Epic fail

twinbopilot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The Lincoln MKT is an epic fail. So sad to see the once great Lincoln reduced to being largely irrelevant.

Time does not change facts...
And I for one would love to see nothing more than a relevant and strong Lincoln. Unfortunately it does not currently exist.
I LOVE Lincoln. I want it to be strong. I just don't agree with the direction it has taken over the last several years.

And if my post is such an epic fail, why do you feel the need to respond to it?

this thread might have been relevent two and a half years ago.

its like starting a thread that states epic fail ford pinto.

Time does not change facts...
And I for one would love to see nothing more than a relevant and strong Lincoln. Unfortunately it does not currently exist.
I LOVE Lincoln. I want it to be strong. I just don't agree with the direction it has taken over the last several years.

I feel EXACTLY the same way.

The Lincoln MKT is an epic fail. So sad to see the once great Lincoln reduced to being largely irrelevant.

True.

It's just a rebodied Ford Flex with higher price. And it's so froggin' fugly! I fear that if something isn't done soon, Lincoln will go the way of other great marques such as Mercury, Plymouth, Olds, and Pontiac. Then Cadillac will be the only true luxury car representative from the USA. That will be a sad day.

I got one and I love it more than the LS:D

0723010505.jpg

To each his own I suppose. If you like it, more power to ya! My personal feeling is that it's wrong-wheel-drive with a sideways engine and doesn't deserve to wear the Lincoln name. Nor do the MKS, MKZ, or MKX for that matter. They're all just wrong-wheel-drive sideways engined Ford's in silk suits with higher price tags. When Ford allows Lincoln to build a real V-8 powered REAR-FRAKKIN-WHEEL-DRIVE car that can actually compete with Cadillac and the big boys from Asia and Europe (and by "big boys" I mean the likes of Lexus, Infiniti, Hyundai:eek:, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, etc. - you know...the REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE V-8 engine crowd) the company might actually become a viable player in the premium luxury car arena. As Lincoln stands now, it's nothing more than a barely average entry-level luxury division at the very best.

We're going to test drive one. I have a Mark VIII and could care less about "Lincoln" heritage, history or whatever. I want a nice three row hauler with comfortable seats, AWD and a bunch of standard features...and the ECOBOOST 3.5L!! That doesn't smell like failure, it smells like tapping a new market segment. If not for this I might not be buying a Ford.

I haven't seen an MKT on the road in forever. They don't even have one in my local Lincoln showroom. Do they even still make them? I heard from one of the salesmen that they were sitting on the lot and they couldn't give them away. I haven't been keeping up with any news on Lincoln lately because the whole division is almost irrelevent.

I haven't seen an MKT on the road for weeks. In fact when I see one I am intrigued because they are so rare. I agree with Haywood, Lincoln is in serious need of reform or they are history. They seem to have lost their way.

I went to the local Lincoln dealer this week and while waiting for my car, I walked thru the car lot. He had 2 MKT's sitting there. Both had been marked down $8000 from the sticker. What was more telling, both had state inspection stickers 2/12. They have been sitting on the lot for 8 mos.

2013-06-04_13-03-34_877.jpg2013-06-04_13-05-05_605.jpg2013-06-04_13-06-43_113.jpg2013-06-04_13-01-08_167.jpgFor us it is not an "Epic Fail".
We are a family of five, one newborn, two children, my wife and me. We needed a vehicle to seat three in the middle with two in back for extra passengers, normally more kids. It needed to cruise quietly and needed to have high quality leather seating since previous experience taught me leather holds up better than cloth with kids, and it needed to have a modern design with a flowing dash rather than any boxy components and it had to have style since I grew up during a time when style was important. Style. This meant no boxy Flex station wagon. This meant no "me too" Japanese or Euro or GM (front wheel drive Yukon) standard styled crossover with the pointed nose and tall backend and plastic looking dash and interior with sport transmission shifter, like I would want something like that in luxury vehicle, and it had to have luxury this time around.

We looked at the GM truck based big SUVs, what hogs. We looked briefly at the Japanese luxury SUV's and even a Mercedes 'S' class sedan looking for what what we needed. The GM dealer showed us a front wheel drive Yukon with leather seats and a nice plastic dash and less luggage space that the MKT for 53 grand. On our way to looking at Nissan Armadas we stopped at the local Ford-Lincoln dealer and he had the only new MKT in Tennessee this side of Memphis. It had style. It had soft leather everything. It had a flowing dash with leather and beautiful high tech dash displays that seemed to integrate right into the upscale design without a hiccup. The doors closed so soundly. The three across seating is beautiful and works for two siblings and a newborn in the middle. The back seats are good for small people or children and that was very OK with me because that is what they would carry and it allowed her to have a very un-boxy roof line and the gorgeous back end hatch that takes the design back to the 30's in a retro-modern package meant to be functional and beautiful and unique and very un-me-too!

She has a soft but great handling ride. She is quiet, so much so that we were amazed that we all could talk to each other, front and back, without talking over road, tire, engine, outside noise; One must keep coffee beside you or you will be lulled to an afternoon nap while driving her in those oh so comfortable seats. The steering wheel feels so right and she turns like a champ while training her steering following headlights in the direction of travel (shades of Studebaker's center light!). Her systems work just oh so perfectly and she does draw looks because she is so rare.

