eibach sprngs

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i know i know ive been talking alot about lowering the ls but the TIME HAS COME!! im looking to buy some eibachs used new cutt idc im going to cut them anyway. Well only a coil .where is the cheapest place to get them. I once saw them for 225 but i cant find them anymore:(

Ebay would be your best bet. Usually they range from the $220's to $300 on ebay.

A set of used, you don't know how much abuse they have been through. Only good thing is they have settled to height. Ususally spring companies will estimate the lowering on a computer, but that is on a brand new spring. Once a spring settles it could potentially be lower. That's what some don't get about coilovers, and think they got played. You have to reset the height after the spring settles. But in your case you just wait until the spring settles and that's it.

A set of used, you don't know how much abuse they have been through. Only good thing is they have settled to height. Ususally spring companies will estimate the lowering on a computer, but that is on a brand new spring. Once a spring settles it could potentially be lower. That's what some don't get about coilovers, and think they got played. You have to reset the height after the spring settles. But in your case you just wait until the spring settles and that's it.

great :) so it would be even lower once a coil is cut:)

2.5 inch in the front 1.5 in the back :)

Be careful going lower than 2". You are going to lose steering geometry, handling and increase the camber to a point where only the inside of your tires will be wearing and fast. That stance is going to look ridiculous on a LS. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's more of a set up for a Nissan or Honda. 2.0/1.7 would look great.

Please make this your last thread. You could have asked this same question in any of the multiple threads and yeah if you go that low you will pretty much stat screwing things up. But to each his own.

Be careful going lower than 2". You are going to lose steering geometry, handling and increase the camber to a point where only the inside of your tires will be wearing and fast. That stance is going to look ridiculous on a LS. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's more of a set up for a Nissan or Honda. 2.0/1.7 would look great.
well i heard on this thread you can cut a full coil on the front and half a coil in the back on v6 since there not as heavy

Please make this your last thread. You could have asked this same question in any of the multiple threads and yeah if you go that low you will pretty much stat screwing things up. But to each his own.

im young and i accept the risk :)

Usually with Eibachs, the average lowering they put on any car is between 1.0-1.7. Ours is about 1.5. With a coil off it would be closer to 2.0/1.7 ratio as I stated. Plus it won't affect ride comfort as Eibachs are a modified linear design, they aren't progressive.

Usually with Eibachs, the average lowering they put on any car is between 1.0-1.7. Ours is about 1.5. With a coil off it would be closer to 2.0/1.7 ratio as I stated. Plus it won't affect ride comfort as Eibachs are a modified linear design, they aren't progressive.

thanks for the info :))

My suggestion to you is to buy new springs and shocks, install them, without cutting them to let the springs settle, and let the new shocks break in. After a few months, take them off and cut the springs if you want.

springs

As stated by cutting the springs you run the risk of not being able to do a proper alignment.
When i installed my eibachs with new shoks/struts and the alignment kit the dealer still had a headach getting the alighment within specks so be verry careful as stated or your car may not handle verry well or your tires may wear prematurely.
Mike

Some people wanna talk tint. Some wanna talk wheels. Iivan likes springs. LOL....

And i get that. I have no issues with that. Ill discuss springs with the guy until we're both blue in the face, but i just dont see the need for 5+ threads to talk about the same thing.

What are the best shocks when you install eibachs? I have standard suspension now and as of now I don't plan to upgrade my wheels if/when I do upgrade wheels it will probably be to 17" or 18".

And i get that. I have no issues with that. Ill discuss springs with the guy until we're both blue in the face, but i just dont see the need for 5+ threads to talk about the same thing.

Technically, in a roundabout way, we do it all the time anyway with as many redundant threads there are on here.

But in all seriousness, I do know what u mean. I am about tired of Onefreshls continually making threads about "maybe" buying a new car.

I'm going to keep making transmission threads until I finally do my rebuild.

Technically, in a roundabout way, we do it all the time anyway with as many redundant threads there are on here.

But in all seriousness, I do know what u mean. I am about tired of Onefreshls continually making threads about "maybe" buying a new car.

LOL.

Ivan with spring threads, onefresh will his threads. mlara and his wheel whoring threads. this place is so predictable.

I'm going to keep making transmission threads until I finally do my rebuild.

Ima give you :q:q:q:q for it :p.

Do I need to order anything else to install the springs? insulators/seat? I'm ordering shocks from Max and want to know if I should add anything else to the list.

Any one purchased from this seller?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EIBACH-PRO-...=130408067195&ps=63&clkid=7609907966122101762

I ordered mine from this guy, he ships quick and he replies quickly to emails and questions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230756484439?item=230756484439&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I just got my car back last week from getting my Eibachs put on. It looks sexy as hell!!!
It's rides so smooth and the handling is sharper, and looks sporty as hell. I love it!

Get the alignment kit to, or atleast I wish I would have. They weren't able to get my camber in spec on my front passenger side, its like 4 tenths of from spec, +camber. I won't have any problems, as long as I rotate my tires every 4000 miles.

I ordered mine from this guy, he ships quick and he replies quickly to emails and questions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230756484439?item=230756484439&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I just got my car back last week from getting my Eibachs put on. It looks sexy as hell!!!
It's rides so smooth and the handling is sharper, and looks sporty as hell. I love it!

Get the alignment kit to, or atleast I wish I would have. They weren't able to get my camber in spec on my front passenger side, its like 4 tenths of from spec, +camber. I won't have any problems, as long as I rotate my tires every 4000 miles.

Thanks for link! I will have to order the alignment kit my tires are chewed up from the worn springs/shocks. I don't want to deal with rotating my tires either.

Thanks for link! I will have to order the alignment kit my tires are chewed up from the worn springs/shocks. I don't want to deal with rotating my tires either.

You will still need to rotate as the rear camber is not adjustable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back