eibachs in:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
thanks to JVIP i got my springs
now i have already searched this up but didnt find anything:(
how do i cut the spring? can i stick it in the freezer so the machine wont get them too hot? also do i cut the top or bottom of the spring? and i still have yet to figure wich are the rears and front springs.
im asking that because you can safely cut the front a full coil and the back half a coil

Don't cut the springs - just Photoshop your pictures to make the car look lower.

:D

you can cut eibachs a full coil from the front and half a coil from the back and it wont affect it

why did you buy eibachs if your going to cut them, why not cut the stock springs?

I wish there was a way to get budget low with out cutting springs or something like that, could always weld a 2 inch high and like 6 inch diameter cup to the shock towers and then cut out the top of the tower then mount the shock up in there and get the low you want. That's really not a bad idea and then you keep the stock spring rate and not mess up your geometry much.

I wish there was a way to get budget low with out cutting springs or something like that, could always weld a 2 inch high and like 6 inch diameter cup to the shock towers and then cut out the top of the tower then mount the shock up in there and get the low you want. That's really not a bad idea and then you keep the stock spring rate and not mess up your geometry much.

a white ls on here did that, it looks so badd ass!!!

*disclaimer* not saying cutting any of the coil is a good idea...

if you only cut half a coil off, it wont line up right, the mounts for the spring need to end of the spring to be in a certian spot, you might be able to cut 1/4 off of each end while only removing 1/2 a coil total and still having the spring indexed correctly. but just from looking at the pictures online (the stock image, which doesn' mean that the LS will look the same) makes it look like the I/D of the spring changes drastically and would be a bad idea (i mean a worse idea than re-engineering a major component of the suspension without really doing any engineering work what so ever )

look up cut eibach
lincolns ls v6 dont way more than the 8's
so you can safley cut a coil in the front and half in the back
if the only thing you are basing that off of is the weight difference between the motors, then i dont think that you understand the correct meaning of "safely"

Honestly, its a BAD idea for you to cut the springs. If your so set on doing it, have a professional/shop do it. You have had more then enough members warn you not to do it. For your own safety and the safety of the public. Have someone that KNOWS what they are doing cut them. You obviously don't mind throwing away $200+ on the Eibach springs. So waste the extre cash and have a professional/shop cut them.

Honestly, its a BAD idea for you to cut the springs. If your so set on doing it, have a professional/shop do it. You have had more then enough members warn you not to do it. For your own safety and the safety of the public. Have someone that KNOWS what they are doing cut them. You obviously don't mind throwing away $200+ on the Eibach springs. So waste the extre cash and have a professional/shop cut them.

people in my town dont care if they get the cash they will give you a half ass job
thats why i try to do evrything on my own
i know a couple of people here are runnin on cut eibachs so i know its possible
i just wanted to let lvc know on how to do em the best way possible

no body ever said that it wasn't possible, just that it is not a great idea.

well if your going for it yourself, please do yourself a favor, DO NOT cut the spring while it is on the shock. just saying.

no body ever said that it wasn't possible, just that it is not a great idea.

well if your going for it yourself, please do yourself a favor, DO NOT cut the spring while it is on the shock. just saying.

no no no no no lol
thats just obvious
i have the springs but i know people have there techniques on how to do it

+
Jwall WHERE ARE YOU!!lol

jvip owned cut springs?

Nope not at all.

good to hear they got there, early at that. the lady at the post office was tiny, felt bad when she was trying to take the box off the counter..lol

Nope not at all.

good to hear they got there, early at that. the lady at the post office was tiny, felt bad when she was trying to take the box off the counter..lol

yea dude thanks the box was heavy!!!!!
do you know which were the rears and fronts?

i know people have there techniques on how to do it

there is not really any techniques, its a piece of metal, the only real kind of technique is based on what kind of tool your going to cut it with, hack saw, cut off tool, sawzall, plasma cutter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back