Beautiful. Capable. Styled. Unique. Rare.

Epic Success for Lincoln and us!

p.s. I am aware my Lincoln MKT, with 300 hp V6, six speed transmission, has paddle shifters neatly camouflaged behind the steering.

I will not send it back just for that.

2013-06-04_13-03-34_877.jpg

2013-06-04_13-05-05_605.jpg

2013-06-04_13-06-43_113.jpg

2013-06-04_13-01-08_167.jpg

A belated Thank You! I've had her for one thousand miles now and am very pleased with her ride, handling and power. No torque steer that I notice, nor do I notice any body roll on turns.

I like the color on your MKT, post a side shot if you have one please.

I like the MKT lines. I think they did a retro look to this awesome motorcar especially with the back. Do you think there is a little of the 1957 Continental Mark II in her side panels the way they kick up in the back from a smooth line running from the front fender?

1957-Lincoln-Continental-Mark-II-convertible-rear-view.jpg
mkt.jpg

1957-Lincoln-Continental-Mark-II-convertible-rear-view.jpg

mkt.jpg

Thought I would share this. Reporter in Detriot with a loaner MKT. found this the next morning. Not real familiar with the OEM 20's. Apparently someone REALLY liked them.

MKT-3-1024x682.jpg

I think the MKT takes styling cues from classic Lincoln designs. My MKT does attract attention everywhere I go. It's nice to be different, to distinguish yourself from the pack, and this is what Lincoln wanted to do with the MKT and it has accomplished that with this and with products that are to follow this Epic goal in the years to come and in the years past.

5010421284_498f9bcf79_z.jpg
thCARY2UOD.jpg

5010421284_498f9bcf79_z.jpg

thCARY2UOD.jpg

View attachment 828459113View attachment 828459114View attachment 828459115View attachment 828459116For us it is not an "Epic Fail".
We are a family of five, one newborn, two children, my wife and me. We needed a vehicle to seat three in the middle with two in back for extra passengers, normally more kids. It needed to cruise quietly and needed to have high quality leather seating since previous experience taught me leather holds up better than cloth with kids, and it needed to have a modern design with a flowing dash rather than any boxy components and it had to have style since I grew up during a time when style was important. Style. This meant no boxy Flex station wagon. This meant no "me too" Japanese or Euro or GM (front wheel drive Yukon) standard styled crossover with the pointed nose and tall backend and plastic looking dash and interior with sport transmission shifter, like I would want something like that in luxury vehicle, and it had to have luxury this time around.

We looked at the GM truck based big SUVs, what hogs. We looked briefly at the Japanese luxury SUV's and even a Mercedes 'S' class sedan looking for what what we needed. The GM dealer showed us a front wheel drive Yukon with leather seats and a nice plastic dash and less luggage space that the MKT for 53 grand. On our way to looking at Nissan Armadas we stopped at the local Ford-Lincoln dealer and he had the only new MKT in Tennessee this side of Memphis. It had style. It had soft leather everything. It had a flowing dash with leather and beautiful high tech dash displays that seemed to integrate right into the upscale design without a hiccup. The doors closed so soundly. The three across seating is beautiful and works for two siblings and a newborn in the middle. The back seats are good for small people or children and that was very OK with me because that is what they would carry and it allowed her to have a very un-boxy roof line and the gorgeous back end hatch that takes the design back to the 30's in a retro-modern package meant to be functional and beautiful and unique and very un-me-too!

She has a soft but great handling ride. She is quiet, so much so that we were amazed that we all could talk to each other, front and back, without talking over road, tire, engine, outside noise; One must keep coffee beside you or you will be lulled to an afternoon nap while driving her in those oh so comfortable seats. The steering wheel feels so right and she turns like a champ while training her steering following headlights in the direction of travel (shades of Studebaker's center light!). Her systems work just oh so perfectly and she does draw looks because she is so rare.

p.s. I am aware my Lincoln MKT, with 300 hp V6, six speed transmission, has paddle shifters neatly camouflaged behind the steering.

Right on! We are a family 5 too. 3 boys nine, seven, and five. And i agree with 100%. I love the modern style with a tribute to classic Lincoln. A car that doesn't look like every other car. This weekend we test it for a long road trip to a cottage. Might need a roof rack, will update soon. Epic fail my ass, dude buy a corrola then!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

View attachment 828459113View attachment 828459114View attachment 828459115View attachment 828459116For us it is not an "Epic Fail".

Yes, everything that he said. I just bought a brand new 2014 last week and it's phenomenal. Everyone loves it and stares constantly. The good stare. Not a WTH type of stare? This vehicle is awesome and solid in every way. I have no idea why people didn't buy them but I'm glad they didn't as there's really not a lot of them on the street. Wife loves the style, sophistication and luxury appointments. This MKT is definitely giving its European and Asian rivals a serious run for their money.

I am a proud owner of a loaded badd- axx mkt, tv's and all , the most loaded vehicle for the money you can buy.and don't get torched by that little twin turbo stump puller.most production v8's won't touch it.thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back