Everyones Advice And 2 Cents!

CreamSoda

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Base Model.

No woodgrain. No Nav system. No V8. No SST. Just a regular LS.

Runs smooth, rides smooth, got a few quirks Id like to work out, but I need an overall opinion on what, where, and how I should start this.

Color: Brownish Greyish with flakes. Don't ask. Even the person selling the car to me didn't know what color.
Miles: 34K
Everything is factory.

Photo_40.jpg

Photo_41.jpg

Photo_43.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality. My camera doesn't have the plug to connect to USB right now. Gotta get a new one.

ANyone have any suggestions?

IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE IT FASTER.

JUST SMOOTHER, BETTER LOOKING.

I was thinking.

1. Paint it Black
2. Get a sunroof.
3. Lamborghini doors on front and back.
4. 20" Rims, not too sporty, a bit conservative looking. Real classy, not all crazy.
5. Dvd player in dash.
6. 1 L7 speaker in trunk.
7. Real woodgrain interior like the luxury model LS.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Or any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yours Truly!

Cream

1. Paint it Silver
2. Panorama glass roof.
3. Suicide doors.
4. 20" Rims, not too sporty, a bit conservative looking. Real classy, not all crazy.
5. Dvd player in dash.
7. Real suede interior.

Made a few changes for ya. :p

1. Leave the paint stock
2. Get a sliding rag top
3. Lamborghini doors on front F*ck the back doors no one uses them anyways
4. 20" Rims
5. Dvd player in dash.
7. Paint interior pieces to match exterior color, and suede to accent

ALSO just to name a few-
Clear the corners
eyebrows
grill
tint the windows

How much will that panaramic glass roof cost?

Suicide doors sound good, but I like lambo doors, the lift is just sexy.

:)

1. Leave the paint stock
2. Get a sliding rag top
3. Lamborghini doors on front F*ck the back doors no one uses them anyways
4. 20" Rims
5. Dvd player in dash.

ALSO just to name a few-
Clear the corners
eyebrows
grill
tint the windows

You like the factory paint?

What do you mean clear the corners?

I tinted the windows to legal percentage hehehe...I follow the law yes im a law biding citizen :) Even with speed...sometimes.

You mean the black finish on the inside to match the outside? Whats a suede accent? Please do explain :)

I love this!

As long as you're not interested in handling or speed, do any/all of the above. I'd start with interesting wheels......go a little bigger. Makes a nice 'quick' change to the overall look of the car.....

I'd leave the paint color change for later, you just might do well with other mods in the meantime.....

dont waste your time, get a V8

Why would I do that?

I dont want speed. The 6 has enough kick to it for me. Im not a speedy type of guy. I like looks and comfort. The V8, especially the LSE doesn't have the look that I want. It looks too sporty to me. Just my opinion. I want my Luxury sedan to look like a luxury sedan, not a BMW beamer.

Wouldn't get a V8 any time soon. People spend thousands of dollars to get it running low 14s. That's pathetic if you ask me. When you can get a honda and put the same money in and run low 12s. =\

You like the factory paint?

What do you mean clear the corners?

I tinted the windows to legal percentage hehehe...I follow the law yes im a law biding citizen :) Even with speed...sometimes.

You mean the black finish on the inside to match the outside? Whats a suede accent? Please do explain :)

I love this!

I do like the factory paint....it is different and you dont see it often which is a HUGE part of customizing a car

Clearing the corners means taking the headlight apart and removing the orange reflector and replacing it with an orange bulb to keep it legal. Looks much cleaner in the front when you do this. Search for it, there are numerous how to's

Paint the interior pieces that are normally woodgrain on other LS's and paint them the same color as your car. It looks really clean and less cheap than the black plastic. As for the suede, If you can find some suede that matches your interior color you can redo the headliner, rear deck, and anything else you want to wrap depending on how much you want to spend.

You want classy??

Stay with 19" or 18" wheels. Keep the offset between 45mm and the stock 60mm to prevent any rubbing issues. Bigger looks ghetto.

Cover the interior pieces with either a wood grain vinyl, or replace the pieces with the factory wood pieces. You can also get a faux wood kit of ebay.

Keep the color. It's called Midnight Black.

Get an aftermarket radio/nav unit. I hear the Pioneer one people here are using is decent with good options.

Bag the Lambo doors. That's starting to smack of ghetto. Suiciding the rears would hold to traditional Lincoln luxury.

If you do a moonroof, have a reputable company do it that offers a warranty against leaks. I had an '01 LS with an aftermarket moonroof. With the exception of a little wind noise at speed. it was as nice as my factory one. The controls aren't as versatile, but that was OK.

Enjoy the LS! Soon you'll be driving faster than you thought you would want!

tints are a must... and I would say keep that color. It IS different, as a matter of fact I have never even seen it before. I also agree about th 18's an 19's. I saw an LS with huge wheels on it the other day but it kinda looked goofy. just my opinion. 20's arent terrible, but 18's and/or 19's woudl look smoother i think

Wouldn't get a V8 any time soon. People spend thousands of dollars to get it running low 14s. That's pathetic if you ask me. When you can get a honda and put the same money in and run low 12s. =\

But it's a honda :D ;)
I think 'pathetic is a little strong in that context, but respect your opinion- and good luck with the LS!

:W

You want classy??

Stay with 19" or 18" wheels. Keep the offset between 45mm and the stock 60mm to prevent any rubbing issues. Bigger looks ghetto.

