exhaust tips

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i have the v8 and am looking for some tips not the whole system just tips to show the dual. can someone help me out and tell me where to get some

itsnotmydaddys said:
i have the v8 and am looking for some tips not the whole system just tips to show the dual. can someone help me out and tell me where to get some

welder, sawzall, $20 for tips, and a razor gave me this...

tips.jpg

probably be cheapest to get it from a local muffler shop unless you know how to weld. it was kinda a pain for me because when i did my tips i didn't have access to a lift so i was welding on my back trying to get a good seal. But a small muffler shop shouldn't charge more then $40

I went to my local meinke shop - I put in 2.5" pipes, a magnafloe x-pipe, cut out the resonators, flowmaster 40s, and magnaflow double-rolled quad slant cut tips.... $630

I went with a M3 look ...

registry.svc.getobject.asp

Quick LS do you like your setup? Do you think it performs better than a normal magnaflow cat back setup? How does it sound with the flowmaster mufflers and mag tips? I was thinking about copying ur setup at my local shop on my 02v6. Sorry for all the questions but your LS is fierce.

ABDUCT0R said:
Quick LS do you like your setup? Do you think it performs better than a normal magnaflow cat back setup? How does it sound with the flowmaster mufflers and mag tips? I was thinking about copying ur setup at my local shop on my 02v6. Sorry for all the questions but your LS is fierce.

Not sure about better performance.

My set was less expensive than most cat-back systems and I wanted the Magnaflow quad tips which are the big cost in the setup.

The Flowmasters are a 'bit' load - maybe too load for some. My LS sounds pretty agressive.

I would do it again.

isn't the stock piping 2.5?

I was also wanting to do something similar to yours Quick, but plan on keeping the stock tips.

Quik LS said:

My set was less expensive than most cat-back systems and I wanted the Magnaflow quad tips which are the big cost in the setup.

The Flowmasters are a 'bit' loud - maybe too loud for some. My LS sounds pretty agressive.

I would do it again.

FIXED!! baaaad speeling.

I believe on the 00-02 LS it was 2.25" piping.

on the 03+ it is 2.5" - The 03+ had alot of work done on their stock exhaust and many of the aftermarket company could not actually improve on the performance much - that's why you will not see many options for 03+ LSes.

I'm not too worried about gaining some performance, I mainly want it louder.

Would I be ok keeping the stock piping, removing the resonator, and replacing the muffler?

Should I still add an X-pipe to that?

cool - I believe magnaflow was only able to get an additional 5hp out of their system - which couldn't justify the 700+ price.

removing the resonator and replacing the mufflers will get the sound you want.

the x-pipe helps performance at the higher rpms. It may be worth throwing it in where the resonators were... I think it was a $50-ish piece.

Great! Thanks for the info. This is one of the major mods I've wanted to do but have held off due to not have $600.

I'll check out some local places and see what kind of a deal I can get.

Quik LS said:
cool - I believe magnaflow was only able to get an additional 5hp out of their system - which couldn't justify the 700+ price.

removing the resonator and replacing the mufflers will get the sound you want.

the x-pipe helps performance at the higher rpms. It may be worth throwing it in where the resonators were... I think it was a $50-ish piece.

I disagree, i removed my resonators and installed magnaflow mufflers and it sounds barely louder then stock. I think most of the sound muffled is due to all the bends in the stock 2.25" piping. It definately is not the cats, when i removed my resonators to install a strait pipe i ran it from the cats before welding it on just to see if it was the cats that was doing all the muffling and oh boy it wasn't. It sounded like a helicopter but then again i tested it in a garage but it was seriously loud. I am not happy with my setup so i think i am going to run 2.5" piping from my cats strait to the back without mufflers. After that if its too loud then i will cut some pipe off and weld on the mufflers.

remember - he's talking about an 03 LS.

and the magnaflows are definately quiter than the flowmasters.

I am definitely not worried about it being too loud. On my truck I had cutout left open all the time, glasspack, the turndowns. It was loud and I was still looking for anotehr way to add to it.

Quik LS said:

The Flowmasters are a 'bit' load - maybe too load for some. My LS sounds pretty agressive.

I would do it again.

How much was the system without the Magnaflow tips? I like the LSE oval tips, and was thinking of putting those on, but realized that the LS has downturned "tips" (if you can call them that). So new mufflers will probably be added as well.

Black03 said:
I am definitely not worried about it being too loud. On my truck I had cutout left open all the time, glasspack, the turndowns. It was loud and I was still looking for anotehr way to add to it.
Maybe instead of mufflers you should be looking at loudeners.

my setup - with the new 2.5" tubing, magnaflow x-pipe, flowmaster 40 mufflers and the quad magnaflow tips ran about $600 installed.

hey all. today i went to my local performance custom exhaust store. i was looking to slap on some flowmaster 40's and magnaflow tips, i cant put on duals cuz the guy doesnt want to do any cutting to the rear. but anyway the guy is asking 400 for the job. i've been reading what others have paid and the price the guy gave me seems a bit high. im just looking for a nice aggressive sound. suggestions? thanks a lot.

400 thats rediculous, u could spent another 100 and get a magnaflow. or go on ebay and find em. theyre like 60 bucks, and go to midas. they said 8- bucks to put em on mine

Members online

No members online now.
Back