Everyones Advice And 2 Cents!

Exactly what Im saying!

How are 20" rims ghetto? I guess different areas, different tastes right? Ghetto likes 20" rims, and Suburbs like what...19"?

Also Sn8kbordin, my reply was to his response, not his opinion. His opinion came second, which I appreciated. But when you come in and disrespect someone for their piece of mind, your in the wrong. Your correct, I asked for people's advice, not their remarks. You should read the quotes and come correct next time before you try and step into my conflict that was already resolved. And I wasn't flaming him, I was explaining my point of view of how I would like my car, why I would like my car that way, in a derogatory way. Flaming would be saying, he's a :q:q:q and he doesn't belong on this board if that's all he can come up with...or....your a bitch and you should get slapped for budding in someone else's business without reading the whole passage first. But no, no flames coming from me. Im just trying to keep it rated "G". Explaining my side of the story, if that's alright with you Officer Dick.

Jeez, have you used the internet before? lol You're gonna give yourself a heart attack if you react like that every little thing!

:leghumper

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

You are looking specifically for "classy". "Tasteful".

But you want your front doors to open upwards in a manner that ONLY exotic 2 door SPORT cars have.....but want the rear doors to open the regular, stock sedan way.

AND you'd like to stuff a diameter of wheel that not only was NOT designed for the DEW-98 chassis (if you search through the history of these threads on the LS forum) but also is know to cause rubbing, harsh ride quality(which is anti-"classy/luxury"), and bent wheels..and reduced performance. Not to mention that historically, owners of said dubs on the LS tend to re-appear on the forum 5 months later with "selling my twinkies" threads.

Oh. Ok. Gotcha now. Thanks for the clarification

:bowrofl:

owners of said dubs on the LS tend to re-appear on the forum 5 months later with "selling my twinkies" threads.

LMAO this is hilarious i cant stop laughing especially at the quoted twinkies part LOL also i do agree with what your saying, lambos with regular sedan doors in back is pretty useless :shifty:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

You are looking specifically for "classy". "Tasteful".

But you want your front doors to open upwards in a manner that ONLY exotic 2 door SPORT cars have.....but want the rear doors to open the regular, stock sedan way.

AND you'd like to stuff a diameter of wheel that not only was NOT designed for the DEW-98 chassis (if you search through the history of these threads on the LS forum) but also is know to cause rubbing, harsh ride quality(which is anti-"classy/luxury"), and bent wheels..and reduced performance. Not to mention that historically, owners of said dubs on the LS tend to re-appear on the forum 5 months later with "selling my twinkies" threads.

How can you say that the DEW-98 chassis is not designed for 20" wheels? They dont design a chassis for a "wheel size" they design a chassis for "overall tire diameter". You can get tires for a 20" wheel to be the exact same overall tire diameter as the stock 16 or 17" wheels. The only way 20's will rub is if you get the wrong tire size or offset. I have my car LOWERED 2" on 20's and I have no rubbing issues. I can turn at full lock and not rub one bit. The only time it has ever rubbed was with 3 people in the back seat and my heavy system in the trunk, which is now taken care of. If you are going to customize a car you have to put in more work than just bolting on some parts and hoping it will work. An aftermarket part does not always work properly with all your other stock parts without a little extra work. It is so annoying when someone who has NO IDEA what they are talking about tries to warn everyone about something because of what some other idiot posted on a forum.

How can you say that the DEW-98 chassis is not designed for 20" wheels? They dont design a chassis for a "wheel size" they design a chassis for "overall tire diameter".
Actually, chassis engineers take a great deal more than that into consideration, from the mass of the wheel/tire combo to the wheel offset, even down to the rolling resistance of the tires.

If you'll go look through the back issues of AutoWeek, you'll find an article wherein a Chrysler chassis engineer specifically states that putting 20" wheels on vehicles not designed with them in mind was a bad idea...

I REALLY dont understand how a 20" wheel is ghetto and a 19" wheel is not? I personally think that a 18" wheel on a big car like the LS looks cheap and does not go with the car....but maybe I am just ghetto.

Hey C-Snizzle, I have always liked your car. The wheels look nice and snug and it looks like you have modified it with the right ingredients. If I had a different LS your color would be the one I want. Take a minute and check out my site because I have 18" Foose Speedsters on my LS and I cannot believe you said that is a cheap look for a LS and does not go with the car. I do not think 20s are ghetto or look cheap because what we are talking about here is 2 inches. Anyway everyone has there own opinion but I have worked hard to make my car look classy with the 18s not cheap. By the way I like the clean look of your car. Personally I would take that DUB sticker off the back for a more cleaner look. John

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419456

When engineers design a platform/chassis, they don't isolate the development of the frame/chassis from the development of appropriate wheel size, offset, suspension, tire width, tie sidewall height, spring ratio, shock/strut rebound ratio, steering ratio, etc. A properly designed chassis includes a symbiosis amongst all of those items..and then some.