Cover the interior pieces with either a wood grain vinyl, or replace the pieces with the factory wood pieces. You can also get a faux wood kit of ebay.

Keep the color. It's called Midnight Black.

Get an aftermarket radio/nav unit. I hear the Pioneer one people here are using is decent with good options.

Bag the Lambo doors. That's starting to smack of ghetto. Suiciding the rears would hold to traditional Lincoln luxury.

If you do a moonroof, have a reputable company do it that offers a warranty against leaks. I had an '01 LS with an aftermarket moonroof. With the exception of a little wind noise at speed. it was as nice as my factory one. The controls aren't as versatile, but that was OK.

Enjoy the LS! Soon you'll be driving faster than you thought you would want!

What companies can you point me in the direction of who does a good job on moonroofs with/without a warranty? I don't trust any of these drunk body mechanics here in Central Texas.

Suicide doors would cost more than Lambos. Reason, switching the door handles. Plus I like how the Lambos look! Makes me wanna CREAM!

Thanks for the suggestions! Im open to take some more!

Cream

did this guy state that he DOESNT want sporty. (despite the fact that the "S" in LS actually means "sport"). Does NOT want the LSE kit. Wants to keep it "luxury and classy"..

"classy"....

then goes on to say he wants Lambo doors and dubs.

*faint*
*exiting thread immediately*

*briefly re-entering*

Actually..if you want the best look.

#1. Keep the paint stock. A good paint job costs THOUSANDS..especially when changing color.
#2. Get a NICE QUALITY set of 18 inch rims with proper offset. NO CHROME.
#3. Lower the suspension 1/2 inch with Eibach Pro Kits..and stock LS Sport package shocks/struts.
#4. Moderate window tint. NO LIMO TINT.
#5.LSE Body Kit. All of it.

The End.

:snip:

IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE IT FASTER.

JUST SMOOTHER, BETTER LOOKING.

I was thinking.

3. Lamborghini doors on front and back.
5. Dvd player in dash.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Or any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yours Truly!

Cream

3, 5, and 6 How is this gonna be better looking?
4. 20s are not classy

IMO it looks classy right now. You can either go sporty or ghetto

What companies can you point me in the direction of who does a good job on moonroofs with/without a warranty? I don't trust any of these drunk body mechanics here in Central Texas.
Cream

I would ask a local BMW or Mercedes (or even the Lincoln dealer) dealer where they send their cars for an install. They will know the places that do quality work. Expect to pay ~$1K for one.

Ok, ok. Listen up. I just thot of the best combo

1. 19 inch wheels. Chrome. Any bigger is gangsta

2. Complete LSE kit. Looks classy but not ricey

3. Angle eyes. Looks amazing

4. Silver Mesh grilles BEHIND the upper and lower stock grilles. Discrete but cool, would mach your bumper Chrome.

5. Nice exaust tips. Your not looking for performance, so I wouldnt bother doing the whole thing.

the list goes on. Clear corners is a must, lambo doors, lowered, sunroof, and thats just the exterior. Hope you have a fat walet.

did this guy state that he DOESNT want sporty. (despite the fact that the "S" in LS actually means "sport"). Does NOT want the LSE kit. Wants to keep it "luxury and classy"..

"classy"....

then goes on to say he wants Lambo doors and dubs.

*faint*
*exiting thread immediately*
The End.

Since you want be a smartass and take things out of context, let me explain something to you.

When I said "DUBS" or "20" rims. I meant, in a fashionable manner. Nothing ghetto. Nothing all extremely high profile, where your on front street the whole time your driving. No, I would like to have a conservative look. CLASSY. Nothing sport about that now is there?

No I don't want the LSE kit. Reason being, it takes the chrome strips off the front and back bumper. Which goes in the total opposite direction of where im trying to go. "CLASSY" remember? "LUXURY" remember? Meaning, I want it to be shiny. Nice look, without everyone trying to race me just because I have exhaust and headers like every other racer out there.

Yes the "S" in "LS" stands for SPORT. But modifying cars is all about modifying them to our personality am I correct? Now I am TERRIBLY sorry you don't agree with my taste in how I should have MY car, but I regret to tell you, you must be lost and in the wrong thread.

I agree...faint and leave. It's what most guys do when they don't have enough brain cells to entertain a thought.

Your pretty good at it.

So any more good suggestions?

And yes, i'll have a nice sized wallet after I come back from Iraq on tour. :)

My original plan was to buy a 2005 Navigator fully loaded used with low miles, but I decided too try and turn the "nothing" base model LS into something really nice.

And I appreciate everyones feedback :)

If you have a suggestion please post, and I will thank you when my LS is finished!

CREAM!

CreamSoda,
You gotta understand that everyone can define "classy" in a different way.
Maybe some people don't find 20" wheels and lambo doors "classy" or "conservative". Especially on a LS.

And when someone tries to race you, it doesn't mean you have to race them. Most of the time I use the BMWs or others that blow past me, after they read my license plate, as rabbits.

And what's up with flaming when you asked for "Everyones Advice And 2 Cents!"?
Maybe you should "entertain a thought" (good one, I can't wait to use it someday) of a reply to something you asked for. Even if its negative.

PS. You're welcome! No prob for me answering to something you've asked about.

I REALLY dont understand how a 20" wheel is ghetto and a 19" wheel is not? I personally think that a 18" wheel on a big car like the LS looks cheap and does not go with the car....but maybe I am just ghetto.

I guess since I have 20's, lambo doors, and limo tint I may as well paint myself brown and move to the hood.

Members online

No members online now.
Back