exhaust question

00ls-sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
did these cars have any sort of tone when new. mine has 72k on it right now, and i cannot here anything. tomorrow, though, the whole system(everything after manifolds) replaced for free under warranty. was hopig it would have a little grunt. if not, at least it should run a little better and mpg may go up.

both the intake and exhaust were tuned to have little noise.

switching to an unrestricted intake and flowing exhaust makes all the difference.

intake was 13rwhp
exhaust was 11 rwhp

everytime I add hp I loose mpg..... ;)

but yes you should see an increase if you can keep your foot out of it.

haha I know what you mean its hard not to have fun in this car. But with gas at 2.35 I have to find something to help out

I was thinking about having a custom system made...I am taking it in to an exhaust shop next week because I have a leak in the front somewhere that is bothering the hell outta me...Do you think if I had them just cut the resonators out that would do anything?

not much. I have a custom system as well.

IMHO the gains are:
- freer flowing mufflers
- larger piping with less bends (and removing the resonators)
- x-pipe

the stock exhaust is made to flow a lot however, changing the whole thing is almost a waste of time....a lot of money for little gains
i put 2 flowmaster two chambers on a few weeks ago, and that made a huuuge difference, along with the kkm intake it screams when you get in it.

LS Gets U Wet said:
the stock exhaust is made to flow a lot however, changing the whole thing is almost a waste of time....a lot of money for little gains
i put 2 flowmaster two chambers on a few weeks ago, and that made a huuuge difference, along with the kkm intake it screams when you get in it.

This is true for 03+ LSes as the exhaust was re-tuned in 03. changing out the mufflers with give you the sound you want but not much hp gain.

The pre-03 LSes will gain more.

Members online

No members online now.
Back