Engine Light

papilos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
this is the third time it rains and my car feels like it miss fires. 3 times in the past 6 months my car feels weird...it starts to tremble or shake the idle is a bit rough going up and down up and down and will hesitate when i hit the gas. then the check engine light flashes. anyone? similar problems? HELP!!! lol i only have 44,000 on my 05

1st...is your car a 1st gen?...if so, then it may be a coil pack...i dont know what that has to do with rain...but we 1st gen's have a problem with leaky valve covers causing us to misfire...if so then replace your coil packs and plugs...preferrably with the bosch platinums...i am runing NGk's...but its ok...havent had any problems really since they have been replaced...what exactly is goin on?....

thanx for the quick reply! its weird it just feels like the moment i step on the gas it doesnt want to go. i know the rain has nothing to do with it its just ironic how it happend only when it rained! i really like this car i was afraid maybe the tranny was acting up? is this covered by the 4 yr bumper to bumper warranty? how can i tell if its first gen?

is there check engine lights coming on?...it could possibly be the plugs or mostl likely the coil packs...i replaced all of mine and plugs....

IIRC - there is a TSB on the Gen2s where they replace the trim on the back-underside of the hood or the gasket on the COP cover (can't remember which) to stop rain water from getting into the COPs.

The issue only appeared when it rained.

Members online

Back