F-in Snow!!!

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well a day after I get my Lincoln it has to snow frickin 6 to 8 inches and I end up getting stuck leaving the bar watching the College V-ball games!! How gay!! Now Im almost regreting getting the lincoln til at least the summer... any suggestions on snow tires.. or at least good all season tires??

Thanks!!

Blizzaks! And dont use the traction control when trying to pull out. It just started to snow pretty good here this morning.

I love the snow, Im hoping in my Highlander and tearing around!

ya i took off the traction control right away.. didnt get no where with that!! ha..thanks for the info

Here's what I have:

Winterforce tires (they were less than half the price of Blizzak's, and they've performed fine for me)

Then, go to home depot and pick up 300 pounds of something to put in the trunk. I have 5 60 pound bags of Qwikrete in there now. That combined with the snow tires, and I get around just fine :D

I can't shell out the coin for two sets, so I got some Goodyear Eagle F1 all-season tires. They're listed as ultra-high performance all season. So far I like them a lot better than the OEM tires they replaced. A little road noise, but I just turn up the music. As for performance we've had a lot of snow around here lately, and they get me to work just fine every day.

Since I couldn't really either, I only have the winterforce's on the rear wheels. A/S up front.

It will help you a lot to put something heavy in the trunk.... although I would not recommend Quickcrete. It can get pretty messy if you puncture the bag.
Do you have any weights laying around (unused weight bench perhaps)?

Winter driving in the LS takes a little getting used to. I have been temporarily stuck twice.... while parked. First time; flat ground all iced over in the parking lot in front of my previous appartment - neighbor pushed me out. Second time; parked at Enterprise for a business trip. It rained that day and I parked in the grass. Wheels sank slightly in the wet ground. Came back 2 days later and the ground was frozen. Needless to say it was tough to get out of the divot made by my rear tires. Some kitty litter and the kindness of a stranger got me out of that one.... good thing too cause it was after hours and I already dropped the keys to the rental in the drop box.

No problems driving around on the stuff with my Bridgestone all season tires. I'd buy another set for sure.

Probably right about the mess if the bags break or something. Price was my main concern at the time. I didn't care what it was, as long as it was heavy and didn't roll around on me :D

Here's what I have:

Winterforce tires (they were less than half the price of Blizzak's, and they've performed fine for me)

Then, go to home depot and pick up 300 pounds of something to put in the trunk. I have 5 60 pound bags of Qwikrete in there now. That combined with the snow tires, and I get around just fine :D

+1

Put enough weight in the trunk and you get a nice lowered look too :lol:

it just snowed 6"+ last night, and they dont ever plow the road outside of town (which of course is where i live) the weight helps a little, but it was making my car sit lower and actually made it get stuck eaiser. so i bought a set of little rubber blocks from autozone to spread the springs out just a little bit.

the biggest problem i have is it gets very drifty out by my house and you can be driving thru 3" of snow then all of the sudden there is a 40' section of 8" or higher snow, i had to get pulled out of drifts twice this mourning, the second time was a little funny, like my own version of the little engine that could. so of course the next truck to come by was an escape with a brushguard (btw who drives an escape and carries tow straps with them? if it wasnt flat ground what is he going to pull out?) i have been playing around with the idea of putting a small loop on the front and back just for this type of thing, is there any place strong enough and low enough to not destroy the bumper?

I put 4 50lb bags of landscaping rocks in the trunk.
I'll just add them to my gardens in the spring.

yeah tell me about it my tires suck!!!! i have Falken Ziex ZE-912 and there not really good at all on snow...lol

yeah pretty fun today. It was pretty hairy at times. I almost got stuck going up an incline - I was going sideways for a little bit there, (into to the other lane-). Speaking of which do you guys suggest turning the traction control off when you start to go sideways? (I mean when you're at the point where you're almost not moving). I kept it on and applied power, got out if it.
The traction control also started acting up, when at a full stop it would blink the traction control and advance track light and "check advance trak" it went away.
Could have been worse I did see a BMW 5 and a CTS not moving at all- both on top of inclines. I passed the CTS got some sideways action and powered out :)
I'm going to put some rocks in the back tom.

Here's what I have:

+2...Winterforces are great tires, I'm going to go drive in some snow now!

I had the fun of driving in about a foot of snow yesterday. Came out of work to find snow from the top of the windshield slanting to the grille. The plow had piled snow all around my car. I grabbed the folding shovel I keep in the trunk and dug out, and three co-worker's helped push the car out.

Once I got out, the LS did pretty good. I've got about 150 pounds of sand tubes in the trunk, and new Cooper Zeon A/S tires.

this is really not what i wanted to hear. im in the process of selling my firebird just so i can buy one of these thinking they would be better in the snow. anybody have experience with both of these cars?

im kind of scared now. im in the process of selling my firebird and getting an ls just because i thought these would be better in the snow. anybody have experience with both cars that could help me out? thanks

aFRIEND HAS BLIZZAKS IN THE BACK OF HIS MARQUIS(sry caps) And it was unbeleivable some of the moves he's was doing and still maintaning the car. I was scared sh!tless cause theres no way in hell i'd get away with that in my marquis or mark even with weight in the trunk.

My LS drives as good in winter as in summer... Dunno why are you guys makin it look so hard???

Members online

Back