Exhaust setup question

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
I am thinking about running a single 2in 2out magnaflow muffler in place of the resinator, and no mufflers out back. I have heard sound clips and it is the perfect sound I am looking for. Will adding an X-pipe before the muffler be benifical? Will it help to add backpreassure? Thanks

I am thinking about running a single 2in 2out magnaflow muffler in place of the resinator, and no mufflers out back. I have heard sound clips and it is the perfect sound I am looking for. Will adding an X-pipe before the muffler be benifical? Will it help to add backpreassure? Thanks

I have the dual in dual out magna flow with another x pipe in front of it and it netted me 7 lb/ft more across the whole rpm range and 12 lb/ft at peak, compared to with out it.

I've been thinking about a set up like that for some time for my next Mark VIII. Supposedly it is also supposed to help with interior resonance... just from what I've heard from a lot of mustang guys and a few instructors up here at school. IMHO, I also don't think I'll go with the whole double X pipe thing anymore... I didn't like the sound of it and I didn't think it helped at all with gas mileage or power. I think It's time to try something new (well to these cars at least).

Let us know how it goes!

when I had my new cat and mufflers put on. I spoke to the guy who is a friends friend ..... he told me, any car with a computer it doesnt help

I've been thinking about a set up like that for some time for my next Mark VIII. Supposedly it is also supposed to help with interior resonance... just from what I've heard from a lot of mustang guys and a few instructors up here at school. IMHO, I also don't think I'll go with the whole double X pipe thing anymore... I didn't like the sound of it and I didn't think it helped at all with gas mileage or power. I think It's time to try something new (well to these cars at least).

Let us know how it goes!

ANY system will free up the exhaust gasses and provide better mileage, saying the twin xx is not working and what not is a tall call without any evidence, testing or anything like.

As for the sound what mufflers were run with it? Sound is also a matter of opinion.

There are well over 400 plus very happy Mark VIII owners with our setup that report just the opposite of what your saying.

when I had my new cat and mufflers put on. I spoke to the guy who is a friends friend ..... he told me, any car with a computer it doesnt help

The whole true dual exhaust helps tremendeously. Mufflers will not really do anything but "maybe" add a small gain in mpg and a little noise.

The whole true dual exhaust helps tremendeously. Mufflers will not really do anything but "maybe" add a small gain in mpg and a little noise.

all I'm say is what the guy was telling me , when I asked about h pipe or x pipe .
He said " if I was just a guy off the street, and had ask to put on a H or X pipe, he'd do it and charge him but, he didn't want me to was my money"

I agree with Geno on this....

I own a "stock exausted" 94, and the 95 which has no cats and 2.5" mandrel exaust with magnaflows. There is a HUGE difference in engine response.

I hear x pipes make your exhaust raspy sounding, while h-pipes make it deep and rumble like...

im so going with the x pipes

ANY system will free up the exhaust gasses and provide better mileage, saying the twin xx is not working and what not is a tall call without any evidence, testing or anything like.

As for the sound what mufflers were run with it? Sound is also a matter of opinion.

There are well over 400 plus very happy Mark VIII owners with our setup that report just the opposite of what your saying.

Well true, I was just basing that off of just driving it around on the street and haven't actually done any real tests or anything on a dyno, also I personally like the real throaty straight pipe type of sound... Like you said, also just my opinion on it. Mufflers could have also had something to do with it, I got cheaper straight thru mufflers off of ebay. WOT, I thought it sounded pretty good but just driving around normally and on the highway I thought they sounded terrible.

Its times like this I wish my wife wouldn't have thrown my dyno sheets away. Double xx's definatly HELP with more torque ACROSS THE WHOLE RPM RANGE. IT HELPS WITH THE INTERIOR DRONE. IT HELPS IMPROVE GAS MILAGE. IT SHAVED 2 TENTHS OF MY 60FOOT TIME. AND ITS ALL BECAUSE I TRUSTED WHAT GENO SAID AND TOOK A CHANCE. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE GUY THAT WORKS ON MARKS FOR A LIVING WAS RIGHT... HUH IMAGINE THAT.

and as far as it not helping with cars with computers, go ask anyone with a hopped up mustang what they are running and 90% will tell you they are running x-pipes. and it must be because it doesn't help. I guess i better go out and take the x pipe off my old ladies car.:rolleyes:

I'm going to an other shop to have some chrome tipe welded on ....... I'll ask these guys what they know about x pipes .

100_2800.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2795.jpg

100_2793.jpg

100_2791.jpg

100_2790.jpg

Here ya go mang, I said i'd post some pictures in the PM I sent you. Let me know.

Mike

Is that a Magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler or universal cat?

looks like a muffler.

Ok I just got back form the muffler shop ..... this guy talked me out of chrome tips said they would be too hard to see ....

he said that with the x pipe, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference in power , but you mite see a little on a dyno

Money has been sent for the muffler, i dont need any of the other stuff, so if anyone wants it.......

pm me back about what i asked you about mike. Thanks bro.

Members online

No members online now.
Back