eibach sprngs

You will still need to rotate as the rear camber is not adjustable.

This is new to me? I have rotation specific tires and as such I could only rotate one side from back to front. The guys at Bell Tire are telling me no rotation required

This is new to me? I have rotation specific tires and as such I could only rotate one side from back to front. The guys at Bell Tire are telling me no rotation required

Its cause you went to belle tire. Preferred rotation is to cross them and move from front to back but you should still rotate them front to back every 5,000 mi. I usually just do it every oil change which is about that mileage anyway.

^ this is why i tend to stay away from directional tires, with out proper rotation, tires will wear unevenly and it will shorten the tires lifespan.

as far an "no rotation required", sounds like it is time to find new tire guys.

You will still need to rotate as the rear camber is not adjustable.

Its cause you went to belle tire. Preferred rotation is to cross them and move from front to back but you should still rotate them front to back every 5,000 mi. I usually just do it every oil change which is about that mileage anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

^ this is why i tend to stay away from directional tires, with out proper rotation, tires will wear unevenly and it will shorten the tires lifespan.

as far an "no rotation required", sounds like it is time to find new tire guys.

Ok I'm rotating, as for new tire guys well their doing the four wheel alignment hope they get that right.

^ fingers crossed ++

just for the record, the last time somebody from belle touched my car, they broke the key off in the ignition and the steering wheel was off from being straight by 5-10 degrees after an alignment on my mark. bush league for sure.

^ fingers crossed ++

just for the record, the last time somebody from belle touched my car, they broke the key off in the ignition and the steering wheel was off from being straight by 5-10 degrees after an alignment on my mark. bush league for sure.

Then who do you recommend since your in the MI area?

well i know a couple of the guys that work at briarwood ford, and they always do a great job, its impossible to recommend any place with out actually going there/having them do it.

where as my dealer is great, a lot are not, where my Belle hires a bunch of low birth weight sons of bitches, yours might have great techs. google the places in your area and read as many reviews as you can. if possible, talk to the techs at anyplace you are considering as people of low intelligence seem to stick out.

a couple of months ago my fiance took her escape to Firestone in Ann Arbor because they offer a lifetime alignment service for about $170 and she can take it in a couple of times a year and have it checked/adjusted, so far, nothing to complain about.

I dont know about you guys but i like discount tire.

They offer free rotation and the certificates help a lot with blowouts. They are very common down here so if i ever have a blowout, have it towed to the nearest one and get a new tire thrown on for cheap.

discount tire is my choice for tires as well, can order everything tire rack has and always matches or beats their price. their certificates warranty cant be beat, the lifetime balance and rotation is pretty nice, i really wish they offered alignment.

as far as common, there are three of them with in 15 mins of each other, not matter where in Ann Arbor or Ypsi you are, you are never more than 10 mins away from one. (probably also help that one of their main corporate offices is here too)

I dont know about you guys but i like discount tire.

They offer free rotation and the certificates help a lot with blowouts. They are very common down here so if i ever have a blowout, have it towed to the nearest one and get a new tire thrown on for cheap.

discount tire is my choice for tires as well, can order everything tire rack has and always matches or beats their price. their certificates warranty cant be beat, the lifetime balance and rotation is pretty nice, i really wish they offered alignment.

as far as common, there are three of them with in 15 mins of each other, not matter where in Ann Arbor or Ypsi you are, you are never more than 10 mins away from one. (probably also help that one of their main corporate offices is here too)

They USED to be my favorite. Then since they couldn't get the balance right they told me my wheels were bent. I went to (don't laugh) Firestone and they balanced the tires properly, eliminating the vibration. This was from 2 local DTs.

They USED to be my favorite. Then since they couldn't get the balance right they told me my wheels were bent. I went to (don't laugh) Firestone and they balanced the tires properly, eliminating the vibration. This was from 2 local DTs.

Tonight was my first attempt at going to Discount Tire. I needed my tires remounted and flipped so the inside is on the outside. My tires are chewed on the inside from the worn springs and shocks. The guy took a look at them and said, "they can't be remounted, they are worn too much. You need new tires." I chuckled and said thank you and left. Went to Tires Plus, which I think is affiliated with Firestone and they got me right in, remounted my tires and everything is good. They only charged me $26 to remount/balance the rear two tires. I will be going back there to get my alignment done.

