End of the line

Gary Vogeler

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Time for me to move on. Rear ended Monday evening on the way home from work.
IMG_20190401_171452163_HDR.jpg
Insurance adjuster confirmed it is a total loss. Hard to say goodbye after 16 1/2 years. Bought her at 6mi on the odometer and was targeting to keep her at least another year.
I did keep the weather tech window deflectors, the trunk cargo net and have a pair of replacement window regulator clips for the front passenger window.
Let me know if you are interested in any of the items.

It was a solid hit. He was accelerating when he hit me as we were in stop ad go traffic and he had left a sizeable gap. I watched the impact as I had looked in the mirror. Still had his foot on the gas after impact and hit me hard a second time.
Good dependable ride is gone. Only recall being stranded once when the fuel pump died.

Glad you made it through this well enough to post about it. Sorry about what happened to your favourite ride. Always gives me mixed feelings when I see threads like this, but at least it's further proof that the safety ratings these cars were known for was well deserved. Any accident you can walk away from...

The 5 star crash ratings were an important part of my decision to buy her. I was able to walk away but still had to make a trip to the hospital since I got my bell rung.

That sucks. Have it that long. Take care of it. Some idiot not paying attention. Takes it away. Best thing. You are not injured.

Sorry to see, but glad you're o.k. I assume the trunk cargo net works in Gen 2s? Or was it generation specific?

Members online

Back