they won't let you through without chains.

Members online

Back