If you honestly believe that (as an example) taking a brand new Lincoln LS with Sport Package suspension/wheel/tire package...and removing the factory designed 17 inch rims/tires, and tossing on a set of "dubs" (is it twinkies or dubs as the proper ghetto term these days? Or is it something that ends in "eezie" or "izzle?" I get confused) that is nowhere near the factory offset..and wrapping them in 20 series Nitto's from www.cheaptires.com..will get you a better or even equal performing LS?

Then I suggest you do a bit more technical research on automotive chassis and suspension modifications.

Psst...Here's a small tip..that you can start researching. "Unsprung Wheel Weight".

Research that one..and get back to us.

Hey C-Snizzle, I have always liked your car. The wheels look nice and snug and it looks like you have modified it with the right ingredients. If I had a different LS your color would be the one I want. Take a minute and check out my site because I have 18" Foose Speedsters on my LS and I cannot believe you said that is a cheap look for a LS and does not go with the car. I do not think 20s are ghetto or look cheap because what we are talking about here is 2 inches. Anyway everyone has there own opinion but I have worked hard to make my car look classy with the 18s not cheap. By the way I like the clean look of your car. Personally I would take that DUB sticker off the back for a more cleaner look. John

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419456

Car looks good. Im not a huge fan of chrome because of a few things..including this:

http://www.whlworx.com/Chrome_Wheels_Loosing_Air.htm

But if it works for you, then great.

I'd suggest dropping the suspension with Eibach Pro kits to eliminate that wheelwell gap/give it a slightly more aggressive stance though. Love that color too.

Lambo doors?

Sometimes I wonder why guys post things like "I need an opinion"...
Remember the one from the guy with the huge handle bar mirrors? he flipped out when he got feed back!
I don't know why anyone would spend all that money on "this" car.
A few nice cheap mods to make an outrageously sharp looking sports sedan more personal? I get that. Hell , I DID that! But paint and lambo doors? Why not just take all that dough and get a higher end Luxury sedan? Seems smarter to start with something better.
Besides You'll need that cash you're spending on rims for trannies and repeated coil issues.|

Seriously , good luck over "there". Thanks to all the boys, and be safe.

Last edited:
Car looks good. Im not a huge fan of chrome because of a few things..including this:

I'd suggest dropping the suspension with Eibach Pro kits to eliminate that wheelwell gap/give it a slightly more aggressive stance though. Love that color too.

Usually I don't check out websites/cites that can't spell "losing" correctly.

I thought about that but because I live in a winter state I did not know if I would run into problems with the car being lower. I will think about it.

Usually I don't check out websites/cites that can't spell "losing" correctly.

Good point. But considering the process/methods/experience they utilized in resurrecting a set of 5 of these..(I wish I took before pics..worst curb rash/gouging/missing lip metal I've EVER seen)..made me a believer of their wheel knowledge/skills. ;)

mscontour.jpg

Good point. But considering the process/methods/experience they utilized in resurrecting a set of 5 of these..(I wish I took before pics..worst curb rash/gouging/missing lip metal I've EVER seen)..made me a believer of their wheel knowledge/skills. ;)

I've got a set of factory chrome wheels I have had for 6 years. They have yet to leak. I'm not saying it can't happen, I am saying that their statement that every chrome wheel will leak is suspect.

And the fact that repairing alloy rims is EXTREMELY easy and pretty much ANYONE can do it with tools you probably have in your house, really doesn't say much for them.

*briefly re-entering*

Actually..if you want the best look.

#1. Keep the paint stock. A good paint job costs THOUSANDS..especially when changing color.
#2. Get a NICE QUALITY set of 18 inch rims with proper offset. NO CHROME.
#3. Lower the suspension 1/2 inch with Eibach Pro Kits..and stock LS Sport package shocks/struts.
#4. Moderate window tint. NO LIMO TINT.
#5.LSE Body Kit. All of it.

The End.

agree with him...thats ur best bet

And the fact that repairing alloy rims is EXTREMELY easy and pretty much ANYONE can do it with tools you probably have in your house, really doesn't say much for them.

