Emblem Idea

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted some input.

I just got my rear surround painted. the emblem was messed up, so I sanded off all the black, and now it's clear. I don't want to leave it clear, so I have 2 options.

The first is to just repaint it all black. Or I could get creative, and do something like this:

surround.jpg

I just did that in mspaint, so that's why it looks crappy right now. but I was thinking about painting around the lincoln star the gloss black, then paint matching the center.

What do you guys think?

Here's a different picture. I just put electrical tape on the back. but it gives a better idea than mspaint :D

surround2.jpg

IMO, I think you should trade me your grill insert. A regular grill would be better for that color. :lol:

I think it looks nice and unique. Your screw holes are crying. :shifty: :p

i think you should clear everything. although it does like really nice IMO

DO it!

That looks very sharp and professional to me, you should definitely do it with the black around it!!!

And... done. I took a couple pictures out in the rain. We're supposed to get snow the next 2 days, so this may be my only opportunity until that's over.

emblem1.jpg

emblemsurround.jpg

emblemsurround1-1.jpg

That style looks good with a light colored LS, great choice...I should do it with my Silver Birch :-D

I like it, I don't know how well it would look on the Silver though, I like my black emblems just they way they are...

Oh yeah, Pete, I did some fixins to my car today!

I removed the spoiler and tucked the wire into the light, put a new screw into it to hold to together! !!woot!!

I also got some emblem tape foam thing that my friend has and fixated my emblem in the back so it's up against the trunk instead of having that gap. Pics up tomorrow

Looks good Pete! Now are you going to do the same for the front emblem? You probably should. That would make it look even more factory original.

....I like how you blacked out your plate on the last pic but not on the picture just above it! Brain fart?

I like the emblem wish I would have thought about that when I did my car:(
Looks good man!

I can't wait to take mine outside and wash it up for some pictures.

I like it, I don't know how well it would look on the Silver though, I like my black emblems just they way they are...

Oh yeah, Pete, I did some fixins to my car today!

I removed the spoiler and tucked the wire into the light, put a new screw into it to hold to together! !!woot!!

I also got some emblem tape foam thing that my friend has and fixated my emblem in the back so it's up against the trunk instead of having that gap. Pics up tomorrow

Awesome. It always feels good to get that stuff taken care of!

Looks good Pete! Now are you going to do the same for the front emblem? You probably should. That would make it look even more factory original.

....I like how you blacked out your plate on the last pic but not on the picture just above it! Brain fart?

Yessir, Going to do the fron one when I get around to it. I used 3M Trim and Emblem adhesive on the back one. So pretty sure it's not going to come off again. I'm kinda pissed, since I applied the adhesive to the back of the emblem, pressed it into place, and went to bed. Got up this morning, and the adhesive had a little bit of an adverse reaction with the paint. There are a couple spots that look cloudy. But it's not really noticeable.

I only blacked out the plate in the one picture because the flash really caught it, and it had terrible glare. So much that it detracted your sight to it instead of the surround. So it wasn't really a security thing.

Another good idea from Pete! I just painted my rear surround too but haven't had a chance to install it yet.
I wonder how your emblem idea would look on my black car? :rolleyes:

My friends dad works for Honeywell AND 3M, so he gets a lot of their products for free. That's what we used, its gray with a red adhesive strip thing you pull off right?

No, that's what I should've probably used though. The stuff I used comes in a tube, and is a viscous liquid, like an epoxy.

Not bad at all. Personally I prefer the all black but not everyone can have good taste. J/K, lookin good.

Members online

Back