Exhaust

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
looking to order my full exhaust set up tonight..

set up will include,
x pipe
mufflers
tips
high flow cats
maybe new 2.5" pipes

ive been wondering if it is worth upgrading the pipes to 2.5" to be honest i just want some input.

advantages if any?
disadvantages if any?

thank for your time

hey makes no sense to upgrade the exhaust without the intake...

For as much as you will spend on all the parts, then installation, it will probably be cheaper just to buy a Magnaflow catback. The high-flow cats will most likely not be worth it, either.

On Magnaflows site the high flow cats MSRP is nuts.

thanks for the responses..

i have an after market intake.. one of my cats is out so im going to replace both with the same thing fastls has.. i will then sell my old cats and get about 120 for both.
to be honest i just want to know how the 2.5" will affect the hp/tq i know less restriction more hp but less torque?

what kind cats are they? and do they really make a difference?

I dont think it will really make much of a difference.

clogged cats would be the biggest restriction after the intake.

next restriction is the weird lookin halfass cat that comes before the resonators the H-pipe and then finally the mufflers.

cut all the crap out and weld in xpipe with straight pipes are you have a free flowing exhaust.

i dont want anything crazy loud.. im looking for a more "exotic" sound.. louder more v8 like.. but not straight pipes.. thats crazy talk..

why the high flow cats? becuase they are cheap and according to fast they work!

i dont want anything crazy loud.. im looking for a more "exotic" sound.. louder more v8 like.. but not straight pipes.. thats crazy talk..

why the high flow cats? becuase they are cheap and according to fast they work!

straight pipes in place of the resonators going into the mufflers. thats what i have.

I have oem cats.

intake - cats - xpipe - straight pipes - mufflers.

stock is:

airbox - cats - hpipe - resonators - mufflers

I dunno if you want my sound...but its a cross between and stang and a euro V8 sound.

For as much as you will spend on all the parts, then installation, it will probably be cheaper just to buy a Magnaflow catback. The high-flow cats will most likely not be worth it, either.

Past experiance... The Hi-Flow cats WILL be worth it!
Just my 2 cents

Members online

Back