Sorry, but I didn't have a mig welder handy to weld back in the gouged/missing portions (which I referenced above), nor did I have a sandblaster to completely remove all original paint off all surfaces, nor did I have the equipment/booths to respray 4 coats of OEM paint on the rims followed by clearcoat, nor did I have the equipment to repair the 4 rims that had bends, nor did I have the equipment to remove/re-install the tires, nor did I have the precision balancing equipment, nor did I have any of the other proper equipment to do the job right..and professionally.

Nice try. ;)

Next?

how? id love to know, previous owner tore mine up

If it's JUST mild curb rash? You can get decent results using DIY methods. Do a search on GOOGLE for "repairing curb rash" and you will find a number of sites with pics/suggestions/tips.

Will it end up looking BRAND spanking new? A completely undetectable DIY repair?

No.

Another ASS'd opinion. Dude are you serious? I said "DOORS", not JUST THE FRONT 2 DOORS. I want ALL The doors Lambo. You nutt. READ LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! READ! DONT ASSUME, you'll make an ASS out of yourself.

Reduced performance? So what? It's a LINCOLN! I rather have looks and comfort than a nice speeding ticket. You get what im saying?

Just MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY suggestion. You understand?

And for those guys saying, WHY NOT BUY A BETTER LUXURY SEDAN?

Because I Like the LS. Because I OWN A LS. Because I want to CUSTOMIZE MY LS to my own personaly. Easy question, easy answer.

Im not flipping out on suggestions, im just curious as to why these guys have so many disrespectful things to say about what "I" want for "MY" car.

If you don't like it, don't suggest anything. Keep on truckin, go to the next thread. Maybe you'll find something you can post about there. But for now, this is "MY" thread, for "MY" car.

Either leave a suggestion, or move the :q:q:q:q on.

Understand?

So now you plan to have the first ("classy") LS EVER...in the world..with FOUR Lambo doors. A feat never before performed on an LS. Rear Lambo doors.

Maybe, but do you know all the LS's in the world? No I don't think so, I certainly hope not...because if you do, you need a life.

This forum isn't the only population that owns a Lincoln LS. Im sure you haven't noticed that, judging by your "EVERLASTING" knowledge of bullshiet.

Oooooo, smart guy :)

:bsflag:

Sorry. Im not knocking your quest for "classy" mods. But please...when you do have the rear lambo doors installed, pls post pics. We'd love to see them. Seriously.

Another ASS'd opinion. Dude are you serious? I said "DOORS", not JUST THE FRONT 2 DOORS. I want ALL The doors Lambo. You nutt. READ LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! READ! DONT ASSUME, you'll make an ASS out of yourself.

Good luck with that.

Reduced performance? So what? It's a LINCOLN! I rather have looks and comfort than a nice speeding ticket. You get what im saying?

We get what you're saying. You just want to make it LOOK fast, what with the vertical doors, and 20 inch wheels.

Just MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY suggestion. You understand?

No, I don't really understand. Weren't you looking for OTHER peoples' suggestions?

And for those guys saying, WHY NOT BUY A BETTER LUXURY SEDAN?

Because I Like the LS. Because I OWN A LS. Because I want to CUSTOMIZE MY LS to my own personaly. Easy question, easy answer.

Fair enough. Then go customize the LS you OWN the way you want to. Don't come here and ask for suggestions from the LS crowd and then get your panties in a knot when they don't agree with your silly ideas and they tell you some of those ideas are not good.

Im not flipping out on suggestions, im just curious as to why these guys have so many disrespectful things to say about what "I" want for "MY" car.

You... DID ask for suggestions. If I were you, I'd listen to most of these guys, they've been there, done that, and know what works, and what don't.

If you don't like it, don't suggest anything. Keep on truckin, go to the next thread. Maybe you'll find something you can post about there. But for now, this is "MY" thread, for "MY" car.

You mean, "If you don't nutthug me and my ideas about my car, then I don't want to hear differing opinions from people who know WTF they're talking about", don't you? Cause it sure is looking like that.

Either leave a suggestion, or move the :q:q:q:q on.

Ok. Here's my suggestion.

Learn how to fold your ears just right, pull your head out of your ass, and listen to the LS veterans here. Some of them forgot more than you will ever know about an LS. Even I don't agree with some of the LS guys in other non topic threads, but when it comes to some of them knowing what works and what don't on an LS, I listen to them.

Understand?

No, explain it to me again, my ADD kicked in half way through your explanation.

After you put rear lambo doors on the LS are you going to put some spinners on it? That would make your LS even more classy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back