Exhaust questions

SleeperMark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i am finally doing my exhaust. (YAY) my "master plan" is to leave it stock up to the third cat and from there go with a single in and dual out Borla Pro XS muffler and run duals straight out to baffled Silverline tips. Anyone tried a setup like this? i want the throaty cobra sound but at a somewhat quiet level.
if this isnt a good combo how can i go about getting that sound?
-Thanks,
Tim

Dude run an X pipe after the two stock cats and call it a DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MUFFLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other way is completely dumb bro....

At Supercoupe they sell a Magnaflow resonator dual in and dual out in differant tube sizes. It has a internal X -pipe . Works very good and sound nice. Barely cost more than a X-pipe and works better. Or you can get a dual in and single out 3in.

well if you want loud go either with 1 x pipe or the magnaflow 2 in and 2 out no mufflers but the bad thing about the magnaflow is that if your car is lower like mine you could bottom out so the x pipE is the way TWO GO and it looks cleaner and you have the option off adding mufflers two it later on plus is like day and night the power is very noticeble lol

Dont get the Magnaflow x-pipe res. It sucks arse. Thin metal, cracks easy and the sound dampneng wears out fast and then it drones like a mofo.

I have a x-pipe now that feeds to a pair of Borla Pro XS mufflers and the car is fairly loud.

good ideas but i really cant stand it when exhaust is so loud that people roll up their windows when you drive by. i am looking for the "sleeper" exhaust. low rumble at idle and cruise but scream when your at WOT

good ideas but i really cant stand it when exhaust is so loud that people roll up their windows when you drive by. i am looking for the "sleeper" exhaust. low rumble at idle and cruise but scream when your at WOT
Its not that kind of loud and Sapperfire says its too quiet but I would like it a little quieter.

But thats with TWO Pro XS mufflers so a single one to pipes will be very loud. What I wish I would have done is instead of the x-pipe, put a Flowmaster dual in/out muffler in its place.

Anyway this is with the x-pipe and Borlas:

YouTube - Mark VIII with Borla exhaust

So far I like the sound and performance of the Magnaflow X-pipe resonator. I hope it dosen't give me problems in the future. It alone is a little loud. I was thinking of some small straight thru Borlas like on my Cobra in the back. The resonator also will help act like a driveshaft loop. I need to make a video to post. I think mine sounds better and cracks harder than yours Laser. But maybe the videos aren't as good as in person?

i heard a 96 cobra that sounded beautiful. it had 2 pro xs mufflers followed by an x pipe in the middle and straight all the way out the back. With the 96 cobra being the same engine as our marks would i be able to get a sililar sound with the mark if i had the exact same setup?

replace everything from the 1st cats back with 2.5"
replace the 3rd cat with a dynoflow with the internal x-pipe,
And then run the 2.5" pipe out the back.

It'll sound great.
Though, no longer a quite luxury car ride.

laser svt. i love it!!! if i do a magnaflow instead of the X-Pipe will i loose the throatyness? do you have all the cats still? and where is yout X-Pipe located? thanks

laser svt. i love it!!! if i do a magnaflow instead of the X-Pipe will i loose the throatyness? do you have all the cats still? and where is yout X-Pipe located? thanks
The magnaflow sounded the same as it does now. Still have the front cats. X pipe is where the third cat/resonator was.

sounds great man. that is EXACTLY the sound i wanted. are those just Borla Pro XS center in and out?

sounds great man. that is EXACTLY the sound i wanted. are those just Borla Pro XS center in and out?
Thanks! Yeah they are center in/out.

IMGP1065.jpg

Mustangs have their mufflers under the back seat. Our marks have them all the way out back. It will never sound like a Mustang. I hate the raspy 8's have due to muffler placement, but that's how it it.

I have used Dynomax Super turbos on my Mark VII and Mustang at some point, I have them on my 7 now. Its one of the quieter mufflers out there, but flows pretty good.

I think X pipe with mid muffler removed and Dynomax Super Turbos would give you a better flowing exhaust, with slight sound increase along with better flow.

Mustangs have their mufflers under the back seat. Our marks have them all the way out back. It will never sound like a Mustang. I hate the raspy 8's have due to muffler placement, but that's how it it.

Wow Dave this brings back fond memory's. There was a time I had a Black 88 LSC and a Pearl white 94 Mark VIII

You need to call Geno this one was one of his first exhaust complete and installed by him if im correct. the stuff his got now is much nicer lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back