Firestone is where I go for tires. I used to work there so I know them pretty well. Never had an issue with anything from there. I'm pretty particular too so the fact that I keep going there couldn't be too bad.

Ok I got the four wheel alignment done in Detroit at a Firestone by an old guy recommended to me as being the best in the area. So the car handles perfect and corners just fine! Drove it home and hit 115 mph on the 94 for about 10 miles then decided to slow down before an MI State Trooper made my stay in the US permanent. Got home and noticed the car looks great up front the toe is perfect. From the back you can see the wheels toe out at the pavement more noticeable when parked on the side of the road. The guy at Firestone tells me its within spec and thats all that can be adjusted...........what do you think? Am I good to go or are we missing something here?

Ok I got the four wheel alignment done in Detroit at a Firestone by an old guy recommended to me as being the best in the area. So the car handles perfect and corners just fine! Drove it home and hit 115 mph on the 94 for about 10 miles then decided to slow down before an MI State Trooper made my stay in the US permanent. Got home and noticed the car looks great up front the toe is perfect. From the back you can see the wheels toe out at the pavement more noticeable when parked on the side of the road. The guy at Firestone tells me its within spec and thats all that can be adjusted...........what do you think? Am I good to go or are we missing something here?

The rear tires on the LS apparently have a little positive (tilted in at the top) camber from the factory. Lowering it just adds a little more. IIRC, even with the Springtech springs I once used (close to a 2" drop) I was still in spec at just over 1° positive.

The rear tires on the LS apparently have a little positive (tilted in at the top) camber from the factory. Lowering it just adds a little more. IIRC, even with the Springtech springs I once used (close to a 2" drop) I was still in spec at just over 1° positive.

Tilted in on top (meaning top of tire in towards center of body more than bottom of tire that meats the road) would be negative camber which goes more negative as you lower vehicle. Below is the alignment specs from Alldata, shows rear camber -1.0 +/- .75 which leaves the range always in the negative.

Alignment Specifications-Front Caster LH 8.10 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
RH 8.10 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
Split 0 degrees +/- 0.70 degrees
Camber LH -0.15 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
RH -0.15 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
Toe
Note: @ curb ride height (positive value is toe-in, negative value is toe-out) LH -
RH -
Split + 0.16 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Alignment Specifications-Rear Caster LH -
RH -
Split -
Camber LH -1.0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
RH -1.0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
Split 0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
Toe
Note: @ curb ride height (positive value is toe-in, negative value is toe-out) LH 0.12 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
RH 0.12 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Split 0.24 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Ride Height Front 2.4 in. +/- 0.3 in.
Rear 1 in. +/- 0.3 in.
Vehicle Lean (Side-to-Side Height Differences) Front wheel opening difference-maximum 0.5 in.
Rear wheel opening difference-maximum 0.5 in.
Vehicle Attitude (Front-to-Rear Height Difference) Maximum vehicle attitude= average front-average rear 0.6 in.

Tilted in on top (meaning top of tire in towards center of body more than bottom of tire that meats the road) would be negative camber which goes more negative as you lower vehicle. Below is the alignment specs from Alldata, shows rear camber -1.0 +/- .75 which leaves the range always in the negative.

Alignment Specifications-Front Caster LH 8.10 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
RH 8.10 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
Camber LH -0.15 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
RH -0.15 degrees +/- 0.50 degrees
Toe
Note: @ curb ride height (positive value is toe-in, negative value is toe-out) LH -
RH -
Split + 0.16 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Alignment Specifications-Rear Caster LH -
RH -
Split -
Camber LH -1.0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
RH -1.0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
Split 0 degrees +/- 0.75 degrees
Toe
Note: @ curb ride height (positive value is toe-in, negative value is toe-out) LH 0.12 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
RH 0.12 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Split 0.24 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees
Ride Height Front 2.4 in. +/- 0.3 in.
Rear 1 in. +/- 0.3 in.
Vehicle Lean (Side-to-Side Height Differences) Front wheel opening difference-maximum 0.5 in.
Rear wheel opening difference-maximum 0.5 in.
Vehicle Attitude (Front-to-Rear Height Difference) Maximum vehicle attitude= average front-average rear 0.6 in.

DOH!! I got my negative and positive backwards!! OOPS!!

Members online

Back